What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Nothing will or should take away Jarryd's number of tries scored and other such purely performance based feats.

But medals (such as Dally Ms) are an honour and a privilege, bestowed upon players deserving of them... the Dally Ms used to (still do?) exclude players who were suspended for 2 or more matches during the season from winning - so there is already more than just performance being considered.

In my opinion it makes perfect sense that character in subsequent years should be a criteria for the bestower of awards to retract them should they deem it desirable.

emjaycee

Coach
Nothing will or should take away Jarryd's number of tries scored and other such purely performance based feats.

But medals (such as Dally Ms) are an honour and a privilege, bestowed upon players deserving of them... the Dally Ms used to (still do?) exclude players who were suspended for 2 or more matches during the season from winning - so there is already more than just performance being considered.

In my opinion it makes perfect sense that character in subsequent years should be a criteria for the bestower of awards to retract them should they deem it desirable.
A football related suspension removes the "fairest" option and it makes sense to exclude such players.

Yes, no argument there. What about someone who misses games for non-football reasons - e.g. Dylan this year. Would the NRL 3 game stand down qualify as "suspension" for Dally M purposes? I would think it should...

emjaycee

Coach
We need to agree to disagree and move on.
The WAFL and I believe performance based awards/recognition are separate from character based awards/recognition and shouldn't be rescinded for character related issues/findings, and you don't.

T-Boon

Coach
And so does his nightclub biting incident, his Kings Cross bullet dodging incident, and his "cash money fam" bikie video incident - all of which occurred while he Hayne playing league - and taken together with more recent incidents paint a pretty linked up picture.
Ah, why victim blame him for getting shot at. Do you assume he deserved that? Yes you do. Do you assume women get what they deserve?

If you read the link, it says "Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne and St George's Mark Gasnier were reportedly involved in a fight that led to shots being fired at them near the corner of Ward Avenue and Kellett Street."

So yes, if they'd gotten involved in a fight then there is some blame there rather than innocence, wouldn't you think?

If women had been involved in a fight in the cross that led to shots being fired at them, I would feel the same... however that's a lot different to women being blamed for dressing up on a night out and having a drunk guy squeeze their norks.

Gronk

Staff member
I think it's a bit rich that the NRL removes Hayne's Dally M's, when there is an Immortal who passed away before he could be tried after he was charged with what would likely be considered more serious crimes.
Your post deserved much more credit than it got.

Your recounting of history is slightly off, but the message remains. The alleged motherf**ker is a hero and will forever stay that way.

I know, I know most will say that he was never found guilty. Fine let’s hold a party for him.

History will show that he was charged with indecent six acts against a girls aged 14 and 16.

Yes charges were dropped ONLY because of his dementia.

Chipmunk

Coach

Your recounting of history is slightly off, but the message remains. The alleged motherf**ker is a hero and will forever stay that way.

I know, I know most will say that he was never found guilty. Fine let’s hold a party for him.

History will show that he was charged with indecent six acts against a girls aged 14 and 16.

I believe the charges were only dropped once he died, not just because he had dementia . Not a lot of point continuing at that stage.

Gronk

Staff member
I believe the charges were only dropped once he died, not just because he had dementia . Not a lot of point continuing at that stage.

Well then that makes it even more sus than the scenario that I painted.

IFR33K

Coach
Philosophically relevant to Hayne, and the individual journeys we each are on to come to terms with what remains of his legacy...

Did Hayne rejects your advances at all? U need to let it go.

Let what go? The article very clearly supports that how we process someone who did good things but who turned bad is a very individual thing... It suggests that all of us are right - even you - in however we choose to feel about it now the dust has settled (e.g. taking his medals off him or not).

IFR33K

Coach
Let what go? The article very clearly supports that how we process someone who did good things but who turned bad is a very individual thing... It suggests that all of us are right - even you - in however we choose to feel about it now the dust has settled (e.g. taking his medals off him or not).

I don’t know. I didn’t read the article, or click on it because it was posted by the new Casper.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Nobody's holding a party for them. Most of these players are obvious deadshits and scumbags. Immortal/Dally M/Hall of Fame/whatever. It only reflects on them as a player. Barba and Wighton have both won Dally M Medals. Do you really think it made anyone like or respect them more as people? It's a sports award not the f**king Florence Nightingale Medal.

I actually knew Langlands (he was a friend of my dad's). I can tell you he was known for his footy prowess and not for being a good bloke, despite the MBE.

Latest posts