What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Gronk

Staff member
Nobody's holding a party for them. Most of these players are obvious deadshits and scumbags. Immortal/Dally M/Hall of Fame/whatever. It only reflects on them as a player. Barba and Wighton have both won Dally M Medals. Do you really think it made anyone like or respect them more as people? It's a sports award not the f**king Florence Nightingale Medal.

I actually knew Langlands (he was a friend of my dad's). I can tell you he was known for his footy prowess and not for being a good bloke, despite the MBE.
Cool, so we circle back. They are saying that Hayne should be stripped of his Dally Ms. There seems to be some double standards here. Johns, Langlands, Fulton and now Hayne. All loose units in their own way off the field, yet only one is being singled out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well none of them should have their awards removed, as it would be rewriting history. Fine, come out and denounce them, and add that to the historical record, but don't pretend they didn't achieve whatever they did on the field.

T-Boon

Coach
Cool, so we circle back. They are saying that Hayne should be stripped of his Dally Ms. There seems to be some double standards here. Johns, Langlands, Fulton and now Hayne. All loose units in their own way off the field, yet only one is being singled out.
We all know why.

Bandwagon

Staff member
FYI - Barry Cable was stripped of his Hall of Fame and 'Legend' status which both have some relationship to his character and I have no problem with stripping people of character based awards, if findings of their character later reveal them to be dubious in this regard - Rolf, Jimmy and the SAS guys all got 'character' based recognitions, Hayne didn't. DallyM's are awarded on based on performance, not character.

Similarly Barry Cable's 3 x Sanderson awards for being the 'best and fairest player' in the WA AFL comp have not been removed from him and he is still listed on their website as the recipient.

View attachment 76349

Source: https://wafl.com.au/honour/sandover-medal

Yeah, there's a difference between an award that recognises performance at a certain time, and one that recognises it for all time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No doubt you’d hate Ben Roberts-Smith too but I don’t think he’s been charged with a sex crime. You’d have to hide behind some other faux concern to indulge in that petty resentment.

So what's your actual point here, Pou-man?
You’ve got plenty of smartarse comments for these men of colour when they fail to navigate white feminist morality.
Are you suddenly the defender of all men (footballers) of colour against non-existant sexual discrimination on the forums now...? Just for the sake of failing to score a point - much like the Wests Tigers' flaccid attack.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not defending them. I think they’re douche bags too. I’m just not so quick to crow about anyone’s crimes against women, and I don’t even have a history of stalking them online.

Latest posts