What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

T-Boon

Coach
Yes, in 2009 Hayne had a lazy first half of the comp, and only selectively "switched on" during the second half of the season. That's not a sign of a great player

It's all just opinions anayway - journos or fans (in this instance mine). Jamie Soward actually won the 2009 Provan-Summons medal for people's choice player of the year - no less valid than the journos choice version (the Dally M one).
I’ve decided I am putting you on ignore. Nothing person.

That is your right... and no offence taken.

But it doesn't change that Jamie Soward was Dally M Halfback of the Year AND Provan-Summons People's Choice Player of The Year in 2009 - rather than Hayne. Which means that fans from other clubs saw through the half-season effort from our show pony more than we (or impressionable journos) did.

emjaycee

Coach

But it doesn't change that Jamie Soward was Dally M Halfback of the Year AND Provan-Summons People's Choice Player of The Year in 2009 - rather than Hayne. Which means that fans from other clubs saw through the half-season effort from our show pony more than we (or impressionable journos) did.
Are you just being a contrary troll now?

lingard

Coach
Look guy, Hayne is better than Gutherson. It is not close. Hayne also has gotten us a lot closer to winning a premiership than Gutherson (on his own).
I definitely agree that Hayne is better than Gutherson. But in terms of consistency, longevity, and overall influence on the team, Gutho wins hands down. He has been the driving force behind this team for the last six (?) years now - and that doesn't look like changing anything soon. Also a captain who leads by example at training and on the field. He gets my nod any day. Hayne, in hindsight, was just a far more brilliant version of Lattrel Michell.

T.S Quint

Coach

Or maybe the fans of other clubs just didn’t like Hayne and thought he was a dickhead. You’ll find that Cameron Smith never won it either, despite being one of the best of all time.

And really, using the Provan-Summons medal as a yardstick is stupid. Jarrod f**king Croker won that award in 2016, ffs.

T-Boon

Coach
I definitely agree that Hayne is better than Gutherson. But in terms of consistency, longevity, and overall influence on the team, Gutho wins hands down. He has been the driving force behind this team for the last six (?) years now - and that doesn't look like changing anything soon. Also a captain who leads by example at training and on the field. He gets my nod any day. Hayne, in hindsight, was just a far more brilliant version of Lattrel Michell.
I think Moses has had as much to do with "the driving force" as Gutherson. Maybe more.
Gutherson is a very high energy player and those guys are always popular with the fans. They tend to look okay win or lose. He also has pretty good instincts. He has those intangibles over Hayne (and Moses) for sure. He is seen as a better leader. Hayne, Moses, Brown tend to get blamed a lot more when the team loses. They have irreplaceable skills but can drift in and out of a game.
If Guth wasn't high energy he would be a reserve grader.
I always preferred the early version of Hindmarsh to the workhorse version.

Eelogical

Referee
I think Moses has had as much to do with "the driving force" as Gutherson. Maybe more.
Gutherson is a very high energy player and those guys are always popular with the fans. They tend to look okay win or lose. He also has pretty good instincts. He has those intangibles over Hayne (and Moses) for sure. He is seen as a better leader. Hayne, Moses, Brown tend to get blamed a lot more when the team loses. They have irreplaceable skills but can drift in and out of a game.
If Guth wasn't high energy he would be a reserve grader.
I always preferred the early version of Hindmarsh to the workhorse version.
Moses is great when he's skiing down Mt Sinnai, but give me the Gutho cross country skier any day.

T-Boon

Coach
Moses is great when he's skiing down Mt Sinnai, but give me the Gutho cross country skier any day.
Each to their own. Guth is replaceable as I see it (Gordon, McKinnon, Hodgson, Schifofski level) whereas Moses is a rare gem (nothing since Sterlo).

Or maybe the fans of other clubs just didn’t like Hayne and thought he was a dickhead. You’ll find that Cameron Smith never won it either, despite being one of the best of all time.

And really, using the Provan-Summons medal as a yardstick is stupid. Jarrod f**king Croker won that award in 2016, ffs.
Equally as stupid as using the Dally M journos award... which was kind of the point.

By the way, I dropped into the Club and had a look at what passes for the hall of fame these days... Jarryd's picture is still hanging on a column above (I think) Hindy's, so everyone worried about Hayne getting cancelled can sleep well tonight!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep Hynes wasn't the best player in 2022...

It's just like the media talking up players e.g Schuster.
Yep, they might get on some good-news-story's bandwagon for a season but they don't do it twice. That's why two Dally Ms are meaningful while one isn't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

You got something against Provan-Summons medals you f**ken bigot?!?!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Each to their own. Guth is replaceable as I see it (Gordon, McKinnon, Hodgson, Schifofski level) whereas Moses is a rare gem (nothing since Sterlo).
Of course Gutho is replaceable.

In 105 mins he has been off the ground this year the scoreline is 68-10 to the opposition.

Take out the warriors game it's 22-0 after 25 mins in 2 different games when he has been off.

He is holding us back big time

T.S Quint

Coach
Equally as stupid as using the Dally M journos award... which was kind of the point.

I’m not a big fan of the Dally M award and who votes for it.
I do believe that even though the journos had their favourites, they would still be way more unbiased than the fans.

Aren’t the Dally M’s now voted on by former players in stead of journos?