What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne out the rest of the year?

MetroGnome

Juniors
I agree.
This bloke is injury prone and has recently been signed again for approximately 1 million per season taking the mantle as our 'marquee player'.
I was seriously pissed off when we signed him because I had a feeling that like last year, he would be injured during or soon after origin AGAIN.
And guess what...
IF he is not injured for the rest of the season, this fairy must play. f**k the world cup! Start giving back to your young fans Jarryd who they deem you as a hero. Give your young team mates a boost in what are very dire circumstances atm.
OR......sit on a plastic chair or go shopping whilst on 1 mil / year and forget all about it.
Why are all our stats worse now than under SK?
The clean out has NOTHING to do with it. They were playing like busteds before that. Mudgee for example.
Lucky we got you Rick, thank goodness you signed with us and have provided soooooo much for us. You've truly earned every penny of your 800k.

Pheeeew....rant complete...for now.

broncos2010

Juniors
I agree.
This bloke is injury prone and has recently been signed again for approximately 1 million per season taking the mantle as our 'marquee player'.
I was seriously pissed off when we signed him because I had a feeling that like last year, he would be injured during or soon after origin AGAIN.
And guess what...
IF he is not injured for the rest of the season, this fairy must play. f**k the world cup! Start giving back to your young fans Jarryd who they deem you as a hero. Give your young team mates a boost in what are very dire circumstances atm.
OR......sit on a plastic chair or go shopping whilst on 1 mil / year and forget all about it.
Why are all our stats worse now than under SK?
The clean out has NOTHING to do with it. They were playing like busteds before that. Mudgee for example.
Lucky we got you Rick, thank goodness you signed with us and have provided soooooo much for us. You've truly earned every penny of your 800k.

Pheeeew....rant complete...for now.

Why you complaining?

I think Mullaney is doing a fine job at fb is he not?

lingard

Coach
Two players (Jarryd Hayne and Nathan Hindmarsh) have, in their own very different ways, carried Parramatta on their backs for the past five years.
Hayne could virtually have gone to any club he wanted to last time around, but chose to stay with Parramatta. You don't think he might have been tempted to go to Souths or Saints or Easts for a chance to play with better players? Maybe win a grand final?
The very impudence of the fellow to want to play for NSW or Australia! How dare he!
You think a player of his ability might not at times get a bit frustrated playing with a dummy half like Matt Keating? Or a halfback like Sandow? Or a five-eight like Ben Roberts? Or behind a forward pack that's just bristling with talent? Not to mention playing under the tactical genius that was Stephen Kearney.
And he has the audacity to get injured! My God!
And now his coach has told him that he will be rested for the rest of the year. Six games. We're last on the ladder and can't improve on that. It's a decision that the coach has made (which I agree with - but that's beside the point).
But keep sinking the boot in, guys. It's all Jarryd's fault. As usual.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Two players (Jarryd Hayne and Nathan Hindmarsh) have, in their own very different ways, carried Parramatta on their backs for the past five years.
Hayne could virtually have gone to any club he wanted to last time around, but chose to stay with Parramatta. You don't think he might have been tempted to go to Souths or Saints or Easts for a chance to play with better players? Maybe win a grand final?
The very impudence of the fellow to want to play for NSW or Australia! How dare he!
You think a player of his ability might not at times get a bit frustrated playing with a dummy half like Matt Keating? Or a halfback like Sandow? Or a five-eight like Ben Roberts? Or behind a forward pack that's just bristling with talent? Not to mention playing under the tactical genius that was Stephen Kearney.
And now his coach has told him that he will be rested for the rest of the year. Six games. We're last on the ladder and can't improve on that. It's a decision that the coach has made (which I agree with - but that's beside the point).

Every once in a while, a poster writes a post so splendidly worded, so succinctly phrased and so eloquently argued, that my faith in humanity gets momentarily restored.

This is one of those posts.

:clap:

Chipmunk

Coach
Every once in a while, a poster writes a post so splendidly worded, so succinctly phrased and so eloquently argued, that my faith in humanity gets momentarily restored.

This is one of those posts.

:clap:

Yeah I thought it was pretty good too

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well said Lingard :clap:

Look I agree with the essence of Lingard's post (partic. given the knobhead post to which he was replying) . I do, however, get the idea that people don't think too hard about the causal links between having (and paying) a superstar like Jarryd, and the quality of the other players who take up the remainder of the cap. This is, in no way a criticism of JH or Hindy. But the posts last year along the lines of 'sign him at any cost' were a little misguided (I'm happy we've got him....don't get me wrong).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am happy for Hayne to sit out if he is injured and agree he has carried the side over the last few years. But if he aren't injured, I don't care what is on at the end of the year - I want him playing the the eels not being rested. We pay his wage and if fit and as the club captain I want him playing no matter what. It is bullshxt if he is being rested!!

Joely01

Bench
I am happy for Hayne to sit out if he is injured and agree he has carried the side over the last few years. But if he aren't injured, I don't care what is on at the end of the year - I want him playing the the eels not being rested. We pay his wage and if fit and as the club captain I want him playing no matter what. It is bullshxt if he is being rested!!

We pay his wages correct. I'd rather him not play for Aus to be honest. Id rather him have the rest of the year off and be fully fit for a big pre season to work on the combinations with Norman, Hopoate etc.

Why risk him when we have nothing to gain? When we can play it safe and wreek the benefits next year. That's when he will earn his pay packet.

BennyBoy

Juniors
We pay his wages correct. I'd rather him not play for Aus to be honest. Id rather him have the rest of the year off and be fully fit for a big pre season to work on the combinations with Norman, Hopoate etc.

Why risk him when we have nothing to gain? When we can play it safe and wreek the benefits next year. That's when he will earn his pay packet.

And if he is injured pre-season again?

Never mind this resting shit we pay his wages and the fans want to see their stars, if he's fit he should be playing.

Noise

Coach
And if he is injured pre-season again?

Never mind this resting shit we pay his wages and the fans want to see their stars, if he's fit he should be playing.

This! If he is right to play he should be playing. Did gallen get rested when the sharks kept missing the finals? What about thurston now they wont make the semis? Did smith slater and cronk sit out the season they were playing for no points? This just typifies the soft loser culture we have here at parra

Latest posts