What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne set to be axed

strider

Post Whore
yeah - if they were involved in the plasma screen thing then they need to be taught a lesson .... make em peel the oranges!

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
yeah - if they were involved in the plasma screen thing then they need to be taught a lesson .... make em peel the oranges!

lucky that story never got out in the media in full ;-)

strider

Post Whore
Stagger eel said:
lucky that story never got out in the media in full ;-)
we did a good job sweeping it under the carpet .... altho timmy DID pretty much cop all the blame at teh time, they just had so many other good stories to throw at him that it didn't get more coverage - took one for his teammates i guess - wellar and junior don't have big enough names to make anything bigger of it :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Being part of a group that broke a telly does not make you guilty. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
Being part of a group that broke a telly does not make you guilty. ;-)

I'll say it again...lucky the story didn't get out in full in the media. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
we did a good job sweeping it under the carpet .... altho timmy DID pretty much cop all the blame at teh time, they just had so many other good stories to throw at him that it didn't get more coverage - took one for his teammates i guess - wellar and junior don't have big enough names to make anything bigger of it :lol:

I'm not sure whether the club did the sweeping but someone did...;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
This has set a precedent. If a crime/fight/anything happens within 100m of where an NRL player might have had a beer, that player was "involved" and should be sacked.

Bigfella

Coach
I actually think its a very appropriate action. The guy was involved in an incident with Gasnier, who then left. Our players decide to be heroes and confront the guy at McDonalds later in the night when it had nothing to do with them and get involved in a scuffle. It was 4am on a monday for ffs and what if the guy had the gun with him then instead of later.
They put themselves in an unnecessary situation cause they were full of booze and should know better by now, especially Hayne. They obviously don't think much of the fans or the club if they think they can act in public however they damn well please. They are public figures and like it or not, they need to be aware of that 24/7.

Congratulations.

The amount of excuses being made for these blokes is ridiculous.

Being in the Cross, and 4am have nothing to do with the penalty, or the need for it.

What they did which requires censure was:

1. Hayne becoming involved in Gasnier's scuffle;

2. Hayne and the other 2 blokes then later approaching the individual to renew the argument. At that point they were no longer "helping a mate" or acting in self defense. They were participating in an aggressive act that was inevitably going to escalate the violence. (This is by far the more serious of the two)

I know there may be some doubt over precisely what happened as Strides has pointed out - but remember the club has interviewed all 3, and had access to their police statements.

We need to crack down from our club's point of view - not because they might get shot. I accept that is a one off and extremely unlikely scenario.

We need to take firm action because when you give these blokes too much rope they hang themselves.

I personally don't want to see these 34 young talents become the new Mark Gasnier or Willie Mason ie an elite player who is a notorious mug lair who doesn;t live up to his obvious talent.

I also think some of our senior players are probably guilty of that themselves ...

This is a step in the right direction and will hopefully give all 3 the necessary hunger to make the most of their ability.

Bigfella

Coach
This has set a precedent. If a crime/fight/anything happens within 100m of where an NRL player might have had a beer, that player was "involved" and should be sacked.

that is utterly ridiculous

parranut

Juniors
Here we are a week away from kick off and Hayne and co wan't to go out drinking piss at 4am NOT GOOD ENOUGH when are these players going to learn that nothing good happens after midnight and as for some of the comments about this being a media beat up wake up to yourselves .These players should have more respect for our great club ,you never heard of Price , Sterling , Kenny etc carrying on like immature boofheads .What craps me off most is we have had a great off season with great signings and a positive feel , all the hard work has come undone:x

Stagger eel

Staff member
adamkungl said:

there is a players code of sonduct out there that I resently found out and that is if you get involved in a scuffle or heated exchange in public, then you go straight home.

Gaz did, however Hayne who interviened didn't....

andy777

Juniors
Nova news just said hayne stood down for the first round and a $2,000 fine

Weller and junior got the same deal

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
I hear the Grannys at East Leagues are pretty sore losers. :lol:

exactly ;-) ...so we still don't know who broke it? and Timmy is quoted to dennying it but no one else?

sweep! sweep! sweep!

tollgateadzy

Juniors
The main question here is who has been punished ??? the answer is the team & more importantly the fans.
The punishment should fit the crime - the crime being that these guys have too much money and too much time on their hands for their age. They have no "life skills" outside of football which in my opinion is the reason for the numerous indiscesions.
The punishment does not fit the crime - the punishment should be monetary -10% of their contract and time - working in a sheltered workshop or the like to make them appreciate what an opportunity they have.
.:cool: