What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'd be surprised if SK gave Mullaney a debut this week. If Hayne is out for more matches, then we might see Mullaney appear next week, but on short notice I don't reckon we'll see any changes.

Willie T was named on the bench knowing Hayne was playing in origin - there's even quotes from Kearney about that selection saying though he hoped Hayne didn't get injured he had to have a plan b.... I reckon SK will simply stick to the same backline as last week, and only think about further changes the week after (when either Hayne might be back or he can put more thought into who to debut in what position, as development for next year).

Precisely!

But you don't think SK will actually THINK about things do you :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A cardboard cut out of Hayne would offer us more at the back than Burt. I'm pretty sure we bought Mullaney to cover Hayne around origin time. The season is screwed no harm giving him a game now.

Djay

Juniors
It's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

Go do some research on this topic and get back to me.
I can save you the hassle if you like (since I've done the research). Prior to this year, with Burt at fullback we conceeded 34 points per game ON AVERAGE. With Hayne it was under 19.
The only reason I don't include this years stats is because I haven't compiled them yet, and frankly I can't be bothered! It wouldn't change the overall picture very much (probably make Hayne's numbers go up to 20 and Burt's would be about the same.

And over the entire length of his career (which includes playing in some winning teams) we win only 37% of the time when Burt is at fullback. He's also been spared playing fullback for the main part under the Kearney regime (the losingest in club history).

As a comparison, Hayne has a 48% record of winning at fullback, which is all the more remarkable considering he has played a large number of games at the position under the Kearney regime (the losingest in club history).

If you can't be bothered reading it all, I'll sum up for you:
Hayne at fullback = better defence for the team. Burt at fullback = terrible idea (been shown time and again over the years - the bloke is a winger or nothing).

Thank you.

bartman

Immortal
Precisely!

But you don't think SK will actually THINK about things do you :lol:

I think he does think about things sure - but my guess is that he does it in a very slow, structured and risk-averse. Prefers a planned approach, rather than spontaneity.

It would be silly to rush Hayne back, and hopefully we'll see Mullaney get a chance at the back v Dogs, with Burt on the wing and W Tonga (if still unable to pass to his winger) at wenty.

Delboy

First Grade
Reminds me of a phrase that Rabbits used in the past about Eric Grothe senior

Big, strong , fast and has the ability to recognise pain immediately :)

Just being humourous

natheel

Coach
Excellent news is rather mullaney in this week just to make sure no pass tonga doesn't get another go

Morgs>>>>>>tonga

Gronk

Staff member
A cardboard cut out of Hayne would offer us more at the back than Burt. I'm pretty sure we bought Mullaney to cover Hayne around origin time. The season is screwed no harm giving him a game now.

Our cranky assistant coach dealt with that question in last weeks Facebook Questions.

On the question of Mullaney vs Burt, Cranky Pants Arthurs said that we could not overlook Burt because he and the rest of our backline was in such fine form.

:sarcasm:

IFR33K

Coach
Our cranky assistant coach dealt with that question in last weeks Facebook Questions.

On the question of Mullaney vs Burt, Cranky Pants Arthurs said that we could not overlook Burt because he and the rest of our backline was in such fine form.

Fine form ????

Poo poo must be arthurs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Didn't see that, if our backs are in such fine why are we running last??? :lol:

That comment is probably more to appease all the Burt fans out there. I mean no one is allowed to question his place in the team. Besides the fact he has offered SFA the past season and a half......Hayne has copped it deluxe on here at times, Poore,Roberts,Keating and even Hindy. The coach,Board and even the ground announcer, but don't you dare say a bad word about fan fav Burty........

barney gumble

Juniors
Didn't see that, if our backs are in such fine why are we running last??? :lol:

That comment is probably more to appease all the Burt fans out there. I mean no one is allowed to question his place in the team. Besides the fact he has offered SFA the past season and a half......Hayne has copped it deluxe on here at times, Poore,Roberts,Keating and even Hindy. The coach,Board and even the ground announcer, but don't you dare say a bad word about fan fav Burty........

Well there you go!! problem solved!!

The reason we nearly got the spoon last year and the reason we'll almost certainly get it this year is all due to Luke Burt.

Your a genious mate, get rid of Burt now and we'll win the comp.!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well there you go!! problem solved!!

The reason we nearly got the spoon last year and the reason we'll almost certainly get it this year is all due to Luke Burt.

Your a genious mate, get rid of Burt now and we'll win the comp.!!!!!
Who said it was all Burt's fault genius??? ;-)I honestly believe he is not up to first grade anymore and hasn't been for a while.

Doesn't mean he is the reason we are running stone motherless but FMD some people think he can do no wrong :crazy: