What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazem El masri should be selected for Australia

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
TV Ted Ellery said:
You are an indictment on the Newcastle education system. I've now decided to send my ferret to etiquette classes in Wyong instead.

El Masri is one of the classiest people in the game and he doesn't deserve to be slandered by a hack like you.

Very well said mate. El Masri is one of the best gentleman in the game.

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
ali said:
I say save him for Lebanon's world cup qualifying campaign come October. Hazem should forget about the Roos and concentrate on getting the Cedars into the 2008 World Cup. He'll need a couple of big games to help them get passed Ireland and Russia (If Russia in fact qualifies first from Euro B and ends up in this pool).

I hope they get through. I think they can put a reasonable competitive team together. Haz Deserves a run at that level as a swansong to a marvellous career.

Azkatro

First Grade
One thing I'll give El Masri is he puts in week after week, a very consistent player I reckon. But I think this picture sums up why he isn't getting picked to play representative football:

failure.jpg

ozzie

Bench
[furrycat] said:
haZem*

Covell's best honour = A jersey in a pointless rep game

Hazem's best honour = A GF win, a Kangaroo jersey a few years ago, Captain of the Lebanese side.

Hazem has a swag full of tries this year, covell has barely any :lol:
Hazem's goal kicking sh*ts on Covells too! :lol:

Covell's Natural position = Left Right Out
and El Masari reserve orange boy for the kanga's - he is a very good club player but have a look at the talent running around on the wing. Too many to go through but every club has a good winger

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Hazem's best honour = A GF win, a Kangaroo jersey a few years ago, Captain of the Lebanese side.

It sh*ts me when a player like this plays for two countries. Which is it, Hazem?

Same with Ricketson playing for Ireland and Lote already having played for Fiji.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dont blame the players Cliffy.
In 2000 they had a world cup and they needed some NRL stars who did not make the Oz team to play for other nations. If they had a grandmother who had a cousin who was Irish...then they could play for Ireland.
It was a mickey mouse comp with no cred.

sooperdooper

First Grade
el masri is a solid player as most people here have said and agreed on!
but he is def not one of the best wingers in the NRL
he will get a city spot but should nt even be in the eyes of selectors for the roos or the blues

nothing against him as he plays week in week out decent footy but just doesnt do enough to be there

borat

Bench
IMO either El Masri or Amos Roberts will get a wing position in the NSW team because without Johns and possibly no Fitzgibbon NSW will need a goalkicker.

Kiwi

First Grade
Isn't he from Lebbanon? So shouldn't be playing for Australia anyway?

Everyone else seems to be picking and choosing which players born in other countries playing for NZ and Australia they whinge about "having no right to be in the team", so I might as well do the same.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Jason Taylor isn't the best of all time, he's is the top pointscorer of alltime. His goalkicking accuracy (75.24%) is horrific compared to El Masri (81.75%) and Halligan (79.31%), as well as Ridge (80.22%).

To boot, El Masri has scored 119 tries, and still has a good three or four years up him. Injury permitting, by the end of 2008, he will eclipse Taylor easily.

Interesting to note that four of the top ten pointscorers of alltime (Lamb, Gearin, El Masri, Halligan) were all Bulldogs...

Timmah

Staff member
Walt Flanigan said:
and out of all those players, Jason Taylor is the only one with any talent.

:lol:

Talent?

119 tries plays 47, and El Masri lacks talent?

El Masri has more razzle-dazzle in his play than Taylor had in his middle toe on his left foot. You have no basis for your argument whatsoever :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
lol what game do you watch mate?

Jason Taylor was a halfback. Halfbacks are not known to be prolific try scorers.

I find it comical that you rate talent based on the number of tries scored. :roll:

hrundi99

First Grade
[furrycat] said:

He didn't deserve the Roos jersey and the Lebanese captaincy ain't exactly top shelf.

As many others have said, he's a good player but not rep worthy.

Timmah

Staff member
I find it hilarious that you base it on the number of goals scored. Goalkicking a skill completely separate to the game itself as it is. Taylor never impressed in general play, he was simply 'there'. He was touted as the player to 'solve all the problems Parramatta had' with their halfbacks since the departure of Sterlo, but ultimately he did jack.

El Masri is still here, still successful - and even managed City and Australian jumpers on the way. El Masri > Taylor. Which is funny, because making a comparison at the end of their careers will be even more degrading to JT.

Latest posts