What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazem El masri should be selected for Australia

Walt Flanigan

Referee
When did I ever say I based talent on goal kicking ability? In fact the point I was making earlier is that out of the goal kickers named, Jason Taylor was the only one who could play a bit of footy.

I also find it hard to believe that Jason Taylor did "jack" for Parramatta when his addition took Parramatta to new heights.

Has El Masri ever won the Dally M? Has he won the Rothmans Medal?

Jason Taylor has acheived both of these and still sits as Rugby Leagues all-time highest point scorer. El Masri has nothing but a golden boot and that's how he'll always be known.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Have you actually watched a game with El Masri in it? You don't score 119 tries in ten years through 'luck'. He is one of the games most consistent performers, only one major injury to him last year.

Timmah

Staff member
New heights?

El Masri's try and goalscoring ability led us to the premiership in 2004. Taylor's never earned a premiership ring!

He's been top pointscorer for 4 of the last 6 seasons if I remember correctly (I'm probably wrong there). He's broken multiple records, including longest goalkicking accuracy streak in the NRL, most points in an NRL season, and it's only a matter of time before he surpasses Johns/Taylor as alltime pointscorer and Johns as top points for one club. I still want to know how Taylor 'took Parramatta to new heights'... the club made one grand final and choked like the bitches they are - and he was even less successful with Norths/Beagles. El Masri... 2 grand finals, 1 premiership, many records. Taylor, one grand final, one choke.

Anything else you want to add?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
El Masri is a winger, he's there to finish off back line movements and score tries. He does his job, good for him. If you read up on Taylor you'll find he only missed something like 2 games in his whole career. Holds the record of 194 consecutive games.

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
. El Masri... 2 grand finals, 1 premiership, many records. Taylor, one grand final, one choke.

Anything else you want to add?

he didnt play in the 1998 GF.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Timmah said:
New heights?

El Masri's try and goalscoring ability led us to the premiership in 2004. Taylor's never earned a premiership ring!

That is one of silliest things I've ever heard. So it was El Masri's goalkicking that got the Bulldogs their premiership? Not their monster forward pack or skillfull halves combination? That'll do me.

Wally Lewis doesn't have a premiership ring either, I suppose El Masri is better than he was too.

Timmah

Staff member
You're comparing Taylor to Wally Lewis now?

:lol:

Clutch at straws often?

Have a look at the scorecard from the grand final in 2004, and watch the game. The points scored matter, and El Masri did just that.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
No the point I was making is that a premiership ring doesn't make you a great player.

If El Masri was the reason they won that Grand Final then why did Mason get the Clive Churchill?

simon says

First Grade
El Masri is the most dangerous winger in the comp from ten metres out....there is no other player that can dance/duck and weave his way through traffic like Hasem.

His try in the 2004 GF won the dogs the game and there was no way he should have scored it.....he is freaky.

Much more than just a goal kicker....he is a try poacher of the highest order and if he was 6 foot he would have played a dozen tests by now.

Cheers.

pantherz9103

First Grade
He wouldn't be out of place in a rep jersey for NSW. But will the selectors pick him when the test selectors picked 2 NSW centres in the centres and another two centres on the wing?!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
They both suck. Tahu, Grothe, Sing, Ty Williams, King, Webster, Albert, Inglis, Carney, Rooney, Lewis are better then both those hacks. Maybe if all those players and a few more i've probably forgotten all get blown up by el masri's suicide bomber cousin while at the pub laughing at covell and el masri and how crap they are they will get a run.

This poster is a reason why there should be licences for parenting :?

Timmah

Staff member
simon says said:
El Masri is the most dangerous winger in the comp from ten metres out....there is no other player that can dance/duck and weave his way through traffic like Hasem.

His try in the 2004 GF won the dogs the game and there was no way he should have scored it.....he is freaky.

Much more than just a goal kicker....he is a try poacher of the highest order and if he was 6 foot he would have played a dozen tests by now.

Cheers.

:clap:

We don't agree often, but VWS said simon.

aqua_duck

Coach
pantherz9103 said:
He wouldn't be out of place in a rep jersey for NSW. But will the selectors pick him when the test selectors picked 2 NSW centres in the centres and another two centres on the wing?!!
I'd also have Grothe in front, I guess he's just unlucky to be playing the game when big outside backs are the go.

Timmah

Staff member
1. Hodgson or Mini
2. El Masri
3. King
4. Gasnier
5. Cooper or Grothe
6. Barrett
7. Holdsworth
8. O'Meley
9. C Hughes

... OK I'm kidding.

Hutty1986

Immortal
El Masri is a wonderfully consistent player and one of the great role models in Australian sport.. Fantastic kicker and good finisher, but I'd doubt whether he'd make the Roos' team when theres blokes like Tahu and Kingy in front of him

>zuzu<

Juniors
Personally i think he is in the top 5 wingers out there atm. For mine he comes at about 4th. Judging Tahu and King as a wingers mine would be:
1. Growthe Jnr
2. Tahu
3. Sing
4. El Masri
5. King

But thats just me

Latest posts