What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Craigshark

First Grade
You wouldn’t ask that? Be the first question out of my mouth if I was a journo.

I don't know.. don't you think if they were taking the premiership off us that's one of the first things they would have said..

Barry just saved this club a f**kload of money and more severe punishments. We now have an absolute clean slate heading forward.

Our last lot of fines got reduced as well and I can bet our cooperation with this investigation had a lot to do with that.

Well done Barry.

Some basic f**ks in here still won’t get it but this is a good result from a bad situation.

A fair result from an unnecessary situation.

I haven't seen the press conference
Did any journo ask if there were to be penalties placed upon the CEO(s), who were running the club at the time(s) of the discrepancies?

Ads

First Grade
I don't know.. don't you think if they were taking the premiership off us that's one of the first things they would have said..
You’d want clarification right away. It’s what everyone cares about.

Time for the new era. Barry got us a handy discount on the fine. Time to find us the sponsor dollars.

SharkShocked

Bench
I haven't seen the press conference
Did any journo ask if there were to be penalties placed upon the CEO(s), who were running the club at the time(s) of the discrepancies?

Yes

They even loosely referred to whether or not a certain individual had been granted immunity - to which they stated no one has been given immunity, although it sounded quite dodgy.

Members that were involved prior are no longer in the game/around therefore they have no powers.

Yes

They even loosely referred to whether or not a certain individual had been granted immunity - to which they stated no one has been given immunity, although it sounded quite dodgy.

Members that were involved prior are no longer in the game/around therefore they have no powers.
Surprising that in recent times when a club has got done for a salary cap issue the CEO of the club has been put to the sword
BUT
Lyall Gorman knew Nuzink of any sorts yet he was The Group CEO, both the league's club and the football club
He must be dirty on the people who were working behind his back without his knowledge

SharkShocked

Bench
Surprising that in recent times when a club has got done for a salary cap issue the CEO of the club has been put to the sword
BUT
Lyall Gorman knew Nuzink of any sorts yet he was The Group CEO, both the league's club and the football club
He must be dirty on the people who were working behind his back without his knowledge

Your not wrong.

Considering they made clear mention that the salary cap breaches 'ramped up' or only really gathered pace in 2017.....

Sharkman

Juniors
Question from the floor....after reading this on news.com.au

NRL chief operating officer Nick Weeks confirmed in the announcement that the Integrity Unit investigation uncovered an attempt from the Sharks to set-up a second company solely for the purpose of sourcing third-party arrangements for players, contravening the rules surrounding third-party sponsorship deals for players.

What’s the difference between that and the Broncos Thoroughbred Club?

Quigs

Immortal
Play within the NRL rules and you win fharrk all. Stretch the NRL rules you are competitive.

Ignor, break, bend, disregard the NRL rules then you are up there and run with the big boys. Not unlike the NRL we all know who they are.

The joke of the NRL is Easts retention of players ALL under the cap. Yeah ... narhh.

2016 Premiership is set in stone now. They can all go and get well and truly pharrrked.

fizman

Bench
I am satisfied with the final outcome, hopefully, we can concentrate on football now.

We all know that the NRL is absolutely biased towards certain clubs, there is no need to open discussion on that.

Let me start with this absolute pearler on the Brisbane Broncos website they have the following squads listed -

• NRL Squad - 30 players
  • Intrust Super Cup - Ipswich Jets - 26 players
  • Intrust Super Cup - Norths Devils - 25 players
  • Intrust Super Cup - Redcliffe Dolphins - 16 players
  • Intrust Super Cup - Souths Logan Magpies - 31 players
  • Intrust Super Cup - Wynnum Seagulls - 32 players
  • TOTAL LISTED PLAYERS - 160 players
To be fair, some may have doubled up, but you have to be kidding me here?

This is EXACTLY the same as the Sharks offering players contracts and spreading them out to all of our Shire Clubs.

How is this is any way fair?

NRL chief operating officer Nick Weeks confirmed in the announcement that the Integrity Unit investigation uncovered an attempt from the Sharks to set-up a second company solely for the purpose of sourcing third-party arrangements for players, contravening the rules surrounding third-party sponsorship deals for players.

Careful the NRL might send you a infraction notice.

Don’t you know the Broncos are the Holy Grail of the NRL???

SadShark

Bench
Love to know who we going to release.

Next stop storm and roosters

I bet not
They haven't self reported yet...
Nick Politis handed down his self-reported findings to the NRL.

There was no case to answer for and for being so honest in their self-reporting, Politis has demanded that the NRL must hand out a fine of adding an extra $4.75million to the Roosters salary cap for 2019.

The NRL complied so they would not face any sanctions from the Roosters.

txta2

Bench

Not much difference from Politis buying up assets and handing them over to the Roosters, no?

Weaponhead

Coach
The big lesson here is when you open a can of worms, know what f**king worms are in the can before you pop the lid.

What started as a due diligence audit from a new CEO uncovered a couple of non disclosed third party payments. This seemed like a low risk issue to self report but quickly escalated when the NRL got their hands in the servers.

It seems ex NRL bloke who did the audit for Bazza wasn't thorough enough to give the clear picture before the decision to self report.

Anyway what's done is done, hopefully we can get on with footy now

roboshark

Coach
Jesus you should read some of the salty comments from some oxygen thieves on Facebook

Enough is enough .kick them out. The sharks always bringing the game into disrepute

Blah blah

Latest posts