What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

stormbati

Bench
That lawyer he's got (Bellew) is very impressive. Seems he gets everyone off except for Smith in the 08 GF, conveniantly lol.

Greenbits

Juniors
Poor decision.

However, QLDers can hardly complain given Thurston's equally comedic exoneration and the fact Slater wasn't even sited.

Additionally there was a QLD FOG on the panel. That said, poor decision. I blame Don Furner.

skeepe

Immortal
If the charge was "thrown out" as suggested, there can only be two reasons.

Reason 1: What he was charged with did not occur (ie, there was no headbutt). Clearly, there was.
Reason 2: What he was charged with is not a chargeable offence.

Clearly, the NRL judiciary have declared that anybody may now headbutt anybody else with absolute impunity.

Furthermore, if anyone at any time in the future of the NRL is suspended for a headbutt, they can rightfully point to the precedent set when Jarryd Hayne not only initiated the confrontation with his grubbiness, but then deliberately slammed his forehead into the face of the opposition player for daring to stand his ground, and was not suspended.

The judiciary have set a very dangerous precedent, all so the golden child can play.

I really feel for the match review committee. They must wonder why they bother at all.

jc155776

Coach
Storm games should result in no suspension because they are practice matches.

Storm scum deserve a good Glasgow kiss anyway.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
You only have to look at the names the got off, Thurston and Hayne, the golden boys.

Fkn weak as piss alright, so its free for all now i gather, headbutts, elbows, swearing, cattledog.

BWNB

First Grade
That Hayne got cleared of striking, If it was Gallen he would have got 10 weeks minimum.
I like Hayne and im a NSW blues supporter but gees, consistency please!
Gallen deserves the same treatment as Hayne.

Raider_69

Post Whore
its a poor decision and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves
there is no doubt the NRL looked after a golden child so they can build up the SOO game

but i couldnt be happier, hopefully some slater-hayne stuff in origin and duges can play for canberra :D

natheel

Coach
Which is ridiculous.

All it tells us is that players can perform a grapple on someone, and if they resent it, headbutt them in the face, and there won't be any punishment.

It's f**king disgraceful. Jarryd Hayne is f**king vermin. He's an arrogant little merkin who will now think he's untouchable on the football field.

just like billy then...

but honestly i was waiting for the first bite when he was cleared from a raiders fan...dugan will be on the wing imo with tahu and scott/idris in the centres

Jarryd "Houdini" Hayne huh?

I thought it was worth something, however, as Slater didn't even get cited, I think consistency has at least been achieved, in a somewhat arse-about away.

To the letter of the law, they both probably should have had a spell.

But I for one am happy to see them going head to head for Origin.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
Well all NSW fans cannot complain about anything ever again. That my freind is a disgrace, headbutt someone and get away with it. Good look for the kids. Headbutt and use the Hayne defence. He is in for it next wednesday, way to fire up the locals.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k off, play him on the wing and let dugan play.

What's wrong with you people?

Hayne's a big match player and the best fullback in the world. He's reigning Dally M Player of the Year, Dally M Fullback of the Year, and he's the NSW Blues Player of the Series in '07 and '09 - the only Blues player to have done that twice.

Dugan's a good player and one day might be great, but he flies under the radar in club footy - a luxury he won't have in Origin.

It's all about the ratings people, you know you want to see Hayne V slater on the greatest stage of all...you do, dont cha.

BWNB

First Grade
Slater deserved it too but.
One day we might have the 'Slater defence' or the ' Price defence'
Im not against the coping a whack.