What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

BWNB

First Grade
Slater deserved it too but.
One day we might have the 'Slater defence' or the ' Price defence'
Im not against the coping a whack.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well all NSW fans cannot complain about anything ever again. That my freind is a disgrace, headbutt someone and get away with it. Good look for the kids. Headbutt and use the Hayne defence. He is in for it next wednesday, way to fire up the locals.
It has nothing to do with his state. Thurston and Slater get off for all sorts of sh*t. Abusing refs, grapple tackles, going feet first into tackles and now headbutting are all fine if you're a superstar of the game.

timka4

Bench
they are both sooks / grubs, except one is NSW and one is QLD, which is why I f**king hate Slater, it's usually always him or Blair that get into fights when it's with the Storm, so it tells your story, Hayne isn't much better either.

What's wrong with you people?

Hayne's a big match player and the best fullback in the world. He's reigning Dally M Player of the Year, Dally M Fullback of the Year, and he's the NSW Blues Player of the Series in '07 and '09 - the only Blues player to have done that twice.

Dugan's a good player and one day might be great, but he flies under the radar in club footy - a luxury he won't have in Origin.

Which is why Hayne will end up on the Wing and Gidley will end up at Fullback.

Doomednow

Bench
It's all about the ratings people, you know you want to see Hayne V slater on the greatest stage of all...you do, dont cha.

This. I dont think there was much in Hayne's headbutt, and if Slater gets off Hayne should definitely. Regardless it wasn't likely to happen. Come on, a big fire up like that right before origin? They were always going to let them off so they could have another crack. Brings in huge ratings. Consider how much of a win the NRL needs at the moment with all this AFL business. A massive ratings win would be something they could throw back in AFL's face. May have also had something to do with Thurston getting the all clear too - need the superstars to bring in the most ratings.

Eels Dude

Coach
Lol at Canberra Fans. They're creating a huge fuss in this thread simply because Josh Dugan misses out on playing for NSW now.

user_nat

Coach
Late tackles and dangerous tackles can just happen without intention.. Head butting.. Does not.
Such a joke.

Eelogical

Referee
Correct decison....sanity prevailed. Now when we sit down in front of the TV for Origin 2 we will be chomping on the bit to see round 2. Doesn't matter which way the panel went with this one, there were always going to be detractors. Feel free to deny it hasn't added some spice to next weeks game. I hope we get a start like 1984....there was no penalty for a kiwi greeting then either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIaojMCxdLw

_Johnsy

Referee
Which is ridiculous.

All it tells us is that players can perform a grapple on someone, and if they resent it, headbutt them in the face, and there won't be any punishment.

It's f**king disgraceful. Jarryd Hayne is f**king vermin. He's an arrogant little merkin who will now think he's untouchable on the football field.

The judiciary are a disgrace and must be sacked for incompetence and bringing the game into disrepute.

I agree skeepe, Hayne should have been suspended, what does amaze me is your hypocrisy.

Last year you were full of support for someone kneeing an opponent with such force both legs left the ground.

Is it the colour of the jumper that determines your support ?

skeepe

Immortal
I agree skeepe, Hayne should have been suspended, what does amaze me is your hypocrisy.

Last year you were full of support for someone kneeing an opponent with such force both legs left the ground.

Is it the colour of the jumper that determines your support ?

:lol:

Because a deliberate, unprovoked headbutt that makes contact is EXACTLY THE SAME as a guy being king hit and retaliating in a way that completely missed while he was still being punched.

If anything, the fact Vidot was ridiculously outed for 2 matches for that incident shows just how ridiculous the decision to clear Hayne was.

matt

Juniors
Id prefer Dugan plays at townsville,instead of going anywhere that rat in a blue suit Bellamy.

Late tackles and dangerous tackles can just happen without intention.. Head butting.. Does not.
]

I agree - but then again nor do swinging elbows aimed at the back of the head.

Slater gets off . . . Hayne deserves to also, in my opinion.

Conversely, if one got suspended, then the other also should have.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Id prefer Dugan plays at townsville,instead of going anywhere that rat in a blue suit Bellamy.

preaching to the choir my man
this is an unwinnable series, dugan's too good to get his prints on this train wreck, next year when we can start fresh hopefully with a new coach, new selectors and half a chance, he can come in and do what the kid does and win football games

till then he can soak it all up and rock townsville with his mates

Latest posts