What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

So Headbutting is allowed..awesome.

Bring back the 5 metre rule as well.

Honestly...where do I donate to the Fred Hollows Foundation ??. The judiciary know when to turn a blind eye obviously...

Timbo

Staff member
Great message to the kids out there.

If you're a 'star' you can do whatever you want.

Eels Dude

Coach
Well all NSW fans cannot complain about anything ever again. That my freind is a disgrace, headbutt someone and get away with it. Good look for the kids. Headbutt and use the Hayne defence. He is in for it next wednesday, way to fire up the locals.

Yeah, like QLDers can't complain. They get away with calling a NSW player a QLDER and also the TBA loophole.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well done johnsy, you finally outed weepe as the biggest moron on LU...

it definitely is the colour of the jersey nothing else...

for the record, I thought Hayne was very very lucky...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
common sense prevails

it was no headbutt

what was it?

]

I agree - but then again nor do swinging elbows aimed at the back of the head.

Slater gets off . . . Hayne deserves to also, in my opinion.

Conversely, if one got suspended, then the other also should have.

wtf?:crazy: so its a headbutt if slater got suspended?
watch the incidents again slater doesnt make contact...are we going to suspend people for swinging arms which miss now?

matt

Juniors
Great message to the kids out there.

If you're a 'star' you can do whatever you want.
No if some piece of sh*t keeps attacking you and others and the law does nothing about it,Then my son the time has come to fight back,Say NO to bullies.

super_coach

First Grade
Grapple tackle and headbutt and its get thrown out of court, their is no way in the world you can have any faith in the system. Its rubbish, if it was just a club game the player would have got a stretch. The trouble the NRL is littered with cases like this, we have refs who ref the teams at the bottom of the comp different to the teams at the top, we have a judiciary system that protect the elite and crucify the joe blows. People wonder why the NRL lacks credibility. In a word its a JOKE

If this had been a non SOO first grade player then they would have been chastised and hung out to dry..

The judiciary are hypocrites...

wtf?:crazy: so its a headbutt if slater got suspended?
watch the incidents again slater doesnt make contact...are we going to suspend people for swinging arms which miss now?

Whether he made contact is a matter of opinion.

In my opinion, he did make contact - about the same force as the contact Hayne's head put on his melon = Sweet FA.

The only difference between Hayne and Slater, is that Hayne intended minimal contact, while Slater cocked his arm with everything he had: its just his execution was sh*thouse - Cooper Cronk wore more of it than Hayne did.

For mine, they were both guilty of striking, so I am happy with consistency that one does not suffer a different fate to the other.

One Warrior

Bench
So now its ok to swear at the refs, headbutt, and use swinging elbows with intent. Any of these and it was a Kiwi before a test match etc and they'd be gone for 6 weeks.

Eels Dude

Coach
Let's look on the brighter side... Hayne v Slater next week. Could be the most fired up origin we've had this decade. Bring back the biff, having them both line up next makes it realistic.

Win-win situation for the Raiders. Would love Dugan to play for NSW, but I would hate for them to lose (likely) and him becoming a scapegoat which so often happens with Canberra players.

Latest posts