What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

mxlegend99

Referee
Thurston escaping charge, Slater also.. Hayne gettin off. Which i think he was always goin to get off. The NRL have gone easy on there rep players around origin time.

This is a good thing. Maybe the days when the big name players miss the big games are at a end.. isnt this what weve always wanted?
It's not going easy on rep players. Just the superstars/media darlings.

Atleast they've proven it has nothing to do with QLD/NSW. It's pretty much your profile in the media that determines the outcome.

Eels Dude

Coach
Be interested to see the full explanations. Didn't see the Lewis incident so can't comment. Hayne should probably have been found guilty under the laws they have, I say that as an Eels and Blues supporter. But fair dinkum it was soft... it was a niggling thing between him and Slater all game. In the rules he should have been suspended, but in common sense, we need to stop letting our sport getting so soft to the point wher players miss origin games from a slight forehead bump. Our game thrives on agression. Take it all out and we'll have a game where players wear tight shorts and run around like pansies afgraid to touch each other... a la AFL.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Calm down Skeepe. Sanity finally prevailed. It wasn't even a headbutt. I bet you wouldn't have said anything if they didn't mention Dugan in the original 21-man squad ;-)

greeneyed

First Grade
Last year, Daniel Vidot lifted a knee in a scuffle with some Newcastle nuffie, when he was attacked by said Newcastle nuffie and had a flurry of punches thrown at him, and no contact with the knee. Suspended.

Jarryd Hayne headbuts someone and it is let off?

The judiciary is a complete and utter joke. I fully expected it, however.

Raider Azz

Bench
LOL @ Dugan,total lemon compared to King Hayne,f**k off Dugan fanboys.

You're a moron, if you could read you'd see that most of us are glad and unsuprised hayne got off, because he now means dugan is no where near that train wreck of a nsw side :D

Hutchy86

Juniors
Thurston escaping charge, Slater also.. Hayne gettin off. Which i think he was always goin to get off. The NRL have gone easy on there rep players around origin time.

This is a good thing. Maybe the days when the big name players miss the big games are at a end.. isnt this what weve always wanted?
who are you and what have you done with simostorm?

greeneyed

First Grade
I'll also add the match review panel didn't even charge Slater for an elbow which didn't connect. But Vidot was suspended for "intent" in similar fashion. Double standards all round from the NRL.

Bazal

Post Whore
Fair decision, given Slater wasn't even cited for a malicious and deliberate elbow or deliberately attacking Hayne with his knees...no surprise to see this thread from a paranoid jealous schizophrenic like old skeepey though, lol

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jarryd Hayne headbuts someone and it is let off?

A headbutt smashes your nose all over your face and gives you concussion. It at least breaks the skin. f**k, there was a doco a couple of weeks ago where a cop ended up in a wheelchair because some piece of sh*t headbutted him in the back of the head.

Hayne's bump on Slater was no headbutt. If it was Billy would be in doubt from facial injuries - have you seen the size of Hayne's head?

greeneyed

First Grade
Lewis got suspended? Harsh. Particularly when you consider Nathan Friend wasn't even charged for a far worse, almost deliberate spear tackle.

Disgraceful no charge on the Titans... but of course, that wouldn't happen, it's the Titans.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'll also add the match review panel didn't even charge Slater for an elbow which didn't connect. But Vidot was suspended for "intent" in similar fashion. Double standards all round from the NRL.

Your username sums up your post.

greeneyed

First Grade
A headbutt smashes your nose all over your face and gives you concussion. It at least breaks the skin. f**k, there was a doco a couple of weeks ago where a cop ended up in a wheelchair because some piece of sh*t headbutted him in the back of the head.

Hayne's bump on Slater was no headbutt. If it was Billy would be in doubt from facial injuries - have you seen the size of Hayne's head?

Intent was the point of my post, you obviously have missed it. Vidot suspended last year for a lifted knee which didn't even connect. Hayne let off for a headbut that DID connect. It actually doesn't matter if it just caused Billy Slater a headache but didn't draw blood. It was an intentional headbut.

Latest posts