What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hegarty Released

Dave Q

Coach
No probs SSU and you real hegs-haters, you are allowed to have your opinion and I wont hold it against you ( unlike those wrinkled trolls today).

The campaign for Hegs has reached a bitter climax.

The vermillion and myrtle have lost a bit of their brightness.

When Im over the initial loss, I think we should have a Hegs tribute thread and ask Sugar to make it a sticky.

Lus own sugar is one of the reasons Hegs came to Souths, I am truly sorry that he has lost the faith.

Hegs gave Souths the best years of his life, we should never forget that.

And that 200m+ against Manly was breathtaking.

I remember most of the lads here dumping on him for ages and by round 4, they were seeing things our way and keeping their chins on their chests as they posted past us.

These were the glory days of Hegs, his final hurrah and geez I appreciated the fact that at least one player was standing up for Souths.

This is terrible AM.

One of the worst days of my life.

joe9x

Juniors
No offence boys but the cardinal and myrtle has never looked stronger since readmission. I hope there is a bit of tongue in cheek involved. Bring on RTR and Round 1.

Up the Rabbitohs!!!!!!

rabs

Staff member
a great move by management, let's hope it freed up some cash
Hegarty was one of the worst exponents of coming off his wing unnecessarily I have ever seen in the game - schoolboy stuff and I'm glad he's gone

it should be done in the easts forum since everything good he ever achieved was with us :D

how could you kill hegarty's career like that? we handed over a rep player and you turned him into paul carige

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
No offence boys but the cardinal and myrtle has never looked stronger since readmission. I hope there is a bit of tongue in cheek involved. Bring on RTR and Round 1.

Up the Rabbitohs!!!!!!

i agree. we have a top 8 line up with money under the cap to spare

Dave Q

Coach
it should be done in the easts forum since everything good he ever achieved was with us :D

how could you kill hegarty's career like that? we handed over a rep player and you turned him into paul carige

Thats a bit like turning up to wake and cracking jokes Toney. Far too early mate.

Kindly show some respect for those of us grieving.

Hegs wasnt heavy, he was our brother.

Theres a lot of soul searching to be done, I hope he finds himself. I know AM and I feel a bit lost now, a touch out of sorts, this is going to be a hard day.

Q,

In times like these, please know that your true friends and true Rugby League supporters are thinking of you and hoping that you are ok.
Because even though we all support different teams and our ideas and opinions often differ, in the end we are all slaves to the one God. Rugby League.

Bubbles

Thats a bit like turning up to wake and cracking jokes Toney. Far too early mate.

Theres a lot of soul searching to be done, I hope he finds himself. I know AM and I feel a bit lost now, a touch out of sorts, this is going to be a hard day.

you think you're the only one grieving? ... i've been grieving for 4 years now ... to me this is putting the situation of it's misery

hegarty was great :(

Nemesis

Bench

Hegs was great from 2000 to 2003, but was far from a rep player when he left you guys. After having a very ordinary 2004 due to injury and poor form, the Roosters let him go.

seemed like he thought his spot was guaranteed and the good form would always be there ... didn't seem dedicated enough for the most part

a shame how someone could go so far down .. at the least he should have been a solid first grader

adamkungl

Immortal
Hegs was great from 2000 to 2003, but was far from a rep player when he left you guys. After having a very ordinary 2004 due to injury and poor form, the Roosters let him go.

Sounds about right. I wasn't exactly sad to see the back of him by the time he left, he was playing pretty poor football.

Godz Illa

Coach
My first impression is that Souths are either making cap room to upgrade Isaac, or making an offer to Steve Turner. Which is it, insiders?