What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go.......again.

The visit by Gal, Pom and Morris sounds like the act of some very worried and desperate people if it occurred as reported. Maybe they were worried that Elkins evidence might contradict their own, which could land them in even greater shit if they were found to have lied to the ACC and ASADA.

Either that, or some very innocent and pissed off players who were filthy at their club being tarnished.

Frailty

First Grade
The visit by Gal, Pom and Morris sounds like the act of some very worried and desperate people if it occurred as reported. Maybe they were worried that Elkins evidence might contradict their own, which could land them in even greater shit if they were found to have lied to the ACC and ASADA.

You do know that the ACC isn't investigating anything anymore, right? And that they didn't interview anyone from sporting teams either, yeah?

I'm over all this media speculation crap. Let ASADA and the club do what they need to do and when either makes an actual statement with substance - then I will listen.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hopefully Elkin ends up in hospital & Gal & pomm are suspended for 4 weeks for common Assault.
I'll start off the fund for them to pay Elkins damages, which would be great if they are substantial. Im in for 50.

shaggs

Coach
Fox sports news added nothing. Russell and the fat host basically slammed the sharks for not having a CEO and said they would have a lot to answer for because they arent telling anyone anything.

Good on the sharks staff that are there. Keep your cards close.

Also interview Toovey. he reckons none of his players or himself have been contacted by ASADA. Lies.

Dane sorensen got interviewed. Lip service really. No added info

Either that, or some very innocent and pissed off players who were filthy at their club being tarnished.

What exactly do you Sharkies supporters think Elkin has to gain by making shit up? As a fan of the club that now employees him, I'd like to know if he's a vindictive bastard that we should be punting out of the club.

And I don't go in for the whole "he shouldn't have ratted out his mates" line. If he's told the truth about supposed dodgy practices, and players do down for it (be it at the Sharks or the Eels), so be it.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR
Substances don't have to be explicitly banned if they have the same effects as substances that ARE banned. It's in WADA regulations.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. Not sure I agree with it though

I think the idea is to list broad groups of substances instead of every individual substance because new drugs can get on the market quicker than the law can keep up with. Otherwise it would be relatively easy to make something that was very similar to the banned drug but wasn't listed.

A similar thing happened with 'legal weed' recently.

Fox sports news added nothing. Russell and the fat host basically slammed the sharks for not having a CEO and said they would have a lot to answer for because they arent telling anyone anything.

Good on the sharks staff that are there. Keep your cards close.

Also interview Toovey. he reckons none of his players or himself have been contacted by ASADA. Lies.

The fat host on Fox sports should be ashamed of themselves, why do the sharks need to be talking, ASADA if anyone needs to be the one doing interviews, the sharks need not to say anything.

For those who have read True Compass the bio of Edward Kennedy, the Kennedys were advised not to respond in the media as once you get involved in going back and forth it dosent end, so there is no need for us to come forward ASADA they need to be the ones either putting up or shutting up and fold.

GoatShark

Juniors
If any are guilty they should try the Cameron Smith and Melbourne cohorts defence when the salary cap issues were all aflame.

"We didn't know anything, it all came in a brown bag".

They seem to be squeaky clean now and they didn't have to suffer any bans either did they.

Eion

First Grade
Are you serious? It's hard to know who's taking the pizz with all this floating around.

I saw Dane in traffic earlier this week driving around in his builder ute, what the fugg would he know? Might get a PM, Eion to be interviewed.

shaggs

Coach
Are you serious? It's hard to know who's taking the pizz with all this floating around.

I saw Dane in traffic earlier this week driving around in his builder ute, what the fugg would he know? Might get a PM, Eion to be interviewed.

Yeah it was ridiculous. He had his builders shirt on and looked like he had just stepped of a site.

They prob staked his house out all day.

Straws and clutching come to mibd

Big man

Juniors
This is nothing more than an agency promoting its own existence, its quite disgraceful, if they had the evidence than why the circus, why the innuendo and delays. You must ask yourself the question what do these faceless people stand to gain, it's self preservation, there is a report at the moment on reducing and merging government commission and other government funded agencies in order meet budget cuts. All including PIC, ICAC, NCC, ACC and agencies like ASADA and alke, are under review, that's why we have seen a large number of very public circus like inquiries in NSW, they come out with serious allegations to kick start the media frenzy but through the inquiry have no incriminating evidence, nothing to prosecute with, it all ends up being circumstantial, and this is no different. It has to stop, good people and families are being destroyed because these bureaucrats, these faceless oxygen thieves want to secure their livelihoods, well what about the shark's players and their families, it makes me truly sick, it's very unAustralian.

Last edited: