What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go.......again.

Click2000

Juniors
Players have to hang tough and tell them to het pharked the longer this drags on the more ASAD look like morons.... Seriously though we're just the weak link they need a scalp and we're the easiest target plain and simple.....

Gee I hope there is a huge crowd on Sunday the boys need it and it would also send a big message......

newman

First Grade
The question remains, why are the only people who seem to be in danger of bans players (and more particularly sharks players) where just about every ex player, coach or reporter says that players take what they are told, when they are told and put their trust in club staff. Hell, over the last 24 hours both M Johns, Sheens and Bellamy all said that in their playin days they just inhaled every pill, shake or drink they were told, no questions asked.

Why isn't the heat coming down, hard, on people like Elkin and Danks? Wasn't the aim of the probe to rid sport of the involvement of organised crime?

This isn't like Lance Armstrong and you can argue that a 2 year ban to someone like Pom, Gal or Wade is worse than Lances lifetime ban. Lance had won his tours and made his money. He bullied, lied, bribed and doped blatantly. What have we done?

Click2000

Juniors
That's the thing it wasn't a planned drug ring where we won the comp, it was far from performance enhancing and I dare say half the other clubs were on the same thing!!!!

Elkins got Dank in Elkin should cop a 2 year ban not the poor players they just did what they were told!!! Then this jerk Elkin grasses them up!!! Unreal this just ain't right !!

Omnishark2

Juniors
Why isn't the heat coming down, hard, on people like Elkin and Danks?

Absolutely spot on Newman ... it's an absolute travesty of justice !!!

And where is the NRL in all this, they should be protecting the interests of the players, clubs & code. There is a middle ground where they can cooperate with ASADA, but still be firm in protecting the code (like the AFL do). Instead they are silent bystanders - not good enough. Time for the new NRL CEO to step up.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Add Locky to that list Newms.
He says in the paper today he happily ate/drank/swallowed whatever the club told him to.

newman

First Grade
That's it. I'm f**ken ringing Dave Smith. I've got his number. Don't ask me how, I've just got it.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Why isn't the heat coming down, hard, on people like Elkin and Danks? Wasn't the aim of the probe to rid sport of the involvement of organised crime?

Exactly.... why arent the newspapers braying for their blood?? Doesnt it sell newspapers as well as players blood??

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hmmm or did the doctor suspect something sus. Makes u wonder.

Why Cronulla first? And how did the news get out? I understand that they don't have the manpower to do all the clubs simultaneously, but it seems pretty tough on the club to have to be the scapegoat and carry the burden of all the subsequent investigations on other clubs, who could prove to be much worse culprits than us (if we were at all.)

.... and it should be, especially if he knew. Don't need people like that at Parra.

Getting rid of Elkin may not fix that.

SharkShocked

Bench
The question remains, why are the only people who seem to be in danger of bans players (and more particularly sharks players) where just about every ex player, coach or reporter says that players take what they are told, when they are told and put their trust in club staff. Hell, over the last 24 hours both M Johns, Sheens and Bellamy all said that in their playin days they just inhaled every pill, shake or drink they were told, no questions asked.

This isn't like Lance Armstrong and you can argue that a 2 year ban to someone like Pom, Gal or Wade is worse than Lances lifetime ban. Lance had won his tours and made his money. He bullied, lied, bribed and doped blatantly. What have we done?

Elkin rolls on players, players roll on dank.

Would be the only way they'd get Dank I would imagine.

Special K

Coach

Best post so far.

Last edited:

M2D2

Bench
Waking up to that contract extension for the guilty parties has eliminated any hope of this just blowing over without us taking a shit tonne of damage.
I guess i can never be truly excited for a Sharks Season.

Weaponhead

Coach
Elkin rolls on players, players roll on dank.

Would be the only way they'd get Dank I would imagine.

This.

Asada needs to show some progress here or risk being shown up as incompetent. They need to get Dank and need more evidence to do it. Elkin is the start and they are trying to push the players to do the same.

coolumsharkie

Referee
That's it. I'm f**ken ringing Dave Smith. I've got his number. Don't ask me how, I've just got it.

David Shmit said:
As I have said from day one, the NRL is taking the ASADA investigation very seriously. It's an investigation that must be allowed to run its course and it's inappropriate for us to enter into speculation about what may be taking place. "Let me make it very clear, however, the absolute majority of our players - the absolute majority - are doing the right thing."

:roll: :roll:

Soft c**k.

Generalzod

Immortal
This ASADA mob has found the weakest club to blackmail..What has happened to investigating the likes of Penrith, Manly, Canberra Cowboys, It seems ASADA has forgotten about them.

The club needs to tell ASADA to F**k off, you want us come get us we did nothing wrong.

We need to do a interview Melbourne style, when Bellyache walked the players onto the field, have Flanno and Gallen do that and say no way are they backing down, thank all the supporters for sticking by us, ensure they thank media outlets like 2GB Ray & AJ, who have stick up for us and the Premier, becuase at the moment the supporters of other clubs well most of them who love the game are getting behind us, they see what ASADA are trying to do.

Of all times the club needs to find the backbone to stare ASADA down and say you want a fight you have one, and the Sharks will find they have more support then they ever believed, because you can bet straight away the remaining clubs named will back the sharks, Essendon and the AFL will back the sharks we will get help from people we never dreamed, but we must stare down ASADA tell bring it on, tell everyone to wear sharks gear.

Then fundraise special gear for sale anti ASADA so we have the lawyers to fight these guys.

webShark

Waking up to that contract extension for the guilty parties has eliminated any hope of this just blowing over without us taking a shit tonne of damage.
I guess i can never be truly excited for a Sharks Season.

Agree. Could only happen to us. Extensions for players who may be banned. Some of them we wouldn't want in normal circumstances. Well bang goes JT.i didnt see us as high as some but even if clean playing under this pressure will take its toll. Unless we take voluntary bans etc or get banned by ASADA this wont die down. Will affect all 3 grades, future recruitment and retention. How long before Flanno's position questioned? Surely the coach has to know or be responsible for what is going on. He must control sports scientists etc. Givney to come under scrutiny for not reporting Danks to the NRL. Soap opera to run all year. Poor Flanno and the players hung out to dry. Like others have said we are first targetted as the obvious weak link. We will chew up thousands in legal fees. ASADA will be careful not to leave themselves open for a law case. Thats why no-one has been named. Will affect the crowd for sure. We cant fill the place for a game on a public holiday with good weather when playing well.i predict about 13k.