What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go.......again.

Windy70

Juniors
Look what has happened to us with our short exposure to Dank. Manly had him for years. Gonna be interesting when they get to them.

edit spellun.

Special K

Coach
Ok so I got a call back from a bristling NRL Media Manager John Brady (admittedly I had sent him an un-named nasty text, so fair play to him for calling back).

I can't post what he said here due to forum guidelines other than say he shares many of our frustrations with the ASADA process and the NRL most certainly hasn't left the sharks out to dry on their own.

Newman - I'm buying you beers when I see you.

thanks newman

btw

whats going on with the chairman? i understand he is overseas and all but yeah.

he hasnt been on twitter since like march 3

husky65

Juniors
You can dress it up as you like. You so much as talk about what you discussed with the ACC and they may throw you in gaol.

They are targeting illegal activity. The information "available to date" is whatever they chose to share. This is because they have a lot of power.

They can force them not to talk though. This is very significant. They are clearly investigating whether they have been involved in serious and organised crime.

There is NO allegation of criminality, just sporting codes may have been infringed, the peptides alleged to have been used were not even banned at the time and there is no suggestion of organized crime involvement.

ACC has no coercive ability in this case.

Show where any crime is alleged in this case or STFU.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
This ASADA mob has found the weakest club to blackmail..What has happened to investigating the likes of Penrith, Manly, Canberra Cowboys, It seems ASADA has forgotten about them.

No, they haven't. The conspiracy theories and paranoia are inappropriate and over emotive. Elkin whistleblew on the Sharks. The rest followed. They'll get to them in a logical progression.

I understand the frustrations of supporters and after 40+ years I understand the feeling of oppression. Doesn't change the notion that putting the world in coventry is a good way to go. Tell no one anything. Sign nothing. Agree to nothing. Don't speculate and give the media and other trolls anything at all to hang their hats on.

Unless it's somerhing like this.

Where is Taulima Tautai now and where was he in 2011? Have they missed the naming of a club?

Poss

Juniors
Will be reading Gallen's article in the Sunday Tele with interest this weekend.
Wonder what it will be about

Omnishark2

Juniors
Ok so I got a call back from a bristling NRL Media Manager John Brady (admittedly I had sent him an un-named nasty text, so fair play to him for calling back).

I can't post what he said here due to forum guidelines other than say he shares many of our frustrations with the ASADA process and the NRL most certainly hasn't left the sharks out to dry on their own.

Great work as always Newman !

But I wish Smith & the NRL lawyers could be a bit stronger in their public statements of support ... instead of just repeating what they said after the original press conference.

Poss

Juniors
Titans weren't in the 6 named either.

Is Grant Millington still playing with the Dogs?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
thanks newman

btw

whats going on with the chairman? i understand he is overseas and all but yeah.

he hasnt been on twitter since like march 3
Must be due back before the first game. Just wonder if DI had been around and making some statements to satisfy the media vultures whether this inuendo would have snowballed to the same extent. Also thinking no Elkin....No Dank....No problem. Amazed that Elkin will get off scott free by dogging on his ex-collegues. Surely if he has so much knowledge that implicates the players he was fully aware of the situation as it was happening. Pretty farrked up whatever way you look at it. Tipping a big crowd on Sunday night to support the team/club.

runatme

Bench
No, they haven't. The conspiracy theories and paranoia are inappropriate and over emotive. Elkin whistleblew on the Sharks. The rest followed. They'll get to them in a logical progression.

I understand the frustrations of supporters and after 40+ years I understand the feeling of oppression. Doesn't change the notion that putting the world in coventry is a good way to go. Tell no one anything. Sign nothing. Agree to nothing. Don't speculate and give the media and other trolls anything at all to hang their hats on.

Unless it's somerhing like this.

Where is Taulima Tautai now and where was he in 2011? Have they missed the naming of a club?

speaking of tautai i am 99% sure i saw him at ingleburn yesterday almost smash into a a parked car

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The club did not sanction the nature of the supplement program set up by Danks & Elkin, and Danks was terminated as soon as the club did become aware of it.

So suggesting that Flanagan or Givney should come under scrutiny is ridiculous - they are the ones that protected us from Danks as soon as they became aware - they both deserve a medal !!

This is where people have to be careful. I don't believe the club even knew about the "supplement program".

Givney was sus of Dank because of bruises the players got from taking warfarin. That's why he was booted.

webShark

Onya Newman

This investigation doesn't start and end with us. Manly will have their day in the sun.

I dont give a $)(; what happens to Manly. Its us I'm concerned about. If we are ruined it will be no consolation if Manly are too. We probably got Danks cos Manly won a comp when he was there. We will probably fess up get hammered then watch the 5 other clubs legal up and get off. This is the price we are paying for running on a shoestring. Its not fair but its fact. Any sports club with money would get rid of ASADA cos they have nothing without the cooperation of the club. Can you imagine Kobe Bryant going to the home of the Lakers conditioner. Doubt we can afford decent legal advice. Already we seem worried the players have a case against us. I was worried from day one. Bennett, Gould and Henry all said straight away they had nothing to hide. We like Manly said nothing. Maybe cos we haven't even got a spokesperson. Poor Flanno

Latest posts