What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilder gone

With Hilder on $120K a year now and offered $60K next year, he's bound to leave the club.

Pay cut or no pay cut, why would he stay?

Hilder used to be Mr Reliable. Stuart Raper has cast him differently - he's still Mr Reliable but he's now Mr Reliable Scapegoat.

RgSharks

Juniors
I really wouldn't blame him for not taking the pay cut. It disgusting how the club is treating a local junior. If it's not team selections, it's amount of time on the field and having a hack like scott getting in the 1st 17 week in week out over him. Getting dropped this week would have to be the final straw. He really doesn't deserve the treatment he has recieved this year. Would love for him to stay, but I don't blame him if he leaves.

I wouldnt play footy for $60K a year - that's about average pay.

Not much at all for a full time professional who has to put his body on the line in the toughest game of all.

And that's beside the insult. The minimum pay for a player is $55K now, is Hilder only worth $5,000 extra? What a joke!

Going back to dread's point about CEO accountability, I think this one is on Pierce's head.

BWNB

First Grade
There are players in our team that are on $120K a year that arn't even worth $60K. Hilder is worth more than $60K a year, he hasn't done much wrong this year and gets dropped ahead of Scott, Beats me.

Bundy

Juniors
King of the Hill said:
With Hilder on $120K a year now and offered $60K next year, he's bound to leave the club.

Where did your info come from? Is the source reliable? I ask because I have very different info. Still involves a pay cut but not that drastic. IMO he doesn't deserve to be dropped. I assume that the amount of time he has spent in PL and number of times he has been promoted then dropped has had an effect on what he's been offered. Another side effect of our Coach's strange selections.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
RgSharks said:
I'm close friends with him.

Well tell him to get his manager to call carty.
They have 3-4 spots left to fill & whilst not directly looking for ay particular player, they are looking for utilities with a broad skill base who can play many positions. They're preference is however for outside back utility.
But his ability to snap off 50 metres from dummy half kicks or 40/20's could be a big selling point.
I think they are also keeping an eye on another current player of ours for that role.

sharky1973

Juniors
We have too many players like Hilder in the squad. He's a reliable bench player but nothing special. Yes it's good to have one or two players like him but not a whole heap of them. He's not going to win you games.

We never seem to have gun young players coming through the grades like other clubs. Our recruitment is horrible.

Macca

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Well tell him to get his manager to call carty.
They have 3-4 spots left to fill & whilst not directly looking for ay particular player, they are looking for utilities with a broad skill base who can play many positions. They're preference is however for outside back utility.
But his ability to snap off 50 metres from dummy half kicks or 40/20's could be a big selling point.
I think they are also keeping an eye on another current player of ours for that role.

You want Hilder to leave the Sharks?

RgSharks said:
Hilder is on more than $120k this year. He was offered more than $60k.

Rg Sharks,

Thankyou for bringing some truth to the usual bullsh!t posted on this forum.

Hilder is a real workhorse in defence but ever since he was told to bulk up with more weight I think he has lost that edge in attack.

At his lighter weight he was scoring plenty of trys.

His utility value has hurt him.

He's definately not a hooker, his best position is lock forward but there's alot of competition for that position in the pack.

He should be in our 17 instead of Beau Scott.

Latest posts