What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

I might pop into the Dragons forum to see how many of them are actually going to turn up to this one.
The Gongs a fair way to travel for a Sunday night.

natheel

Coach
Can someone help me? In the article it says the people who got tickets for the game before it sold out will get similar seats. I've got non-alcohol seats in the southern stand. It GA and i don't have specific seat numbers....any idea what would happen? would i just probably be up in the nosebleeds in the southern stand?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wonderful news. It may be disappointing for season ticket holders and those who've already got tickets but think of the bigger picture.

Why would it be disappointing for them? Because they can't laugh at all the people who missed out?

Their tears nourish me.

Not happy about this at all, Parra stadium is our spiritual home, it's where Hindy and Burt have played their home games all their career and now all of a sudden there playing there last ever match at ANZ, Unless there's 80,000 people its going to be a horrible atmosphere.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Disgraceful how this h
whole thing has been handled.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yep, but it won't turn into a sustainable income stream for the club or encourage ticketed membership in the slightest.

Managing to have just one sold out home game out of twelve in a season can do wonders for encouraging a culture of ticketed membership, to the point where your home ground can go on to become a true fortress and be sold out for every home game (see English Premier League for a good example of how this can work in practice).

I hope this milestone Sunday night game at a neutral ground between two non-finals teams now does get the crowd numbers and atmosphere it deserves....

Why do you constantly bleat on about things you know nothing about?

We've already had a sold out game at Parra stadium this year.
Against the Tigers.
We had one sold out game last season. Against the Tigers.
We had one sold out game the season before. Against the Tigers.

I'll let you continue the story from there.

Since that was the premise behind your argument, you should now be thrilled that this game is being played at ANZ? Yes?

Oh right, I forgot, you're just a small and selfish goose.

oldmancraigy

Coach
This has completely f**ked all of my and the rest of my group's plans up.
We were going to make a big day of it out at Parra - stop in at Peter Wynn's, visit a couple of local pubs, feed at the chinese resteraunt, few more beers at the Leagues Club then we get to watch two of our favourite sons go out on their home turf in our regular seats.
My seats at ANZ are nowhere near as good as the ones at Parramatta.
The parking there is also more expensive.

I hope the Eels have some sort of compensation ready for me...because I'm bloody well going to demand it.

Completely agree with your pain.

This whole exercise has been a shambles. Why they EVER agreed to play it at Parra stadium is beyond me - bad decision which has thankfully been fixed, but it's put people out (especially with the change of time to boot!)

theicemandanno

Juniors
Mate I reckon the club should put it's balls out and prove the move was not financially based....provide season ticket holders with free parking on the night

oldmancraigy

Coach
Mate I reckon the club should put it's balls out and prove the move was not financially based....provide season ticket holders with free parking on the night

What is the problem with the move being financially based?!?!?
Wasn't that the reason they agreed to play at Parra in the first place?

It was always going to be ANZ except for the $100k thing. So despite what you think, the Parra stadium option was always about the ca$h.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sanity finally prevails, now all I have to do us get next sun off and fly down as he back by work on mon at 6am :crazy: Shame this wasn't decided earlier.

Gronk

Staff member
What a shambles. Switch it to 3:00pm kickoff and I will forgive them.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Casual fans attending Hindy and Burt's last game suddenly find themselves part of the club's history ("I was there when...")

There is a great opportunity to get people hooked on the club through an event like this, and as we know, pandering to new customers is always better business than satisfying the ones you've already got. Anybody who is 'brand loyal' - as in the case of sports fans - is far from a rational consumer. It takes a lot of abuse to lose those customers; this is proven by the fact that they spend hours of their lives whingeing rather than take their business elsewhere (i.e. abandon their team).

It would have made better business sense for thousands more Parra fans to be able to say "I was there when Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt played their last game at Parramatta Stadium".:crazy:
It would also have been more respectful for not only the fans that were there but also Hindmarsh and Burt to have known it was their last game there too. :x
If we didn't have such an inept administration, or at least one that cared about our fans and our players, this is exactly what would have happened. I am not outraged by the last round being played at ANZ as much as I find it outrageous that our club could not organise this in a professional and timely manner and stick to a decision once it had been announced.
Changing such a big event with only 10 days notice after tens of thousands of our fans have already made plans (including those who thought they had missed out) speaks volumes about where our fans are on our clubs list of priorities. Once again the message is loud and clear - our club don't put our fans first.

mrt_spec

Juniors
Are these people fscking kidding me?

Surely this is a joke?

I was 50/50 on attending the "last" game at Parra stadium because of family commitments, I would have gone if I knew it was Hindy and Burts last home game.

ANZ isn't home, it's for fake teams who don't have a real home.

It's shit to get to, shit to get from, shit to watch games at, oh but the food is "good" - zif you would eat teh food at a game anyway.

mrt_spec

Juniors
It would have made better business sense for thousands more Parra fans to be able to say "I was there when Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt played their last game at Parramatta Stadium".:crazy:
It would also have been more respectful for not only the fans that were there but also Hindmarsh and Burt to have known it was their last game there too. :x
If we didn't have such an inept administration, or at least one that cared about our fans and our players, this is exactly what would have happened. I am not outraged by the last round being played at ANZ as much as I find it outrageous that our club could not organise this in a professional and timely manner and stick to a decision once it had been announced.
Changing such a big event with only 10 days notice after tens of thousands of our fans have already made plans (including those who thought they had missed out) speaks volumes about where our fans are on our clubs list of priorities. Once again the message is loud and clear - our club don't put our fans first.

They have stolen a home game away from us.

Not just any home game, two of our best players last home game.

Disgusting..

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Casual fans attending Hindy and Burt's last game suddenly find themselves part of the club's history ("I was there when...")

There is a great opportunity to get people hooked on the club through an event like this, and as we know, pandering to new customers is always better business than satisfying the ones you've already got. Anybody who is 'brand loyal' - as in the case of sports fans - is far from a rational consumer. It takes a lot of abuse to lose those customers; this is proven by the fact that they spend hours of their lives whingeing rather than take their business elsewhere (i.e. abandon their team).

While this is true, I disagree that allowing them to see this game is the best way to build the club. If that was so, where are all the people who attended the games at the end of the 09 run? The 50,000 who attended the preliminary against the Cowboys in 05? etc etc

Our club needs to have a long-term strategy about the atmosphere and culture it is trying to build in our fan base. They need to articulate what the club is and why people should be members when we aren't winning. I don't see this. Just like our coaching appointments, I see short term, reactionary decisions. If they could align this decision with a long-term goal, and articulate that to members from the outset, then I could accept it.

As it stands, it looks to me like a horrible f**king decision, made even worse by how late it's been decided.

Yes, I am saying the decision is horrible because I don't like it personally, but - as per reasons above - I also think it's an extremely short-sighted decision.

In my eyes - and maybe I'm wrong but the club hasn't articulated any vision so we can all fill the void with our own ideas of what they should do in these situations - the way that you build up your season ticket holders (or any product) is to create demand.

The way that you create demand in this instance is by giving your season ticket holders some advantages over other fans. And I'm not talking about f**king yellow hats.

In English football, for example, they reckon that a team like Wigan sell so many season tickets because people want to watch Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, when they come to town. Don't have a season ticket and you miss seeing the great players. What is Parramatta offering to its season ticket holders? If a whole bunch of people turn up to Hindy's last game what is making them come to the first game next year?

If people who don't buy season tickets for Parra miss out on the big games then they might think seriously about getting season tickets. Without a stated strategy for what our club is and what our members get, the likelihood of picking up new members from this one game is low, so the point that they can say "I was there" means little.

I'm sure I'll get responses from a bunch of mums and dads saying they can't afford season tickets and they have the right to see off Hindy and Burt like everyone else, but this game took AGES to sell out. If you really wanted to see Hindy and Burt you could have got off your arses weeks ago and bought tickets - like I did for my own dad, aunty and friends. If I had missed out on getting those tickets like you then I would have considered that MY OWN FAULT. First, for not having a season ticket, and second, for being too slow to buy the tickets.

Once again our club lurches from experience to experience with no defining idea of where we are going and how we're going to get there.

Latest posts