What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

bartman

Immortal
Why do you constantly bleat on about things you know nothing about?

We've already had a sold out game at Parra stadium this year.
Against the Tigers.
We had one sold out game last season. Against the Tigers.
We had one sold out game the season before. Against the Tigers.

I'll let you continue the story from there.
Thanks.

Parra Stadium capacity = 21,487
Crowd figure against the Tigers this year = 19,654 (therefore not a sell out)

Kindly keep your personal insults and poor logic to yourself.

bartman

Immortal
Bitch you ain't going nowheres.

You'll be back next year.
I'm glad you're more sure of that than me :lol:.

What's the incentive after 27 years of holding season tickets to not now drop back my contribution to the club and cherry pick better seats to a couple of key games per season, one played at sensible timeslots/locations that better suit my lifestyle? Certainly not the pack of shite member goodies they send out in the post before the first game...

The Colonel

Immortal
Thanks.

Actually the stadium capacity has changed since then and sits just below 20,000. Has done for a while due to seating configuration changes. If you had of walked up to the ground to get tickets that night you would have been turned away as many in fact were as it was officially sold out

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Bitch you ain't going nowheres.

You'll be back next year.

Very true.

There are also fans who won't ever buy season tickets or contribute any decent amount of income to the club.

Then there are the borderline season ticket holders. What has the club done to encourage them to truly get on board?

This decision has the potential to turn them off as much as anything else. I know at least two people who have considered season tickets, but the ANZ games are a turn-off. The fact that more games could randomly go there is another reason for them not to sign up.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Thanks.

Oops.

The Tigers games have been sold out the last three years.

Crowds 19654, 19654 and 19854 (back in 2010). Therefore capacity = 19654 currently (reduced a further 200 since 2010 due to advertising etc).
Please do some research before insulting people.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Very true.

There are also fans who won't ever buy season tickets or contribute any decent amount of income to the club.

Then there are the borderline season ticket holders. What has the club done to encourage them to truly get on board?

This decision has the potential to turn them off as much as anything else. I know at least two people who have considered season tickets, but the ANZ games are a turn-off. The fact that more games could randomly go there is another reason for them not to sign up.

Don't worry chicken little, the sky isn't falling.

They'll get a helluva lot more people to a farewell game for 2 long serving clubmen. Can't see why you think this is a bad thing?

The only thing that went wrong in this whole scenario was the decision to play at Parra stadium (which lasted all of a few weeks)

Gronk

Staff member
It just wouldn't be Parra without somebody having a whinge

So clearly you think they have handled the matter of Hindy & Luke's last game before retirement professionally ? That anyone he has anything negative to say about the way it was handled has zero merit ?

#bethewontgiveanhonestanswer

Kornstar

Coach
Meh, how far is ANZ from Parra?

So much easier to get in and out of, great facilities and the chance of a bigger crowd......where's the negatives?

Suitman

Post Whore
Thanks.

I turned up to this years Tigers game and the only seats left for Jumpsuit and I were GA at the southern end. They told me there were about 200 tickets left when I purchased and there were more than that in the queue behind me.
It was a sellout Bart. Like it or not.
We have the lowest capacity ground in the NRL. Of course we should take bigger games that are going to out draw the stadiums capacity elsewhere. It's just common business sense.

Suity

Springs

First Grade
Oh for Christ's sake.

There wouldn't have been a problem moving it to ANZ if they said it two f**king weeks ago when they said it will be at Parramatta! Hindmarsh and Burt deserve better than this. If it was announced a few weeks ago then we could have had a celebration for their last game at Parramatta Stadium. It would have been nice if Hindmarsh and Burt actually knew it was their last game there as well.

mickdo

Coach
So clearly you think they have handled the matter of Hindy & Luke's last game before retirement professionally ? That anyone he has anything negative to say about the way it was handled has zero merit ?

#bethewontgiveanhonestanswer

It wasn't perfect, but it certainly doesn't warrant the sky is falling rants going on in here. This has been mooted for some time, and obviously there were logistical issues to sort out.

#guessiwonthebetsowhatdoiwin

strider

Post Whore
Actually the stadium capacity has changed since then and sits just below 20,000. Has done for a while due to seating configuration changes. If you had of walked up to the ground to get tickets that night you would have been turned away as many in fact were as it was officially sold out

True this .... I remember seeing alot of unhappy tigers fans walking the opposite direction that night when I was walking to the game

emjaycee

Coach
Meh, how far is ANZ from Parra?

So much easier to get in and out of, great facilities and the chance of a bigger crowd......where's the negatives?

I will be there rain, hail or shine but I would have regardless of whether it was the last home game for Hindmarsh and Burt because I am a supporter.

Having said that, the following comes to mind as reasons this should of/could of been sorted earlier:
- I now have to find and pay for parking or use public transport which adds an hour each way;
- I now have to again change my fathers day plans (time and location change);
- I better get the exact same Homebush seats that are printed on my Season Ticket pass;
- I am not happy if as repored "all NRL Members get free access" and I get moved to seats other than the ones I pay for (I will want $ back)

So as far as negatives go, there are a few - not insurmountable for me, but sufficient to understand why people are upset.

carson

Juniors
Was originally going to fly over from Perth for the game...when I saw it was sold out I used the money I had put aside to buy Hindy's jersey from the chooks game...kinda stuffed myself now as I don't have the money to see the game now!!!

The problem here is that this is an emotional debate. Logically, we all want to get what is best for the players and the club. But Emotionally some believe the best is to go out at our "Spiritual" Home.

Back in 2006 I raised the possibility of moving out of Parramatta Stadium, purely to see what sort of response we would get. It was all about emotion, and a fair whack of suspicion about the previous administration not being able to generate sponsorship out of our situation.

At least at ANZ Stadium I know I am going to get packing, sure it might be double or $4 more (depending on where I park for game day) than what I normally pay.
With all that being said, the club is promoting this on FB as a chance to get over 50K people in the gate, so any talk of atmosphere might disappear with those numbers in attendance.

I often find it funny, Atmosphere for league people is based on Empty seats, if there are empty seats there can't be any atmosphere. Then again I was at the Beldisloe last weekend, talk about a lack of atmosphere, 70K + people watching virtually mute because of the performance.

Gronk

Staff member
The problem here is that this is an emotional debate. Logically, we all want to get what is best for the players and the club. But Emotionally some believe the best is to go out at our "Spiritual" Home.

Back in 2006 I raised the possibility of moving out of Parramatta Stadium, purely to see what sort of response we would get. It was all about emotion, and a fair whack of suspicion about the previous administration not being able to generate sponsorship out of our situation.

At least at ANZ Stadium I know I am going to get packing, sure it might be double or $4 more (depending on where I park for game day) than what I normally pay.
With all that being said, the club is promoting this on FB as a chance to get over 50K people in the gate, so any talk of atmosphere might disappear with those numbers in attendance.

I often find it funny, Atmosphere for league people is based on Empty seats, if there are empty seats there can't be any atmosphere. Then again I was at the Beldisloe last weekend, talk about a lack of atmosphere, 70K + people watching virtually mute because of the performance.

This is where they have stuffed it. If they wanted it at ANZ then they should have been pushing this months ago. By now they would have been close to 50,000 and then the NRL/ANZ could have declared it a "special event" which means that the trains operate direct (instead of changing at Lidcombe). That would then encourage even more to attend.

#amateurhour

Suitman

Post Whore
This is where they have stuffed it. If they wanted it at ANZ then they should have been pushing this months ago. By now they would have been close to 50,000 and then the NRL/ANZ could have declared it a "special event" which means that the trains operate direct (instead of changing at Lidcombe). That would then encourage even more to attend.

#amateurhour

I don't think we should downplay the Trust's part in this. They were the one's making it difficult for us to move the game in the first place, when we wanted to.

Suity

Latest posts