What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

Eels Dude

Coach
Oh well, if it keeps the transient uncommitted masses happy then who are we mere ticketed members of the club to feel disappointed... :crazy:.

I just realised when texting my dad this news, that whenever I refer to games at homebush, I automatically refer to it as "f**king homebush" :lol:.

I prefer home games at Parramatta too, but that's a bit of narrow minded thinking. There would be a lot of committed non ticketed members who missed out on tickets, as well other fans who may not be members at all but still rock up to most games, and those that simply can't afford season tickets or cannot attend enough games to make them worthwhile that will now be able to attend such a milestone game.

Joely01

Bench
Don't agree with this.
ANZ unless sold out, is never a good atmosphere, parra sold out would have been a much better option.
So Hindy and Burt played there last game at parra already, I'm pretty sure they would have liked to have known that that would have been the case so they could have soaked it up a bit better.

bartman

Immortal
I prefer home games at Parramatta too, but that's a bit of narrow minded thinking. There would be a lot of committed non ticketed members who missed out on tickets, as well other fans who may not be members at all but still rock up to most games, and those that simply can't afford season tickets or cannot attend enough games to make them worthwhile that will now be able to attend such a milestone game.
Yep, but it won't turn into a sustainable income stream for the club or encourage ticketed membership in the slightest.

Managing to have just one sold out home game out of twelve in a season can do wonders for encouraging a culture of ticketed membership, to the point where your home ground can go on to become a true fortress and be sold out for every home game (see English Premier League for a good example of how this can work in practice).

I hope this milestone Sunday night game at a neutral ground between two non-finals teams now does get the crowd numbers and atmosphere it deserves....

This has completely f**ked all of my and the rest of my group's plans up.
We were going to make a big day of it out at Parra - stop in at Peter Wynn's, visit a couple of local pubs, feed at the chinese resteraunt, few more beers at the Leagues Club then we get to watch two of our favourite sons go out on their home turf in our regular seats.
My seats at ANZ are nowhere near as good as the ones at Parramatta.
The parking there is also more expensive.

I hope the Eels have some sort of compensation ready for me...because I'm bloody well going to demand it.

strider

Post Whore
i feel like i don't give a f**k if it is the right or wrong thing - iam guaranteed a seat no matter what .... i am just happy that someone has gone and made the effort to acknowledge this game is worth making an effort for and made something out of hte ordinary happen

:thumn

Djay

Juniors
Not happy about this at all, Parra stadium is our spiritual home, it's where Hindy and Burt have played their home games all their career and now all of a sudden there playing there last ever match at ANZ, Unless there's 80,000 people its going to be a horrible atmosphere.

bartman

Immortal
Can someone start a new thread about 2013 membership renewals? I had voted that I'd be renewing but now I'm undecided - there's not much advantage to being a ticketed member, when it ends up you can grab a better seat for boutique games by waiting until the last minute and being a casual fan....

That plus they'll probably have to give some tickets away for free given the timeslot to make it a decent enough crowd at that hollow cavernous stadium. :fist:

Well that's just bullshit. Whoever made this late decision should be sacked. I'm a member but I cant be bothered watching it at the shit stadium. It's a bloody joke that it's been changed at the last second.

i feel like i don't give a f**k if it is the right or wrong thing - iam guaranteed a seat no matter what .... i am just happy that someone has gone and made the effort to acknowledge this game is worth making an effort for and made something out of hte ordinary happen

:thumn

Yet it only seemed to happen once Ben Hornby jumped on the retiree bandwagon.

#justsayin'

Can someone start a new thread about 2013 membership renewals? I had voted that I'd be renewing but now I'm undecided - there's not much advantage to being a ticketed member, when it ends up you can grab a better seat for boutique games by waiting until the last minute and being a casual fan....

That plus they'll probably have to give some tickets away for free given the timeslot to make it a decent enough crowd at that hollow cavernous stadium. :fist:

Feeling the same way now.... Why bother. Was looking forward to this game. Now I'm thinking Sunday night at homebush.... Nah!

I honestly may have felt different if it were a Sunday afternoon game.
But this Sunday night bulls*t just blows.

All I can say is I guess I'm glad the last round doesn't have a Monday night game.

I won't be using my season tickets for the last game because of this move.

I will be using my ANZ Memberships instead with a fantastic view and a bistro restaurant behind me. Might suck for the non stadium members but for stadium members, it is not a bad decision at all.

bartman

Immortal
I felt the same way first off Jake, but despite the amateur decision-making at play I'm sure both you and I both won't miss this game at the end of the day.

But can you imagine the drop in 2013 renewals if it rains on game night? Normally undercover ticketed members getting wet in our dodgy seating allocations at Homebush in return for having paid a premium in advance for good seats to watch this (and every other home) game.... Bob Bentley and The Board had better be doing their best non-rain dance! :lol:

I won't be using my season tickets for the last game because of this move.

I will be using my ANZ Memberships instead with a fantastic view and a bistro restaurant behind me. Might suck for the non stadium members but for stadium members, it is not a bad decision at all.

:crazy:
Not going to sit with the huddled masses on this hallowed day?

I felt the same way first off Jake, but despite the amateur decision-making at play I'm sure both you and I both won't miss this game at the end of the day.

But can you imagine the drop in 2013 renewals if it rains on game night? Normally undercover ticketed members getting wet in our dodgy seating allocations at Homebush in return for having paid a premium in advance for good seats to watch this (and every other home) game.... Bob Bentley and The Board had better be doing their best non-rain dance! :lol:

That's a very good point I didn't think of.
My seats at Homebush are in the open, despite having seats at Parra in the second row from the top in the Cronin Stand.

As I said before, I will be demanding some sort of compensation - whether it be a freebee from the Parra store, a discount on next year's ticket, a holiday to Fiji with Jennifer Hawkins - and I think that everyone else should do the same.

MystikEel

Juniors
So.. what's the go with season tickets for this non-scheduled "home" game? Sit anywhere?? I have a 5m banner painted already so damned if I'm sitting anywhere apart from behind the sticks.

Group banner bay?

My seats at Homebush are in the open, despite having seats at Parra in the second row from the top in the Cronin Stand.

Most seats at ANZ Stadium are open, even up on level 6 you can get wet. The problem is the big gaping hole in the roof.

Most Cronin members are actually seated above the "Drip" line as the stadium calls it, but even me up on level 4 will get wet if there is a wind.

bartman

Immortal

As I said before, I will be demanding some sort of compensation - whether it be a freebee from the Parra store, a discount on next year's ticket, a holiday to Fiji with Jennifer Hawkins - and I think that everyone else should do the same.
That's it, people power! Or in this case Member power... Poupou hit it on the head a few hours ago referring to the core of ticketed members being tragics who the club know will renew anyway. We need to make sure we aren't taken for granted in return for our contribution to the club.
So.. what's the go with season tickets for this non-scheduled "home" game? Sit anywhere?? I have a 5m banner painted already so damned if I'm sitting anywhere apart from behind the sticks.

Group banner bay?
God knows Mystik.... I'd presume the easiest way for them to sort the mess out in one day is to just allocate us the Homebush seat numbers already printed on the back of our ticket passes, and then fit in some bays somewhere for St George/away members and then open the rest of the seats for general public/admission?

MystikEel

Juniors
God knows Mystik.... I'd presume the easiest way for them to sort the mess out in one day is to just allocate us the Homebush seat numbers already printed on the back of our ticket passes, and then fit in some bays somewhere for St George/away members and then open the rest of the seats for general public/admission?

Stick the Dragons army down one end and us at the other - divide the place in half. They have to know how many gigantic banners are going to be dealt with on the day, seriously. Between both clubs we could cover half the place already :lol:

Also I don't know if it's just me, but the assigned seats I have for ANZ with my season ticket are crap. 3rd level up, in a corner. F'ing ridiculous.

Latest posts