What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

Kornstar

Coach
I will be there rain, hail or shine but I would have regardless of whether it was the last home game for Hindmarsh and Burt because I am a supporter.

Having said that, the following comes to mind as reasons this should of/could of been sorted earlier:
- I now have to find and pay for parking or use public transport which adds an hour each way;
- I now have to again change my fathers day plans (time and location change);
- I better get the exact same Homebush seats that are printed on my Season Ticket pass;
- I am not happy if as repored "all NRL Members get free access" and I get moved to seats other than the ones I pay for (I will want $ back)

So as far as negatives go, there are a few - not insurmountable for me, but sufficient to understand why people are upset.

Meh, it's a one off. Not like this happens all the time.

If ANZ is 10 mins from Parra, how does that add an hour? Why plans need to change?

I hope every member from other clubs gain free access, Hindy dererves 80k to this game and if it means they need to give free entry, so be it, I want no refunds!

Funnily enough, some of the people who were willing to tolerate the shit that SK gave (consistently) us and let that drag on are the same people whinging about a one time inconvenience!

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
The situation has been 100% poorly handled. Mattiske and Annesley should have been in talks a few weeks ago to move the game and to allow Hindy And Burty to stay on the field at the end of the Roosters game and acknowledge the fans at their last home game. Hindy has said as much in the paper today. That said I think the right decision has been made and we now have an even bigger crowd possible.

I had tickets booked anyway and my son is super excited for the game. It could have been in Townsville for all we care.

emjaycee

Coach
Meh, it's a one off. Not like this happens all the time.

If ANZ is 10 mins from Parra, how does that add an hour? Why plans need to change?

I hope every member from other clubs gain free access, Hindy dererves 80k to this game and if it means they need to give free entry, so be it, I want no refunds!

Funnily enough, some of the people who were willing to tolerate the shit that SK gave (consistently) us and let that drag on are the same people whinging about a one time inconvenience!

Ok, I live in Winston Hills and takes approx 10 mins to drive to Parra Stadium and another 10 mins to find parking and walk to club. I was planning on getting dropped off so only 10 mins for this game. Now I need to get a bus to Pmtta, takes 30 mins, get a train to Homebush another 30 mins so an hour v 10 mins if connections are good.

My family were planning a late lunch/early dinner for fathers day on the Nthn Beaches before dropping me at the game around 6.30. Now, for me to leave home at 5.30 means that plan is out and as I am not gettong home from a fishing trip until 2.30 we have 3 hours to jam in some sort of fathers day celebration before I leave.

And I dont care about the the free tickets, if I get my comparable seats.

Mate, as I said I will be there regardless and the family will have to cope, but you did ask.

Kornstar

Coach
The situation has been 100% poorly handled. Mattiske and Annesley should have been in talks a few weeks ago to move the game and to allow Hindy And Burty to stay on the field at the end of the Roosters game and acknowledge the fans at their last home game. Hindy has said as much in the paper today. That said I think the right decision has been made and we now have an even bigger crowd possible.

I had tickets booked anyway and my son is super excited for the game. It could have been in Townsville for all we care.

It has certainly been poorly handled, there is no doubt there. As you say though, sanity has prevailed.

Maybe they should just retire next year now and we can make sure they plan it better next year :)

I don't think we should downplay the Trust's part in this. They were the one's making it difficult for us to move the game in the first place, when we wanted to.

Suity

Indeed but hearing Graham Annesley's name makes me think someone escalate this to the Minister, he got onto Luke Coleman and asked what the holdup was, and from there the holdup went away.

Suitman

Post Whore
Indeed but hearing Graham Annesley's name makes me think someone escalate this to the Minister, he got onto Luke Coleman and asked what the holdup was, and from there the holdup went away.

Yep, certainly took a couple of big players to make this happen. Him and that guy from the IC.

Suity

spiderdan

Bench
disappointed for hindy and burt, and the people at every home game that they didn't make the call earlier so their could be a proper parra stadium farewell with the people who are there all the time but it's done now so hopefully there's a big turn out.

that said, will the club be providing busses from the club or nearby to the ground like i think they do for other home games at homebush?

born an eel

Bench
I don't think we should downplay the Trust's part in this. They were the one's making it difficult for us to move the game in the first place, when we wanted to.

Suity
yeah, fancy expecting the clowns who run our club to honour a contract.

Suitman

Post Whore
yeah, fancy expecting the clowns who run our club to honour a contract.

To be fair, we are in a more powerful position than the Trust. Without the Eels, what do they have? The Wanderers now (who I bet will be paying a shit load less then us to hire the joint), and then nothing.
They should be doing everything they can to keep us there, not screwing us over one match.

Suity

forward pass

Coach
I will be there for sure.

BUT - I must say that I am disappointed like everyone that this wasnt done weeks ago.

Last week against the Roosters could have been one of the great, never to be forgotten days at the stadium. A win and a lap of honour for Hindy and Burt.

I feel robbed of that as those sorts of occasions are rare. Feel more sorry for Hindy. oh well.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What an absolute disgraceful decision.

Once they announce where the game is being played they should leave it where it is, regardless if people are going to miss out.

Dont chop and change it, especially for the fact that 21,000 people have already got tickets to PARRAMATTA STADIUM, home of the Eels, now who knows where they will seating.

This decision is totally unprofessional, if the decision was made weeks ago to play it at ANZ Stadium, fine thats settled, we have a Parramatta Stadium farewell for both Hindy and Burt then their last ever game against the Dragons.

Now we've already seen them for the last time at Parramatta, not even knowing at the time theyve played their last game there. :( Two of the greats that have poured their heart and soul into the club for so many years and this is how theyre treated. :x:x:x

To me this does not seem like a Parra home game, its a NRL game, which suits both Parra and Dragons because 4 players are retiring.

It would be great to get 50,000, not sure if they will, but the majority of fans would not be happy having being screwed over twice by this decision.

If I happen to get a good seat at ANZ then Id be satisfied, but who knows where Ill be sitting.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
I do feel sorry for Hindy and burt, this decision should've been made weeks ago and your last game at parra should have been against roosters, hopefully there is more than 50 000 there to farewell four legends

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Disgraceful decision - I have no issue with the game being played at AnZ . My issue is the decision was made after hindy's last game at parramatta stadium so he does not get the farewell his deserves at his last home game

Gronk

Staff member
Disgraceful decision - I have no issue with the game being played at AnZ . My issue is the decision was made after hindy's last game at parramatta stadium so he does not get the farewell his deserves at his last home game

+ 1

natheel

Coach

This. it should have been decided weeks ago

would be nice to have a fan day / open training session (do they train the day before a game?) on saturday
we could at least have a farewell to hindy & burt at parra even if they aren't playing

What an absolute disgraceful decision.

Once they announce where the game is being played they should leave it where it is, regardless if people are going to miss out.

Dont chop and change it, especially for the fact that 21,000 people have already got tickets to PARRAMATTA STADIUM, home of the Eels, now who knows where they will seating.

This decision is totally unprofessional, if the decision was made weeks ago to play it at ANZ Stadium, fine thats settled, we have a Parramatta Stadium farewell for both Hindy and Burt then their last ever game against the Dragons.

Now we've already seen them for the last time at Parramatta, not even knowing at the time theyve played their last game there. :( Two of the greats that have poured their heart and soul into the club for so many years and this is how theyre treated. :x:x:x

To me this does not seem like a Parra home game, its a NRL game, which suits both Parra and Dragons because 4 players are retiring.

It would be great to get 50,000, not sure if they will, but the majority of fans would not be happy having being screwed over twice by this decision.

If I happen to get a good seat at ANZ then Id be satisfied, but who knows where Ill be sitting.

do you really think the nrl and ticketek are going to re-issue 21000 tickets?
they will just make the game open seating and it will be first in best dressed

Suitman

Post Whore
do you really think the nrl and ticketek are going to re-issue 21000 tickets?
they will just make the game open seating and it will be first in best dressed

And if that ends up being the case, so be it. If someone wants good seats, they get there early and get them. FMD, they've got 83500 to choose from.

Suity

Latest posts