What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy out...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hindy will be a massive loss,time for someone else to step up boys!! Better this week than next week that is for sure.

pedge

Juniors
Our Captain after Cayless leaves will be Hindy. His deputy will be Burty if he's still around. That gives us three years to find a replacement captain.

Mannah captained the NYC quite well. I'd also be looking at Reddy who has a good head on his shoulders. If Morts is still around in 3 years you might wanna look at him, also.

The last person you'd ant to give it to is HaHa, who will most likely sell herself to the highest bidder sometime in the future (if not at the end of this year).

all good points
the captaincy however may be something that entices jarryd to hang around longer then he otherwise may have....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
all good points
the captaincy however may be something that entices jarryd to hang around longer then he otherwise may have....

Captaincy and leadership should never be a tool to be whored so that we can keep a player. Jarryd Hayne is playing well, but he is not the one that should be fireing up his teams mates, I would also not count on him to be talking to the referee when trying to manipulate the game.

I would give it to Burt but I hate wingers as captains, they arent close enough to the action.

Gronk

Staff member
all good points

A captain's role these days is less about decisions on the field and more about media commitments and being a role model to the younger players.

He does not come across as that type of a spokesperson leader at the moment to me.

Eels Dude

Coach
Do you think a lose now would be a good or bad thing ? The game doesnt matter so do u lose one and take the unbeaten pressure off the team OR do u keep feeding of the confidence of being unbeaten ??

If there's anything to be taken from ANY side in 2009... teams that put together a string of wins, then put together a string of losses. Or vice versa. Dragons win 7, lose 3. Tigers win 6 lose 2. Knights win 3 lose 3. Cronulla win 4 lose a thousand. Broncos lose 5 win 3. I think if we win the confidence is still there for the finals, if we lose it could be gone.

The Colonel

Immortal
Do you think a lose now would be a good or bad thing ? The game doesnt matter so do u lose one and take the unbeaten pressure off the team OR do u keep feeding of the confidence of being unbeaten ??

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. They have qualified for the finals and while finishing as high as they can should be high on the agenda a loss now probably is slightly better than having to win 12 straight.....

That said I believe that with the confidence they have that a win isn't within the bounds of improbablity. I reckon Hindy being out may even make the Dragons relax a little......

Craig Johnston

First Grade
time for big bad bustling benny to stand up and prove some doubters (like me) wrong. (about him in the pack)

if we lose, i'd rather play against the bulldogs anyway.

yy_cheng

Coach
A captain's role these days is less about decisions on the field and more about media commitments and being a role model to the younger players.

He does not come across as that type of a spokesperson leader at the moment to me.

Funny thing is is that it's Hindy who is doing this more than Caylo

yy_cheng

Coach
I reckon if we win without Hindy, it would give the team a massive boost.

Usually when Hindy is out, Caylo steps up more.

Hellsy

Immortal
Oh well. At least it isn't first round of the semi's. Best to let him rest now.
None will be more frustrated than Hindy himself I'd imagine

THE HOG

Juniors
Hindy out!! This is a great thing because we are going to destroy the Dragons tomorrow night. I have been watching footy forever and the current team is a league above the opposition. Deluded?

Watch tomorrow night, then tell me.

Parra by 20...

THE HOG

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bloody hell,

Brians Handbags and The Canarys, both of which are in fantasy league grand finals this week are screwed now as used all my reserves :crazy:

parra pete

Referee
Hindy out......That's life.....

THE INDISPENSABLE MAN

Some time when you're feeling important;
Some time when your ego's in bloom;
Some time when you take it for granted,
You're the best qualified in the room;
Some time when you think that your going,
would leave an unfillable hole;
Just follow this simple instruction
And see how it humbles your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water;
Put your hands in it up to your wrists;
Pull them out - and the hole that remains;
Is the measure of how much you'll be missed.
You may splash as you please when you enter;
You may stir up the water galore;
But stop - and you'll find in a second ,
That it looks just the same as before.

The moral of this is quite simple;
Do just the best that you can,
and be proud of yourself - but remember;
There is no indispensable man

domstrama78

Juniors
Hi there, long time reader first time poster, gotta say I'm disappointed Hindy's not playing but I think we (Parra) have the firepower to overcome his loss.

Latest posts