What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's blog

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
The team has been bonding well and a lot of that has to do with our very chirpy halfback. Finchy genuinely a funny bloke, but he almost didn’t make it to the hotel after I left him snoring on the bus. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, the driver noticed our sleepy halfback before he took off.

:lol:

Hellsy

Immortal
The result on Friday night was difficult to take. Eighty minutes passed and then to have no result after busting our guts out there was flattening. All the boys were just standing around feeling a bit empty.
I’ve had that feeling once before when a State of Origin series ended in 1-1 tie. It wasn’t good then and it was no better last Friday night. I think the NRL and ARL need to consider Golden Point. Not just for the players but also for the fans who seemed a bit miffed with the ending.

Here f**king here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Draws in rep games are just pathetic

This weekend we have the Dragons at ‘home’, home being ANZ Stadium this weekend. It’s not a move I am an overwhelming fan of but I also understand why it was done. Hopefully we can get a huge crowd there and get a good atmosphere.
A below average crowd at Parramatta Stadium looks fine but if that happens at ANZ it can be deflating because of the size of the stands and it then takes away from the game in my opinion.

Glad that he doesn't really like it either. I am thinking of moving to somewhere else tomorrow, I HATE our seats at that stadium

Goey Man

Juniors
I am thinking of moving to somewhere else tomorrow, I HATE our seats at that stadium

You'll have plenty to choose from:sarcasm:. It's simply :crazy: that we've got two of our biggest drawcards games at a stadium we'd be lucky to get 18,000 to. There'll be as much atmosphere there tomorrow than at an Adam Brand concert.

Hellsy

Immortal
My friend that I sit with is bringing a friend along as well so I told them to buy a GA and there wil lbe PLENTY of seats we can occupy together :LOL:

Suitman

Post Whore
It's simply :crazy: that we've got two of our biggest drawcards games at a stadium we'd be lucky to get 18,000 to.

But is it really that :crazy:?

The Bulldogs game drew over 25000, that's 3500 more fans that got to see the game live than would have if we kept it at Parra?
I know it's not the greatest stadium to watch games at live, but, geez, if we can give more people the opportunity to see us play, surely it makes sense?

It's just a shame that the Saints game has fallen on Mothers Day. Maybe we would have been better served transferring a different game there.

Suity

Goey Man

Juniors
But is it really that :crazy:?

The Bulldogs game drew over 25000, that's 3500 more fans that got to see the game live than would have if we kept it at Parra?
That's a fair call, I cop that. I just feel is it worth the extra 3500 bums on seats for what you lose in atmosphere.

I know it's not the greatest stadium to watch games at live, but, geez, if we can give more people the opportunity to see us play, surely it makes sense?

It's just a shame that the Saints game has fallen on Mothers Day. Maybe we would have been better served transferring a different game there.
Suity
Not it's not the greatest stadium and it is a shame that the Dags game is tomorrow. Maybe the Raiders game being the QBLW or the Panthers game would have been better alternites.

Suitman

Post Whore
That's a fair call, I cop that. I just feel is it worth the extra 3500 bums on seats for what you lose in atmosphere.

Not it's not the greatest stadium and it is a shame that the Dags game is tomorrow. Maybe the Raiders game being the QBLW or the Panthers game would have been better alternites.

Well, I always think that a Tigers game would be the best alternative call, as both sets of supporters are close by, and they also use it as a home ground so would be used to going there.
Not sure though if we have a home game against them this year.
Otherwise, Souths would be my other choice.
Anyone else would be a waste of time. Unless it's Manly and we are both at the top of the table, but how are we to know that at the beginning of the season?

Suity

Goey Man

Juniors
Well, I always think that a Tigers game would be the best alternative call, as both sets of supporters are close by, and they also use it as a home ground so would be used to going there.
Not sure though if we have a home game against them this year.
Otherwise, Souths would be my other choice.
Anyone else would be a waste of time. Unless it's Manly and we are both at the top of the table, but how are we to know that at the beginning of the season?

Suity
Round 23, I'm praying for a Monday night game as I fly back into Sydney at midday on the Monday.

Gronk

Staff member
Wouldn't mind a comfy win

We had what can be described as a good win on the weekend out at ANZ Stadium. I wasn’t really in the mood for such a close game on Sunday and would have preferred to beat the Dragons by thirty odd, but to their credit they never went away and made us work to get the two points.
Just once this season I would like to win a game by a large margin and not have to scrape over the line. We had golden point against the Knights and close games against the Storm, Sea Eagles, Dragons and came from 20 points down to beat the Dogs, it’s starting to become a worrying trend.
But as long as we get the two points I won’t complain and if Finchy keeps taking the field goal shots, I don’t mind that either.
Speaking of my talented and funny mate, I was disappointed he didn’t get the nod as the Blues halfback. Peter Wallace being selected surprised a lot of people, myself included.
I haven’t spoken to Finchy, but I’m sure he is in the same boat as me. He knew he was a chance but didn’t get selected, although I thought he would have been one of the first guys picked.
That was the only NSW selection shocker for me. I had a feeling I wouldn’t be selected in the side, even after I got man of the match at the weekend. That’s just what happens when there are a lot of good back-rowers in form.
I am very happy for Jarryd Hayne though. Haynesy’s last three weeks have been his best and he deserves his spot. I thought the choice of Anthony Quinn on the other wing was a good one. Quinn is a tough bugger. I found that out while playing for Country together, he is strong and positionally solid. However I think he will be a target for their centre and wingers with the kicks that are put up.
I think the Maroons made a bad call to leave Scott Prince out of their team., iIf I was playing I would be happy he was not out there. Princey is playing some great footy and he is a 6 or a 7, not a 1 playing 6. He has a great kicking game and scores tries.
I would have Johnathan Thurston at 6 and Prince at 7. I think that would be the smartest thing to do. JT is more mobile and creative on his feet, so he could play at 6. I could of course be totally wrong and Hunt could have a blinder, but I just don’t think five eighth is his spot.
We are playing on the Roosters this weekend and fortunately they are without Craig Fitzgibbon, Willie Mason and Nate Myles, but I think Braith Anasta will be fired up and feel like he has a point to prove. I think Braith is the best NSW five eighth.
The boys are thinking about going to Rosehill races on Saturday and if we do I’m looking forward to it. EI ruined the races during the off-season, so we are making most of our chances now.
As for punters in the club we used to have a few who rated themselves. Blake Green, Paul Stringer and Matty Petersen were always reading the form.
In the current side Luke Burt and Finchy both know a bit, but the rest of us just turn up and if we like something back it. I will say this, Finchy gets info that no one else gets, but he’s over at Bondi so he has different mates.
I went to the test match with a couple of mates last week. It was an historic occasion,. 100 years of league and the first time I have ran to a game. We got in to see the first try and while it was good, it wasn’t freakish. It’s been done before.
It was Mother’s Day last week and Bonnie got her presents this year. I learnt last year the words “I don’t want anything” doesn’t actually mean that so she was happier and with the kids spent the day watching me play footy.
At home Buster has got a bit of a bad cough at the moment. He goes to bed at 7PM but stays up coughing until 12. It’s not great, I feel helpless because he is coughing but you are not meant to give him anything for it when they are that young. I keep wondering whether I should take him to the doctor’s or whether they will say it’s just a cough.
Hindy

parra pete

Referee
I don't know who 'ghosts' the articles for Nathan, but whoever does, does a good job. I enjoy the articles.

Bigfella

Coach
It has been done before too.

Jamie Lyon came up with a pretty similar play from a grubber kick - may have been last year?

Gronk

Staff member
Tackling all the games' issues

I attended Origin on Wednesday and while I enjoyed seeing my beloved Blues get over the line, the game seemed to be missing something.
I think it was missing the big hits and the attitude which has made Origin footy famous right from the start. In that respect the game felt a bit flat for mine.
Sometimes it happens but not very often. It just seemed like neither team had an aggressive streak to their defence, unless you were Karmichael Hunt and you saw Ryan Hoffman coming at you.
Origin is not the same as it used to be when it was first brought in to the calendar, but trust me when I say mateship goes out the window when you are in the battle in the middle.
I think NSW definitely deserved the win and I was very impressed with the game Peter Wallace had on his debut, as I was with Anthony Quinn. There aren’t too many guys who have better Origin debuts than those two did.
I didn’t think Greg Bird deserved Man of the Match. He played well but it was nothing special. I would have given the award to Quinn, Mark Gasnier (who was always dangerous), Wallace or even Fitzy, who was solid in his return to Origin footy.
On a Parramatta note I thought Haynesy was solid despite a couple of misses in defence late on, but he didn’t get much ball all night.
Everyone is talking about putting the broom through the Queensland team but that isn’t their style and I would be surprised if they do that for game two.
I would also be surprised if we see Darren Lockyer return and if he does come back I think he would have to be 100% fit. I just can’t see the Broncos risking their best player and playmaker for Origin, when they want to win the comp for Wayne Bennett in his last year at the club.
There was a bit of criticism out for some Queensland players, one of them being Billy Slater, but he was not allowed to play well by a Blues team who employed similar tactics against him to when he last played in 2005.
I was there for those games and we were told to chase hard and when he gets the ball hit him hard. Last night that certainly happened.
If the Maroons do make changes then I would suggest maybe Carl Webb start on the bench and come on after 15-20 minutes so he can make more of an impact and spend some time getting wound up. The big fella is a gun but I think in rep games he has a bigger impact off of the bench.
While the Queensland pack were soundly beaten I really have to give a nod to Nate Myles for hitting the ball up hard and being the only one who appeared capable of making the bust. Myles had a huge game!
Speaking of the Roosters, I really don’t know what happened to us last Friday night. We were traveling well and then it was as if they flicked the switch in the second half and we couldn’t go with them.
Braith Anasta certainly turned it on and kept the pressure right on Greg Bird for Origin.
As for me, I was sick leading into the game and continued to spend the weekend on the lounge vomiting. I actually lost 5 kilograms, but that is no excuse for missing a couple of tackles which led directly to tries.
This weekend we are looking forward to seeing Krisnan Inu go around for Wentworthville and if he goes well there I expect him to line up next weekend in first grade. His return will be good for us in many ways. The biggest is, although neither will admit it, him and Haynesy seem to try and one up each other to prove who is a better centre and it brings out the best in both of them.
For the record we played some games at Laser Zone after training this week and Inu killed it. I think he has had far too much spare time during rehab!
There has been a lot written about the possibility of clubs going broke over the last week and while I think Parramatta are safe, thanks to good management from Dennis Fitzgerald, the state government has done no club any favours with the huge poker machine taxes they have in place.
It doesn’t just effect the club but also the community who then don’t get the money from the clubs that they used to either.
Bonn and I just dropped Archie off in Robertson as we prepare for a weekend in the Hunter Valley. I’m more of a fan of the amber liquid but I’ll still try a good drop of wine.
As for footy, I want us to focus on improving. To have had two byes already is a bit unfortunate as we get no more weeks off, but that’s the draw and we just have to cop it.
As for me I will have 1 ½ eyes on Parramatta and ½ an eye on NSW and am putting my hand up if any forward from the team becomes unavailable.

Hindy