What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's blog

Nikki

Coach
JessEel said:
Photo00410311310210020071203113102.jpg

Oh how I would love to wake up next to that... ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
An adventurous week

So many things to do, so little time. It’s an old cliché but it rings true at this time of year, where despite looking forward to Christmas as much as my kids are nothing is ever easy, from Christmas shopping with Buster and Archie – which was actually fun as I don’t mind having a look at the latest toys, to training, to the media circus of this week and the fact that I had a large tree come crashing down in my pool on Sunday destroying my glass fence.

Ah the storms on Sunday certainly got me, as they did many other people out west. I can honestly say I have never seen or felt a wind that strong in my life, and a tree coming down came as no surprise. If you check my MMS page you can see what happened.

Thankfully I have good neighbours and one of mine was over straight away with a chainsaw in hand to cut up the tree, but advised me I would be the one getting the rest of it out of the pool, which is fair enough. I had a bit of fun with it but getting the glass out of the pool was the worst part.

We’ve been changing up our training a bit of late. We’ve visited the Central Coast Mariners for a kick and today are heading for some basketball with Brian Goorjian and some of the Sydney Kings. I’m actually quite bad at it, but Haynesy never lacks confidence and Feleti Mateo, who is also coming, rates himself pretty highly as a dribbler.

The highlight however was our trip to the SCG to meet with Nathan Bracken. Luckily he didn’t bowl at us because I had enough trouble with the bowling machine and its bouncers, much to the amusement of Mark Riddell and Daniel “Wags” Wagon who were both pretty handy. Finchy was at my level, though, and wore a couple but not as many as I did.

You probably want to know my thoughts on Timmy Smith. I think the club has tried to do the right thing by him and I hope it works. The decision was up to Dennis and Hages in the end and we all want it to work out well.

Having said that there comes a time when you are out drinking that you should go home and Timmy needs to realise when that is and also recognise there is a time and a place for heading out, and it’s probably not midweek. I’m not saying I haven’t done it, we have all been young and reckless, but in this day and age, with so much media coverage and the fact some people will look for any story to sell papers, means you have to be well behaved all the time, especially when you have a bit of a history as Tim does.

Things have changed a lot even since I was his age and young guys now just have to be really careful.

On a brighter note Christmas is just around the corner and despite my lights being damaged due to the storms at least half of the roof works. The whole Hindmarsh clan is heading to Cowra for Chrissie and with seven kids under the age of five it will be special.

Hindy

strider

Post Whore
Hindy said:
We’ve been changing up our training a bit of late. We’ve visited the Central Coast Mariners for a kick and today are heading for some basketball with Brian Goorjian and some of the Sydney Kings. I’m actually quite bad at it, but Haynesy never lacks confidence and Feleti Mateo, who is also coming, rates himself pretty highly as a dribbler.
:lol: :lol: feleti

I love it when the different sports go and train with eachother :cool:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
The whole Hindmarsh clan is heading to Cowra for Chrissie and with seven kids under the age of five it will be special.
watch out for hellsy and jess's cousins - who are also going to cowra! :crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
It's a dogs life

As I write this I’ve got the dogs running round the house like crazy, so I thought I would devote an entry to our two wonderful pets before Christmas. Bonnie and I love our dogs: she has an American Staffy and I have an American Staffy crossed with an Aussie Bulldog. And yes he does have an interesting look.

They’re four and five years old respectively. Bonnie’s is a bitch and mine is a dog. They are besties and had Bonnie not had mine neutered while I was away on a Kangaroo Tour they may well have been lovers. I was keen to get some puppies out of mine but it wasn’t to be. I feel sorry for the poor guy!

Growing up on a farm I have always had animals, but I do have a softer spot for dogs than I do other animals and I always had my favourites.

My first dogs were a bitzer/cattle dog who was a champion and would follow you everywhere and an Old English Sheepdog, named Mrs. Chatham (because we were given her by our neighbours the Chathams - very original of us). Her hair was never really brushed and it got really matted at times.

But my favourite dog was a German Shepherd cross Blue Heeler named Hooch, who unfortunately had to be put down by my dad and Ian (I couldn’t do it) because he bit a lady on the face.

His big thing was he would love you to come into the yard but he wouldn’t let you leave and this one day he got a bit overzealous about the whole thing and attacked. We felt bad, but I remember not wanting him to be put down. I still don’t know how Ian got the courage to shoot him.

For more info on dogs and what breeds might be good for you visit this site http://community.trading-post.com.au/pets/

This ended up being a bit more of a chat about all my dogs and not much else. Training is going well and I’m looking forward to a big year in ‘08.

Thanks for all the support this year.

Hindy

Nikki

Coach
Umm... A whole blog about his dogs... :lol: :lol: :lol: What the hell. I remember he had a dog called Spy who was actually kidnapped when he was living with his girlfriend Kelly (I think that was her name). They got Spy back tho and I think the dog went to live on the farm.. Another useless fact, but fits in well with Hindys above Blog which was full of uselessness :lol:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Off to the potato races

It’s been a bit of a crazy off-season for me. I’ve been stalked by lousy weather which has followed me everywhere – from Thailand to the Gold Coast, plus an unexpected arthroscope on my knee. I can report the arthroscope went well and I expect the club doc’, to give me the all clear to resume full contact this week.

The arthroscope was the result of me tearing the cartilage in my knee during training. I had torn some previously and after this tear I had to get it done.

Fortunately I will be lining up against the Dogs in round one, however I will be missing from trial action this weekend.

It’s not all bad though, as it means I get to head home to Robertson and take Archie, Buster and Bonnie to the Robbo show which is famous for its ‘Potato Race’. The Potato race is the event that stops the show in much the same way the Easter Show stops for the Wood chop Final.

The competitors carry a 50 kilogram sack of spuds on their back and make their way around a 400 metre course with the winner collecting a $1000 paycheck. I had a go at it once and was leading when with ten metres to go my left leg buckled underneath me and my chances were ruined.

Around 2000 people get through the gates every year and for a country show that’s not too bad.

The winner is usually a wiry looking farm guy who has unbelievable strength. I take my hat off to them it is hard work.

I also like going back home to Robertson because it gives Archie a chance to have fun riding bikes and playing with the cows. I think he is lucky in that respect. There aren’t too many kids who get to go and play on the family farm these days.

I watched our game against the Panthers last weekend and I thought both sides were pretty even. They had a few more experienced guys out there so they probably were within their rights to get the win.

Our young guys are really coming along well and I would expect Weller Hauraki to play a bit of first grade this year, as well as Matt Keating.

Weller in particular is a huge talent and he has also been the most improved over the off season.

Luke Burt is playing in the trial against the Dogs this weekend. He was moving at the camp in Kiama without any ill effects from his knee problems, so he could be set for another big year.

Injury will most likely keep Timmy Smith out for the first couple of rounds of the season proper as he rehabs his shoulder. It’s better for him to miss the first couple of weeks and get it right rather than risk injuring it again.

Hindy

strider

Post Whore
i could imagine hindy doing well in a potato sack race - he just looks like a guy who could carry a bad of studs around

Latest posts