What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum II

Most Annoying Poster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
a low percentage can still be a lot of people because of the total number given. i wasn't trying to be misleading - i promise. i will say though in regards to the flu vaccines, there is often a lot of fear spread through the media about how bad a type of flu actually is. like i said, i haven't had any vaccines since before the age of 11 and i hardly ever get sick, so it's not like i have an urgent need to get the flu vaccine. other people can make their own choice - it's not my business

You're missing the point. The number of adverse reactions in people is still far lower than the number of complications that would have been caused by the actual disease if there was an outbreak in the general population as there used to be before vaccinations were introduced. Yes, you might get ill from a jab. The odds of that happening are far lower than the odds of getting the disease and suffering even riskier health problems.

Being vaccinated even though you are strong and healthy also reduces the odds (immensely) of being infected and becoming a vector for the disease to be passed on to those who are not as strong and healthy. I think of it as a public service. I actually had pertussis 7 years ago, and it was not fun. I got a booster as soon as it was known, and why? To protect others. I was also very careful for the length of time I was contagious. No public transport, a mask when in public and avoiding the need to be so.
The thought of a newborn getting it is horrifying, especially if the vector is a sefish individual who thinks their individual rights are more important than those of others for such a relatively tiny risk.

alien

Referee
You're missing the point. The number of adverse reactions in people is still far lower than the number of complications that would have been caused by the actual disease if there was an outbreak in the general population as there used to be before vaccinations were introduced. Yes, you might get ill from a jab. The odds of that happening are far lower than the odds of getting the disease and suffering even riskier health problems.

i understood the point, and i'm not disagreeing. unless a young child can live in a bubble then you're probably right when you say the chance of getting very sick is higher than something going very wrong from a vaccine. some get more than just "ill" from a jab though, even if it is a low percentage

Being vaccinated even though you are strong and healthy also reduces the odds (immensely) of being infected and becoming a vector for the disease to be passed on to those who are not as strong and healthy. I think of it as a public service. I actually had pertussis 7 years ago, and it was not fun. I got a booster as soon as it was known, and why? To protect others. I was also very careful for the length of time I was contagious. No public transport, a mask when in public and avoiding the need to be so.
The thought of a newborn getting it is horrifying, especially if the vector is a selfish individual who thinks their individual rights are more important than those of others for such a relatively tiny risk.

maybe you're right but i won't be pressured by anyone into getting vaccinated. it should always be a personal choice. people can do what they want, and i will do what i want. i'm not responsible for anyone's health but my own. a child's health is their parents' responsibility, not mine.

Pommy

Coach
i understood the point, and i'm not disagreeing. unless a young child can live in a bubble then you're probably right when you say the chance of getting very sick is higher than something going very wrong from a vaccine. some get more than just "ill" from a jab though, even if it is a low percentage

maybe you're right but i won't be pressured by anyone into getting vaccinated. it should always be a personal choice. people can do what they want, and i will do what i want. i'm not responsible for anyone's health but my own. a child's health is their parents' responsibility, not mine.

Only by not being vaccinated you are effecting other people's health. Not everyone is able to be vaccinated and rely on everyone around them being so to protect their health. So by not being vaccinated yourself for whatever reason you believe you are endangering the innocent.

alien

Referee
Only by not being vaccinated you are effecting other people's health. Not everyone is able to be vaccinated and rely on everyone around them being so to protect their health. So by not being vaccinated yourself for whatever reason you believe you are endangering the innocent.

i'm not responsible for other people's health. i hardly ever get sick, and if i do, it's very mild. i'm not going to risk my health for somebody else's. the only time that would ever change is if i ever have children.

Pommy

Coach
i'm not responsible for other people's health. i hardly ever get sick, and if i do, it's very mild. i'm not going to risk my health for somebody else's. the only time that would ever change is if i ever have children.

But don't you see what a merkin move that is whilst your benefiting from everyone around you being vaccinated but your willing to put someone else at risk?

alien

Referee
But don't you see what a merkin move that is whilst your benefiting from everyone around you being vaccinated but your willing to put someone else at risk?

everyone around me? do most people in sydney get the flu vaccination every year? i honestly don't know what percentage get it.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I don't get personal though and extremely offensive when people make stupid posts I disagree with.

Taking shots quite often at people isn't nice imo.

Probably:crazy::crazy:

Cmon mate definitely you've given me a hard time. See what I mean now R95.

I know Rsag, BR, alien, shadow, Southsport, Newc know what I mean.

You need to learn to respect me. I'll keep giving my views.

The Souths supporters besides you who go at me are Grumpy, Pommy, Rabbit toes. A small amount that is actually.

Obviously these guys may not be as passionate as me or don't like the straight shooting from me. I won't change either.

I will be myself. You'll have to learn to respect me. I post a lot of good talk actually.

You may have apologised in the past but you just unleashed at me again on page 1 of this thread.

I haven't unleashed on you and told you what I think of you as its not the right thing to do. It's just unacceptable to repeatedly have a go at someone.

Rsag saw it. I'll quote it for you shortly. As Rsag said people shouldn't be having goes at certain posters and commenting on threads. It's just not on actually.

You having an initial go at me Diego has bought all the trolls in and I've copped a lot of shit.

I wouldn't say I've been commenting for no reason. I have been rightfully defending myself to FREEDOM OF SPEECH WHICH IS A HUMAN RIGHT!!!!!

For what it's worth, your opinion my be considered valid IF you don't coat it with multiple layers of shit and act like a child if someone forms a different view.

Pommy

Coach
everyone around me? do most people in sydney get the flu vaccination every year? i honestly don't know what percentage get it.

I was talking about vaccinations in general. If you were just talking about that single jab I appologaise for being confused. Although I would be interested to see any scientific evidence of people having a reaction to a flu jab.

Mate i know the rumours you are talking about as they surfaced on the chookpen forum. If true it's gonna get a whole lot worse for Mitch.

Weidler is a f**king deadshit mate and Ben Teo'o should've been applauded by all players and fans for what he did to him. Weidler is so far up Choc and Khoders ass that he literally can't report on anything else properly. Problem with the media is, the moment they find the hint of a story they go at it like rabid dogs.

Take Josh Massouds reporting of the Pearce Oz day incident, he actuLly stated on the radio and TV that the incident was worse than Carney and Monaghan put together then went on to say he hadn't even seen the video. What kind of fair and balanced reporting of the incident was that.

Rothfield has had a hard on for politis and us For years now. Todd carney ran amok while at the Sharks and we barely heard anything of it. When he was at the chooks todd carney couldn't even get tattooed in Bondi without a camera crew following him everywhere. fadt forward a few years and half the shit he did didn't even get a mention by Rothfield.

Media in Sydney are a joke but no one team are the media darlings, even our 2 sides have copped both good and bad runs.

Thats why Carney ended up getting his Tatts in Newcastle

Exsilium

Coach
For what it's worth, your opinion my be considered valid IF you don't coat it with multiple layers of shit and act like a child if someone forms a different view.

I agree with this statement. Wouldn't be a forum if we all agreed with each other. Absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion but not accepting others will put you in the firing line. Also, no need to keep validating comments by using statements like "alien knows I said this "rsag agrees with me", if you form a valid opinion it is yours and it doesn't matter who agrees with it, if it's factual and hasn't been altered then people will respect it. R20 you may cop a lot of flak but plenty can be avoided, the same way some can stop dishing it out.

As for alien, I don't give a f**k who he supports, he explained to me why he did it and that's fine. Happy to move on but I've noticed a heightened aggression in his comments of late and that's not what's needed, whether it's provoked or not.

This is not a f**king school yard, you're adults (presumably) and should be able to get along. If you don't agree or you'll take it personally then don't get baited in and just leave it. No point being reactive if you've nothing to add.

Also, I'd appreciate the derailing of threads to stop. mods must be on holidays.

I've not known the rabbitohs thread to ever have this much conflict as there is now. The souths fans themselves are divided. Some of you wouldn't be able to handle the jubilee avenue forum for instance where nothing is held back but you don't get this bullshit filling those threads.

Let's just all move on and be happy!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
wow r20,southsport,and alien it seems that our legend club has all of their heads in a tail spin of outrageous jealousy,maybe grumpy rabbit has ran away with their grumpy club membership fees lol

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
quotes-paulo-coelho-Favim.com-465861.jpg

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
r20,alien and southsport no wonder they are all attacking us on here, grumpy's got their ca$h and is on the run lol serve themselves right lol

Status
Not open for further replies.