What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum II

Most Annoying Poster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
was the forward pack of 1989 as dominating as the 2014 forward pack???

They were a young pack;up & comers who ended up playing for Australia or SOO!!

They were very hard.

Tony RAMPLING[SOO] Ian ROBERTS[SOO,Aust]--Mario FENECH[SOO]--Les DAVIDSON[SOO,Aust]--David BOYLE[SOO]--Lindsay JOHNSTON[SOO].

Fenech was a fantastic leader,very inspiring,bled red & green!!! A diehard Sths junior!!

Even though players like GI & Sam love playing with Sths & are very good leaders they will walk away if it suits them!!

Sths halves were their aces---our halves in recent years don't compare to Coleman & Blake!!

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Sths halves were their aces---our halves in recent years don't compare to Coleman & Blake!!

yeah i do remember blake a bit. i remember he was very quick and used to put in those little kicks behind the line, and chase and regather the ball. he did some cool tricks. i was fairly young back then. i started watching league at the start of the 1987 season - i only turned 7 that year. i remember tugger coleman. he played a year for western suburbs magpies too (1996 i think)

doyen

Bench
yeah i do remember blake a bit. i remember he was very quick and used to put in those little kicks behind the line, and chase and regather the ball. he did some cool tricks. i was fairly young back then. i started watching league at the start of the 1987 season - i only turned 7 that year. i remember tugger coleman. he played a year for western suburbs magpies too (1996 i think)

Blake was magic--a prolific tryscorer,always in fine style.

Mario would have played for Aust. but broke his thumb on the eve of selection for a tour to NZ--he was the incumbent SOO hooker at the time. "Backdoor" Benny ELIAS sneaked in to replace him & that was the end of Mario's i/national aspirations!

Reynolds to me is just a programmed robot----he has a very good kicking game but anything outside that is very ordinary to me. He doesn't have many tricks in his bag;if any!

Maybe Madge's structure has stifled his creative spirit!!?????

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Reynolds to me is just a programmed robot----he has a very good kicking game but anything outside that is very ordinary to me. He doesn't have many tricks in his bag;if any!

well i agree that reynolds needs to run the ball more often. i think he lost a bit of confidence last year after mad dog graham injured him. i think he'll go well this year, behind a good forward pack. his kicking game is needed, but the five eighth does need to be more creative than he is, so keary has to do a good job, otherwise cody walker may take his spot..

Rabbits20

Immortal
well i agree that reynolds needs to run the ball more often. i think he lost a bit of confidence last year after mad dog graham injured him. i think he'll go well this year, behind a good forward pack. his kicking game is needed, but the five eighth does need to be more creative than he is, so keary has to do a good job, otherwise cody walker may take his spot..

That's right.

doyen

Bench

Both of our incumbent halves are at the crossroads at STHS.

This is a crucial year for Keary & Reynolds & their careers at Sths!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
images

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
doyen there is a few of the boys you mentioned above many of these guys i actually went to their farewell party at souths at the old club at redfern,im sure most of the boys here remember these past players..

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i remember when george piggins use to spin the wheel at souths around lunch time daily and george would always put his hand in his pocket to add to those prizes on the lucky wheel for the lucky ticket holders remember that doyen?or he would throw money on the bar for free drinks george was and still is a legend and a great man.

rabbitohs95

Bench

Honestly I reckon Maguire made Reynolds the player that he is today.

Don't get me wrong, I agree i'd like to see some magic from him in certain situations.

But looking at the way he played in the 20's, I don't think he would've had much of a first grade career had he debuted with John Lang.

He was a solid halfback, but didn't really have the kicking game that he does today, which of course is his staple.

If he develops a running game no doubt I think he'll have a few tricks in the bag. Needs to fix his running style it's like he does a fast waddle!

Stand Above the Rest With Us

Wed 13th January, 08:45AM
A A

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have the most passionate Membership base in the NRL, bar none.
With over 35,000 Members in 2015, ‘Standing Above the Rest’, ‘Strong and Proud Together’ it’s time to lift our support even more as we head into the 2016 season with the aim of having a 38,000-strong Membership base supporting our team.
This is a season that will see the continued rise of our young charges including the likes of Alex Johnston, Kyle Turner, George Burgess, Cameron McInnes, Kirisome Auva’a, Luke Keary, Thomas Burgess, Nathan Brown, Paul Carter, John Olive and Chris Grevsmuhl; the growing influence of senior players such as John Sutton, Adam Reynolds, Dave Tyrrell, Jason Clark and Bryson Goodwin; the entry to the squad of players like Damien Cook, Michael Oldfield, Hymel Hunt, and of course Sam Burgess; and the leadership of our custodian and captain, Greg Inglis.
If you are a Member who is yet to renew, now is the time for you to continue your support of the mighty men in the Red and Green.
If you’re yet to join the Rabbitohs’ Membership family, now is the time to become part of one of the most avid and active Membership bases in Australian sport.
Whether you’re from Redfern or Redcliffe, Botany or Bondi, Pagewood or Perth, Maroubra or Maroochydore, Little Bay or London, there are Membership packages to suit you, your family’s and your friends’ needs.
We ask you to ‘Stand Above the Rest’, with us.
We ask you to be ‘Strong and Proud Together’, with us.
2016 is shaping up as an exciting year, and we don’t want you to miss the ride!
To renew your Rabbitohs Membership, or to join for the first time, click here or call our Membership Team on 02 8306 9922 during business hours.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/01/13/stand_above_the_rest.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts