What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum II

Most Annoying Poster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Tea+Time+2099.jpg

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
southsport it has a special blend of herbal and anti stress qualities in each cup it may be right for you over the footy season to calm the nerves

doyen

Bench
i been supporting souths for 6 decades no contest i use to watch jimmy lisle,clive churchill,sattler,and co

Good to know there is someone else on here of my vintage.I've watched Sths from about 1954;when I was 10 yrs old!!

20 yrs ago one could question me on RL in general & I would back myself to know the answer---but at 72 yrs[6th Jan] there are some grey areas.

I can still hold my own on trivia but I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
doyen i am sure you would remember the little chap with the moustache selling peanuts at the scg in 1957?he looked of ethnic background we would pass the coins thru the crowd where we usually sat on the grass hill just below the southern eastern scoreboard at the scg and he would pass down those hot clear plastic bags of peanuts those were the days doyen i wonder if he is still around?thats when mum and dad had a cold beer and pie and the crowds were 70k approx against stgeorge in particular..

doyen

Bench
doyen i am sure you would remember the little chap with the moustache selling peanuts at the scg in 1957?he looked of ethnic background we would pass the coins thru the crowd where we usually sat on the grass hill just below the southern eastern scoreboard at the scg and he would pass down those hot clear plastic bags of peanuts those were the days doyen i wonder if he is still around?thats when mum and dad had a cold beer and pie and the crowds were 70k approx against stgeorge in particular..

They sure were the days--we were lucky to be part of that magnificent era!! I was lucky enough to be born & bred a Rabbitoh;my first 21 yrs growing up in Botany! 5 yrs at Cleveland St. High in Redfern. At 21 yrs was married & off to the bush teaching for the following 35 yrs.

Yes,I can vaguely remember the peanut man & the various other vendors who sold their food at the ground!!

I used to love the old footy programmes too & the "Doubles" purchased for sixpence to win CASH; on the first scorer from each team. They were a small piece of cardboard stapled together with the number of a player from each team. You won the cash if the two numbers you had were those two first scorers. A hard working member of the club would wander through the crowd selling these doubles!! The club basically ran on chicken raffles in those times.

Players like Churchill,Honeysett,Doherty,Donohue,Cowie,Purcell,Rayner,Hammerton--WOW!!

If you passed coins through the crowd these days some bugger would pocket them!

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
doyen lol i remember the doubles well how about that wow that rattled my brain for a moment,hey do you remember i think it was against stgeorge and someone let a white rabbit loose on the scg or was it against balmain when dennis tutty played that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts