What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHCP

Bench
It's finally happened. BunniesMan has no other members left to argue with, so he's started arguing with himself.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
If you forfeit you lose it's as simple as that, if not it is like golf you have a countback or go for for and against we win again.Full stop end of story, will someone please close this stupid post.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1909, such a great year, the liberal party did not exist, Greg Inglis would have been shot at, The germans were about to attack for the first time.

So relevent and meaningful.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I forgot to mention, no one here was born, St. George did not exist nor Illawarra.

Females could not vote, steam trains were awesome, Willow was a young man, and bunniesmen was sperm in his great, great dads balls.

Glebe was strong, Victoriania started thier silly game, and Bradman was just born.
Great times.

Galeforce

Bench
non worthy of debate.
it is done , discussed at the time , officially won , recorded , and on the records books and noone from the time is alive today.
I never heard anyone discuss it before , going back to the 1960's ,when folks from the time were still alive. DEAD discussion

Galeforce

Bench
folks
as we know there are idiots on the forum , who have NO passion for their team and jealous of folks with passion and jealous of folks who can support a team like Souths , even after going through most unsuccessful period of Souths glorious history.

Anyway these TROLLS , best be ignored and just called out for what they are .

Muzby , arseface and dribbles contantly , like stepping on dog turd , you know.
Loudstrat , the distorting blabberer , tries to show a "intellectual side" , worst waste of space.
PouPou , affectionally called Poo , likes to leave his mark everywhere, easy to spot.
BunniesMen , confusing , anyway a specific Troll to discredit Souths supporters.probably one of the above.

I recommend we should ignore these and just respond with "Troll " in future.

RL1908

Bench
Under the rules at the time, wins/draws in the play-offs continued to add points to the premiership table.

(Read that twice!)

Under the rules at the time, wins/draws in the play-offs continued to add points to the premiership table.

Souths entered the semi-finals two points ahead of Balmain on the premiership table tally.

After both won their semi-final, Souths & Balmain were set to meet in the "Final".

However, as Souths were still 2 points ahead of Balmain on the premiership table, the "Final" would only decide the premiership if Souths won (thus being 4 points clear) or the match was drawn (Souths thus being 3 points clear).

If Balmain won then they would join Souths on the same premiership points tally, and a Grand Final needed to split them (and a replay GF if a draw).

So, in effect, if Balmain had not forfeited, but turned up and beat Souths, they would have had to beat them again the next Saturday to win the premiership.

Given in 1908 and 1909 Souths had never lost two games in a row, Balmain figured they had more to gain by forfeiting.

See: "The Balmainiacs of 1909"

jackb

Juniors
Can't change history - we won in 1909 and thats all there is to it.

I am more concerned with this forum and the now! Where is Dave Q?

If Dave Q has been shut down I am out of here. He deals with the st.merge turds better than anyone else and without him the lowlife will ooze in. Just like one of thosr horror films like the blob. The likes of burnsie will become muzby and will keep oozing because of their inferiority complex. They are jealous, bitter and mixed up due to their merge and Dave is the best to deal with the low life merged scum.

Without Dave I have no desire to read the negative scum remarks from the dragqueen supporters. I will wait and see if Dave gets back otherwise - se you fellas and good luck in dealing with the scum!

boonboon

Juniors
As a Tigers fan I don't think we deserve to get the premiership because we didn't win - but what we did get was what Souths will never have self respect

JetRider

Juniors
As a Tigers fan I don't think we deserve to get the premiership because we didn't win - but what we did get was what Souths will never have self respect

That is funny, remember the 69 grand final where Tigers kept slowing the game down with supposed injuries. I guess that does not count because as the previous example was in the rules of the day.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The football gods cursed souffs that day, never again have they beaten balmain in a grand final
And never again will Balmain play in a grand final. As much as I hate Balmain for 1909, I felt sad when they sold out and merged...with ANOTHER foundation club, ruining two in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.