What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

Garts

Bench
Seems like a real nice guy etc etc but wanting to quit because he is homesick is piss weak imo. Its not like he is on the otherside of the f**king world. Is he a 8 year old child. I just do not understand it, players have such a short career he can always go home then or at the end of his current contract.

sooperdooper

First Grade
I just have to laugh at the bulldogs great self advertising of 'the family club'
How is it the family club? Because a few peoples partners are all Pregnant?
Becuase you try to sign players from other clubs non stop?
Because players want to leave?

Hannant is obviously mentally weak, you dont want a player like that anyway.
Send him to the burleigh bears and make his miss out on playing in the NRL and SOO

As for 'hannant doesnt strike me as that type of guy'
Well he left the roosters to go home... had a few great seasons at the broncos and the money gates opened, he turned his back on the broncos and chased the money at the dogs.
now he wants out? toughen up hannant you sook

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
f**k hes a little bitch. Wayne Bennett has a family and DISABLED SON living in Queensland while he lives in Wollongong. He visits them as often as he can. But you don't hear him bitching about it. I hope you don't cry when you get tackled tonight. Keep a tissue in your shorts just in case Ben.

Sleep

Juniors
I've seen Bennett with his son around Wollongong. I'd imagine they travel down when he can't make it up.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Typical Queenslander, soft as butter.

especially during the last 4 origin campaigns

a lot of players leave contracts due to homesickness, he aint the first person to find nsw difficult to live (i've only ever lived here so it seems normal to me). shame for the dogs, but i hope if he does go back to qld he isnt paid more than he was at the bulldogs

Patorick

Staff member
Whambulance.jpg

Danish

Referee
Whats with all the talk of Hannant being some strict morman?? Mormans don't do well away from their family. Mormans have to have this etc etc.

The bloke won $200K on a f**king scratchie. Pretty sure mormans aren't suppposed to gamble.

The bloke plays footy on sundays. Pretty sure mormans aren't supposed to work on the sabbath.

The bloke has been playing footy his whole young life. Pretty sure mormans are supposed to take a couple years off doing missionary work.

He is as morman as I am a bloody souths fan.

Danish

Referee
Yeah...when he was at the chooks (like 2004/5) he bought a scratchie....he won a free ticket....he then scratched the free ticket for 200k.

I think his parents tried to make him donate it to the church too.

Don't know if he actually did or not.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i remember when he signed with the dogs, apparently that was the same year luke lewis did the about face on souths, and i rememebr hearing that the day after he signed with the dogs he went back to the broncos and told them he wanted to get out of it and use that clause that lewis later used. for one reason or another the broncos didnt go for it and he staye dwith the dogs

drake

First Grade
On the money he's on, hire a f**king nanny. He's not some poor schlep doing a nine to five and struggling to pay the ridiculous prices of child care.

What is it with Queenslanders and getting homesick? fair dinkum, I get homesick when I get to Queensland, but that's because it's a boring sh*thole.

miccle

Bench
FMD, seriously? People see Izzy and Hannant getting homesick and automatically throw a state-related jibe in there? Pretty clearly family/religous set-ups for sure.

I can understand Ben being homesick, as I too would hate to be away from my wife & kids. But that's the choice that he made - he took the extra money knowing that there would be downsides. He needs to suck it up.

I'm starting a new job in two weeks and it will mean longer hours away from my family, but that's a decision I'm making because there's so much extra cash in it! There's always positives and negatives.

Raider_69

Post Whore
On the money he's on, hire a f**king nanny. He's not some poor schlep doing a nine to five and struggling to pay the ridiculous prices of child care.

What is it with Queenslanders and getting homesick? fair dinkum, I get homesick when I get to Queensland, but that's because it's a boring sh*thole.

mate its something in the water, i dont know a single QLD who doesnt rave about the place and wish they could be back there, for the life of me i cant figure it out, i've been there, sydney, canberra and melbourne it'd rank dead f**king last on that list... yes, worse than canberra

i cant stand the place but QLDers dont ever want to leave

Hanscholo

Bench
If this is true and that's a big if, Hannant needs to man the hell up and honor his commitments and contractual agreements. Don't move interstate for the big bucks in the first place if you're gonna get homesick and realize the grass isn't as green on the other side.

Its only right that he sees out his contract, as agreed. f**k its not that hard moving to another city for work, a lot of people do it. If you dont see it as an opportunity then you probably arent going to do well in your career anyway.

The Colonel

Immortal