What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopes grow of Rabbitohs' return to boutique Redfern

insider

Juniors
i dont know
if its what the black people want, then they should get it

but at least make it a 14.500k stadium

how much does it seat now?

girvie

Staff member
Interestingly, some directors feel they have a moral obligation to North Sydney not to invade the Gosford turf.

"North Sydney got dudded by the NRL," one director said. "They are a great club which contributed to the game and it would be immoral to take away their glimmer of hope by moving to where they want to be."

The Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union (CFMEU), which has imposed a "red and green" ban on Redfern Oval preventing any demolition work, has also received a letter from the Bears asking for support.

Papa, a CFMEU official, said: "Norths got a raw deal. They've sought our support and have it."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Seano said:
Which carrot is that? $8m? laugh
Why would Souths move for $8,000,000 when they raise around $5,000,000 annually in sponsorship in Sydney?

Souths are finally getting their act together and it is scaring a lot of people

Yes, we are scared - scared of the damage and embarrassment Souths bring to Australia's premiere winter football competition.

Hurry up and go to QLD/SA/WA.

girvie

Staff member
MightySharks said:
The bears are gone for ever, right or wrong this is a fact.Move on!
Move on?
Stop supporting the team I love?

No chance.

p.s. The Bears aren't gone for ever. They play in four competitions this year.

Seano

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Yes, we are scared - scared of the damage and embarrassment Souths bring to Australia's premiere winter football competition.

haha yeah whatever - wait and see.

Im confident that Richo, Pappas and Bomber can bring us success. There wont be anything better than a strong Rabbitohs team and not only for Souths fans.

Mixing some of our strong local juniors into a team with experienced successful players like Orford or Anasta for example will be another fairytale story for Rugby League - much like the Cowboys of 2004.

MightySharks

Bench
girvie said:
Move on?
Stop supporting the team I love?

No chance.

p.s. The Bears aren't gone for ever. They play in four competitions this year.

Then post in the NSWRL forum. This is a NRL forum a competition the Bears don't or never will play in so you need not post in here!

Seano said:
haha yeah whatever - wait and see.

Im confident that Richo, Pappas and Bomber can bring us success. There wont be anything better than a strong Rabbitohs team and not only for Souths fans.

Mixing some of our strong local juniors into a team with experienced successful players like Orford or Anasta for example will be another fairytale story for Rugby League - much like the Cowboys of 2004.

You'd fit in well with the British Rugby League fans.

They've lived off the back off false hople for decades as well! :lol:

smeghead

Bench
I would love to see the Tigers play the Bunnies at Redfern. I think it would be great for all the older stadiums to be refurbished. I am just cynical until I see it

Big Bunny

Juniors
Tamazoid said:

You're sounding a lot like nospam49 these days. Bit of a shame really.

Big Bunny

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
You'd fit in well with the British Rugby League fans.

They've lived off the back off false hople for decades as well! :lol:

You'd know wouldn't you. You've jumped from bandwagon to bandwagon. Widnes, Wigan, UTC.. who are you going to throw your false hopes behind next?

I sincerely wish you'd grow up.

Timbo

Staff member
Tidus_Raider said:
It's a pitty that NSW's politicians aren't as helpful to the states #1 code like the QLD govt is. They are building Gold Coast a new fricken stadium...

That's a bit of a harsh call.

SE QLD as it stands only has 2 state of the art rectangular venues (Suncorp and Ballymore).

Central NSW has Aussie, Telstra, Parramatta, Central Coast, Penrith, WIN...

It'd be rediculous to spend $20 Million on another one when the hospitals and schools are in the state they're in.

girvie

Staff member
MightySharks said:
Then post in the NSWRL forum. This is a NRL forum a competition the Bears don't or never will play in so you need not post in here!

This thread concerns the Bears more than it concerns the Sharks. I can post here if i like.

MightySharks

Bench
girvie said:
This thread concerns the Bears more than it concerns the Sharks. I can post here if i like.

How did you come up with that?Cronulla will be playing Souths next Saturday in the NRL. You will be playing PL.This is a NRL forum.

Big-Steve

Juniors
MightySharks said:
How did you come up with that?Cronulla will be playing Souths next Saturday in the NRL. You will be playing PL.This is a NRL forum.

He's right. I see no mention of the Sharks in the above articles but I do see the Bears mentioned AND in relation to an NRL side.

It's time to go - GrumpySharks

MightySharks

Bench
Big-Steve said:
He right. I see no mention of the Sharks in the above articles but I do see the Bears mentioned AND in relation to an NRL side.

It's time to go - GrumpySharks

Trust me I am not grumpy I am travelling up to Brisbane this week to watch the equal 2nd place Sharks V the 1st place Broncos in front of 25-30k in a world class stadium. What will you be doing watching PL on a round oval in front of the players friends and family.

girvie

Staff member
MightySharks said:

The article is about football grounds, not football.

westie

Bench
MightySharks said:
About a team that plays in the NRL you don't! What are you doing this weekend?

Give up buddy. You know you're wrong. The bears are far more relevant to this topic than the Sharks and as such you have now reverted to childish claims that your team is superior. I can do this as well - what was the score at Campbelltown the other week?

Big-Steve

Juniors
MightySharks said:
About a team that plays in the NRL you don't! What are you doing this weekend?

Look mate the article talks about North Sydney being involved in the NRL as the CCBears. The article DOES NOT mention the Bears Premier League side which for those interested keepted the Walker brothers scoreless on the weekend.

You need to move on mate.

Chill out.

take a break!

Anything.

Just drop it

Please

With sugar on top;-)