What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoppa

Chipmunk

Coach
Agreed, defence has been our downfall all season as our for/against clearly demonstrates. 2nd half last week and 1st half today were deplorable, if we didn't leak so much there wouldn't be so much pressure on our attack all the time. Hopefully Arthur will fix that pre season.

It's easier said that done. Defence is all about attitude.

Chipmunk

Coach
He did reduce our points against from 740 to 580 in one offseason

That's partially due to the fact that the previous coach gave up on his playing group after 4 rounds. It would be pretty hard to have a worse attitude than what we had last year.

Our attitude has improved most of the time, but what is our defence statistics away from Pirtek?

It was something like an average of 30 points away from Pirtek in the middle of the season, I doubt that figure improved too much.

oldmancraigy

Coach
That's partially due to the fact that the previous coach gave up on his playing group after 4 rounds. It would be pretty hard to have a worse attitude than what we had last year.

Our attitude has improved most of the time, but what is our defence statistics away from Pirtek?

It was something like an average of 30 points away from Pirtek in the middle of the season, I doubt that figure improved too much.

I think points against inside and outside sydney would be an interesting stat!

guruminga

Juniors
Morgan goes ok, you can't have superstars in each position but he shouldn't be paired with semi. Morgan can't pass that well, actually he is terrible, semi needs the ball, he only needs a small amount of room to make a break but Morgan is in capable of doing it.

Semi (if he is able to switch sides) should be paired with hoppa (better at passing) next year. But then hoppa hasn't been that good at beating his man to put his winger into space.

I agree with this. Morgs is ok, but man I've been frustrated lately watching for him to give a quick pass to Semi like Hoppa was doing earlier in the year to his winger. I'm not sure if Morgs thinks he can get through the line himself, or he just forgets Semi's there.

G

guruminga

Juniors
Wingers don't need to be able to pass? Semi Radradra passed the ball 10 times tonight (with a LBA). Sio passed seven times.

Morgan passed eight times, including a try assist.

I reckon half of Semi's passes came out of Dummy Half when Morgs took the tackle. Like Josh said, it's not that we need ball-playing centres, we just need a centre paired up with Semi that can pass. Imagine how many tries he would have scored if he had Tonga all year inside him?

G

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well it's not all about Semi Radradra and how many tries he can score. If our best centre option on his side isn't a ball player then it's just bad luck for Semi. He still made huge metres yesterday. Let some other merkin score the tries.

Anyway I'm certain Hopoate will play on the left next year. What a sight to see!

Gronk

Staff member
I know he's been playing injured, but gee Hoppa was horrible on Sat.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Morgan doesn't have to be a ball player to pass the ball.

All NRL players should be capable of passing a f**king football.

Gronk

Staff member
Morgan doesn't have to be a ball player to pass the ball.

All NRL players should be capable of passing a f**king football.

Yeah I don't rate Morgan. Won't pass the ball and struggles to beat a man. He has a nice step but then finds himself off balance, so he can't go on with it (like say Jennings).

He will only ever be a fillin FGer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who are you saying can't pass?

Morgan passed the ball for Hayne's second try on Saturday. Ergo, he can pass.

way to miss the point

you said Morgan wasn't a ball player and I said he doesn't need to be just to be bale to pass a ball, or at least he shouldn't have to be but he still fails in that area, his passing is terrible which is obviously why he hardly ever passes the ball, I'd say he probably doesn't have much confidence in his passing ability

way to miss the point

you said Morgan wasn't a ball player and I said he doesn't need to be just to be bale to pass a ball, or at least he shouldn't have to be but he still fails in that area, his passing is terrible which is obviously why he hardly ever passes the ball, I'd say he probably doesn't have much confidence in his passing ability

Agree

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or just more confidence in his running.

Passing is always more risky. If you tuck the ball under your arm and engage the defence you won't turn the ball over.

We have plenty of passers out wide. Probably too many.

Or just more confidence in his running.

Passing is always more risky. If you tuck the ball under your arm and engage the defence you won't turn the ball over.

We have plenty of passers out wide. Probably too many.

Dude to be a 3/4 you've at least got to know how to make room with footwork and then a deft pass that puts your winger away. Tonga and Tahu could do this. All the good 3/4 no how to pass. Morgan is shit at it. If anything I'd chuck him out on the wing in reserve grade, put some
Blinkers on him and say "run forest run"

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Plenty of centres think run before pass. You merkins are stupid and looking for another scapegoat.

Morgan's been a better centre than Hopoate for weeks now. But geez Hoppa can pass the ball...

Latest posts