What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoppa

Gronk

Staff member
If I had to choose, I'd go Buddhist. Never met a buddist that wasn't a nice person.

Alternatively this bloke might be on to something with the multiple wives thing however.

lingard

Coach
Sorry to keep banging on, Barry asked me to cite a couple of pieces of evidence.

Hey Barry,

Without getting into it too much, here's a couple of historian's writings corroborating the existence of Jesus.

(Flavius Josephus, first century Jewish historian)

(Cornelius Tacitus, first century historian)

There's really no debate that he existed and was well known for his teaching and actions. But that's not the confronting or contentious thing about it all. The question is - was he/is he who he said he was?
And if you look at what he was reported to have said, it's worth asking was he a liar, a lunatic or was he really the son of God as he claimed to be?

Just to be clear after Lingards nice words, I am a Christian, but I'd hate for you mob to feel like I was bible-bashing you. You're all big enough and ugly enough to make up your own minds; even Ram.

G

When asking if he was a liar or a lunatic, I'd just like to say that there is apparently no written evidence of schizophrenia beyond about two hundred years ago. I can't absolutely prove that, but I have heard it quite a number of times. The other mental illness that would be most likely to lead someone to believe that they were the son of God, would be a manic illness or Bi-Polar Disorder. I've no idea whether or not such disorders were common or even in existence in those days. There are a number of 'researchers who believe that most mental illnesses are relatively modern-day phenomena, however.

lingard

Coach
Some of the ridiculous posts on here trying to justify your imaginary friend is just total dumb arse.

Faith is not prof of anything. Give a skerrick of evidence or just stop crapping on.

Ram, it's a bit like sitting next to a cool stream on a hot summer day, and asking someone to prove to you that if you jump into it you'll feel refreshed. It can't actually be done. But that doesn't mean that the people who do jump in and feel refreshed are delusional. Doesn't mean you're a dick either. Doesn't mean anything.

Daneel

Bench
Ram, it's a bit like sitting next to a cool stream on a hot summer day, and asking someone to prove to you that if you jump into it you'll feel refreshed. It can't actually be done. But that doesn't mean that the people who do jump in and feel refreshed are delusional. Doesn't mean you're a dick either. Doesn't mean anything.

I'm pretty sure it means rams a dick, I'm pretty sure everything means rams a dick

yy_cheng

Coach
i turned the f**kin jinx .... damn me!!! :fist:

Prick. You should posted something about Peter instead.

For thou art Peter, upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hades will not stand against it. I give to thee, thy keys to the kingdom of heaven.......

EelsFan05

Bench
Hoppa is carrying a serious shoulder complaint which I believe could require surgery after the season. This is going to impact on another preseason for him unfortunately.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
definitely a problem with his shoulder, he not only fell off a few, he never even bothered to try and tackle towards the end

zipzip man

Juniors
Idiotic thread this one. His skills are sublime you idiot - and his defence is superb . Watch the game properly.

I think you're the idiot and you should watch the game properly!

He's been on fire hasn't he...?

Oh well I'm used to this shit with this team :crazy: