What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston busted for drugs

shane1970

Juniors
Is it really that big of a shock in the end though?

With Wicks here I instantly assumed there would have been others involved.

The disappointing thing is we have moved on from Wicks and now this with the season just under a fortnight away. Would have been good to get it all done last December.
That's what PISSES me off with the coppers - Wicks was bailed NOT to communicate with Houso - so they obviously had some sort of evidence to assume ( no not assume obvioulst implicate him in a criminal offence) that he was involved as well and could possibly be charged along with Wicks - That info was revealed to the public (including his name). Now after dealing with the shoclk of the wicks crap and everything sort of settling down they NOW bring this one out on everyone and just totally de-rail the seaon ahead.
I know it's not for the wallopers to worry about what is but I have to ask why wasn't this dealt with earlier???????
Not waiting for transcript crap from the telephone intercepts obtained from there house - If they had enough 'inkling' in the first instance to name him as an associate and NOT to be communicated with then SURELY somethig should have been dealt with a LOT earlier

S.R.

Juniors
From a Sharks fan coming off the season from hell, I hope you guys and your club pull through this whole thing OK.

It sucks having your club dragged through sh!t because of 1 or 2 players.

Good luck with it all guys. Heads up. Get behind your team. They need it.

Alex28

Coach
He can't be sacked straight away - the facts have got to come out, he has to have his right of reply. I'm disappointed that he potentially deceived the club when they came out and said the rest of the team was clean - and depending on what happens the club needs to deal with that. He can't be seen as deceiving the club and keeping his job as though nothing's happened - if he indeed stays.

His potential, nor the fact another club could pick him up should not be factors in whether we eventually punt him or not. If we want dickheads in the club - let him stay. If we don't - then he has to go. Young or not, mistake or not. If it comes out he knew what he was doing and risked both his and the clubs reputation, then he has to go.

In saying that we have no idea of the circumstances. Maybe he was dropping something off for Wicks not knowing what was in whatever he was dropping off. We have no idea.

shane1970

Juniors
I'm most annoyed that he didn't come clean to the club after Wicks went down and the police said in court they had information on another player within the club. He allowed the club to go along saying the right things and do the right things knowing he was likely to go down as well. He's dragged the club through the mud AGAIN.

Incredibly disappointed.
Who's to say he didn't??????????
Remember after the Wicks scandal broke and they offered everyone the opportuinty to come forward??????? Perhaps he did!!!!! What would you want the Club to do????? Go to the media and say - Yes we have had another player come forward and implicate their involvement!!!!!!!!!! Come on - get real!!!!!!!!!! And tell me how has HE dragged the Club throught eh mud AGAIN???????

Magpies_74

Juniors
What timing hey...Feel for the Knights supporters..I know how I'd feel if it was Wests..Will it be the Last? Thought all was quite after Wicks!!!

shane1970

Juniors
i'm absolutely super pissed off. he's been sitting on this for months... and he should have fallen on his own sword when wicksy did.
And as you - or anyone else would. When everyone was given the opportunity to come forward after Danny was first arrested and there was the notion that other players were involved who is to say that Chris didn't go to the Club and the board and say that he was or may be implicated. But why would you fall on your sword to the WHOLE PUBLIC OF THE WORLD if there ws just the SLIGHTEST chance you might get off or not even be charged. How would you look then!!!!!!!!

shane1970

Juniors
Pretty pissed off that he never owned up when given the chance months ago, he's lied to his team mates, fans and the NRL. Piss him off now. I really hope there are no more, but I was told months ago to expect at least 3 or four more players to be involved so lets hold our breath and cross our fingers that proves to be wrong.
See my above posts!!!!!!!!!about him not owning up or coming forward!!!!

shane1970

Juniors
honestly, i have a feeling (and was told as much a couple of months ago, but simply didn't believe it) that house has been implicated to some degree since the start.

i can't back it up, i DEFINITELY can't reveal a source... but something tells me this has been coming for a while now.
Not that hard to work out seeing as though part of Wick's bail conditions were for him to NOT contact Houston!!!!!!!!

Alex28

Coach
Who's to say he didn't??????????
Remember after the Wicks scandal broke and they offered everyone the opportuinty to come forward??????? Perhaps he did!!!!! What would you want the Club to do????? Go to the media and say - Yes we have had another player come forward and implicate their involvement!!!!!!!!!! Come on - get real!!!!!!!!!! And tell me how has HE dragged the Club throught eh mud AGAIN???????
Keyboard broken mate?

Take a look at every media website tonight. Lots of positive media for the club tonight champ?

If he came clean to the club, they wouldn't have been in crisis meetings this afternoon figuring out how to handle the situation. They would have already had a plan.

My guess is the club had no idea even after the interviewed Houston when Wicks was arrested. If that is the case, and that he knew what he was doing when he was dealing the drugs, then he has brought the club in to disrepute.

Alex28

Coach
Maybe ONE big one!!!!!!!
I reckon you should probably back this up or remove it. It's more than speculation - it's narrowing it down to one of the top players we have in the club.

Plus your overuse of punctuation marks is beyond annoying.

shane1970

Juniors
Keyboard broken mate?

Take a look at every media website tonight. Lots of positive media for the club tonight champ?

If he came clean to the club, they wouldn't have been in crisis meetings this afternoon figuring out how to handle the situation. They would have already had a plan.

My guess is the club had no idea even after the interviewed Houston when Wicks was arrested. If that is the case, and that he knew what he was doing when he was dealing the drugs, then he has brought the club in to disrepute.
No it's NOT CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ofcourse it's positive media for the Club - they have done the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were they ever gonns come off smelling like your underpants!!!!!!!!!!
They were in crisis meetings because he was charged and then it becomes PUBLIc information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And as you even said it is only your GUESS - CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't you think that maybe they had a plan that IF AND WHEN he did get charged that they would respond in a certain way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shane1970

Juniors
I reckon you should probably back this up or remove it. It's more than speculation - it's narrowing it down to one of the top players we have in the club.

Plus your overuse of punctuation marks is beyond annoying.
I reckon you should keep your judgments or 'guesses' as you put it earlier to yourself !!!!!!!!!!!- I haven't nominated a name - IT IS MORE THAN SPECUALTION - as you say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Enough punctuation marks for you champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oops sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex28

Coach
I reckon you should keep your judgments or 'guesses' as you put it earlier to yourself !!!!!!!!!!!- I haven't nominated a name - IT IS MORE THAN SPECUALTION - as you say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Enough punctuation marks for you champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oops sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Houston (or more likely Wicksy) has dropped stuff off to you before hasn't he...

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Big Tim

First Grade
????????!!!!!!!!!!???????????
??????!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!??????

This thread is going to be epic... wait a few minutes guys, I got to go out and get some popcorn. My Playstation is rooted, so this is my entertainment.

Latest posts