What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston busted for drugs

shane1970

Juniors
If it was me I'd stay quiet until I had something to back me up. You get no more kudos around here coming up with a massive scoop on something you can't prove. If anything, if it doesn't come off you just look like a dickhead.

You've potentially slandered the top 4 or 5 players in the squad already. Whether you have any proof or not doesn't really matter...
Back me up - well - enough said already! And as for kudos - Iain't after kudos dear alex - it AINT no massive scoop - everyone already knows that if you come out from underneath your rock - and I cant look like a dickhead sir - beacuse you are the biggest 'knob' here - you have it all!
And if you believe I have slandered the top 4 or 5 players as you state then you are part and parcel as to why this World is a 'soft' and 'pedantic' place it is - with mindsets like yours it's no doubt we are soft

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
????????!!!!!!!!!!???????????
??????!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!??????

This thread is going to be epic... wait a few minutes guys, I got to go out and get some popcorn. My Playstation is rooted, so this is my entertainment.

a little exercise never hurt anyone

Back me up - well - enough said already! And as for kudos - Iain't after kudos dear alex - it AINT no massive scoop - everyone already knows that if you come out from underneath your rock - and I cant look like a dickhead sir - beacuse you are the biggest 'knob' here - you have it all!
And if you believe I have slandered the top 4 or 5 players as you state then you are part and parcel as to why this World is a 'soft' and 'pedantic' place it is - with mindsets like yours it's no doubt we are soft
You claim there is one more player at least. A big one as you claim! So name him if you are so certain. Alex is right. Without the credentials to come out and prove what you claim then simply shut the f### up. You have been found out and you are not liking it. Maybe you learned something tonight about yourself and your conduct when hiding behnd internet anonymity. If your are not soft or pedantic tell us what it is that is such a revelation.

shane1970

Juniors
You claim there is one more player at least. A big one as you claim! So name him if you are so certain. Alex is right. Without the credentials to come out and prove what you claim then simply shut the f### up. You have been found out and you are not liking it. Maybe you learned something tonight about yourself and your conduct when hiding behnd internet anonymity. If your are not soft or pedantic tell us what it is that is such a revelation.
I claim one more ATLEAST? Show me where I say more? I'd name him him in a hearbeat if it wasn't for 'soft' and 'pedantic' people like yourself you jellyheart! And as I have said before I dont have to prove JACK sh*t to you or any other nuffy - and you know absolutely NOTHING about ay credentials I have ! I could be anyone!;-) I aint been found out and as a matter of fact I'M LOVING IT! Internet anonymity - I have a screen name what else can I disclose to you to make you happy treasure? Not totally anonymous - and I'm definetely NOT soft or pedantic that is why I won't or don't have to reveal anything to you - especially in a public forum - as if this is the place - it's killing you not knowing hey - but anyway jump on the bandwagon and log off again.

IanG

Coach
Just what we need. First we had the sh*t hit the fan just before Christmas now this. Timing of a West Indian batsman.

Serc

First Grade
:lol: @ the last few pages...lightened up my mood a little

PS: perverse your 'what-you-did-there-i-see-it' image doesn't work for the rest of us (just a placeholder)

Newynut

Juniors
f**k, what a way to bring a level to this. I just got a call to say my best mate has been admitted to the cardiac unit.....

Hanscholo

Bench
This is just it, I dont recall a lower point as a supporter of this club. You could take Wicks in your stride, shake your head and get on with it. With Houston, its a little harder to fathom and much harder to swallow. A very talented player, on the fringe of NSW selection and holding a leadership role within the side.

I guess this was forshadowed with the edict that Wicks cant associate with Houston. Back then i assumed Houston must have had some role to play in this, but i never thought it would have been a bad one.

In the fishbowel that is Newcastle, with the massive amount of inuendo and rumour that surrounds these guys, if in fact its true, how on earth did they expect they would get away with it? People are just lining up to bring these blokes down. I guess they never really got Newcastle, the second people think your better than them, they'll be lining up.

I am really disappointed with the club as well, its been one fiasco after another from finances, retention to player behaivour. And they still dont learn their lessons. Here they are not 4 weeks ago chasing after Mason, a player that has served a suspension in the past for a positive sample. I mean are these blokes serious?

Sponsors will walk over this, no doubt about it, and rightly so. Meanwhile the slowly self inflating human bean bag of a CEO will no doubt point fingers anywhere but where they are truely needed. The knights need to learn the lesson souths learnt, only recently. If you have sh*t in the front office, the rest will be sh*t as well.

Hanscholo

Bench
I'm most annoyed that he didn't come clean to the club after Wicks went down and the police said in court they had information on another player within the club. He allowed the club to go along saying the right things and do the right things knowing he was likely to go down as well. He's dragged the club through the mud AGAIN.

Incredibly disappointed.

Obviously they didnt have enough to charge him then, so something has come to light. Perhaps somebody rolled over, in a manner of speaking. In which case i cant blame houston for what he did, he was in a no win situation. Still doesnt excuse the fact he did it.

Hanscholo

Bench
As an Eels fan living in Newy I like to give you guys some stick..
But what has happen to you guys before the season has started is just rotten. Your club will get through this and come out stronger look at the Bulldogs now...

Subtle difference here my friend. The bulldogs cleaned house from the top down, we wont and are therefore destined to remain in the 9 years or so of utter sh*t we have had to deal with.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
Subtle difference here my friend. The bulldogs cleaned house from the top down, we wont and are therefore destined to remain in the 9 years or so of utter sh*t we have had to deal with.

I don't think I have seen a more negative and counter productive response on LU about anything.

Let me see your response to two employees of an organisation is to sack the CEO and the board. Thank god Optus doesn't think like you, I knew two guys who were dealing drugs out of the call centre at Optus and when they were discovered by Police, Chris Anderson (then CEO) managed to stay employed.

If you sack the CEO everytime an employee errors then you will never have a long service payout I guess.

You cannot always just blame the CEO or the board or the club front office staff.

Are you blaming them as they failed to find out he was involved at the same time as Wicks was arrested?
If so then you should have all of the NSW police dismissed as well. They also failed to find out Houso was involved at that time.

The Knights front of office staff are not police or detectives and as such they leave that kind of work to the guys who are

macavity

Referee
I don't think I have seen a more negative and counter productive response on LU about anything.

Let me see your response to two employees of an organisation is to sack the CEO and the board. Thank god Optus doesn't think like you, I knew two guys who were dealing drugs out of the call centre at Optus and when they were discovered by Police, Chris Anderson (then CEO) managed to stay employed.

If you sack the CEO everytime an employee errors then you will never have a long service payout I guess.

You cannot always just blame the CEO or the board or the club front office staff.

Are you blaming them as they failed to find out he was involved at the same time as Wicks was arrested?
If so then you should have all of the NSW police dismissed as well. They also failed to find out Houso was involved at that time.

The Knights front of office staff are not police or detectives and as such they leave that kind of work to the guys who are

Top post.

We had the necessary top office clean out a while back.

Whats Doing

Bench
The reason it has taken some weeks to charge Houston is that police don't charge players unless they have sufficient evidence (in their opinion) to prove their case in the courts. Whilst at the time of the Wicks drama, they may have had info on Houston but not enough at the time to charge Houston.

In regards to the long time to get it before the courts, this is not the police fault and is largely reliant on the space courts have to hear cases. If House is going to contest the matter, expect this to take 12 months or more due to the limited capacity there is in the court system.

antonius

Coach
Would you walk into Burraston's office, slap half a million on the table, and say 'fair cop, govner' - if you had a fair chance at getting off.
It's not like he could have salvaged something by being honorable - he would have been hung out to dry just as much.
See I don't think he would've thought that. I suppose it is too much to expect the bloke to do the right thing. Anyway however you look at it, this coming out two weeks before the season start has really put the screws on everyone else in the club, including the supporters. :(

I claim one more ATLEAST? Show me where I say more? I'd name him him in a hearbeat if it wasn't for 'soft' and 'pedantic' people like yourself you jellyheart! And as I have said before I dont have to prove JACK sh*t to you or any other nuffy - and you know absolutely NOTHING about ay credentials I have ! I could be anyone!;-) I aint been found out and as a matter of fact I'M LOVING IT! Internet anonymity - I have a screen name what else can I disclose to you to make you happy treasure? Not totally anonymous - and I'm definetely NOT soft or pedantic that is why I won't or don't have to reveal anything to you - especially in a public forum - as if this is the place - it's killing you not knowing hey - but anyway jump on the bandwagon and log off again.
The names please? You will have to do much better than that to rattle me. Your lilly livered response sums up your IQ really.

B-dos

Referee
Anyway however you look at it, this coming out two weeks before the season start has really put the screws on everyone else in the club, including the supporters. :(

this is exactly right and its quite telling to see others in this thread criticise others and project the 'we are better fans' attitude to those who are simply expressing their immense frustration and disgust at yet another kick in the guts for the supporters adn the club itself

i tend to agree that the charge is a minor one and average joe on the street would get a slap on the wrist but roopy youre in fantasy land with your 'natural justice' comments. fact of the matter is thie guy is in the spotlight, he is a public figure and he will not be treated like anonymous average joe. just look at the matthew johns debacle for evidence.

i also agree with those here who say we cannot blame the club in any way shape of form. im happy to express my disappointment at management on many issues however they cannot stop this type of behaviour no matter how hard they try.

id personally like to hold onto houston if we can. im certainly not keen for us to release him only for him to be picked up next year by another club. yeah of course the drama queens will complain about the message we are sending to all and sundry however fact of the matter is this will be forgotten in a few months time and if we can manage to keep one of our best players we should. that said - i doubt it will happen and if so wer just have to move on and look at new and better ways to spend the hundreds of thousands we'll have in the bank..

Yeah B'dos I have to agree depending on the charges........ And I suspect they will be minor. Houston must be kept, even if he is stood down for the season......

I am beggining to suspect it was just a case of taking a couple of orders for Wicks and maybe handing over the paperbag so to speak......