What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston busted for drugs

cityshark

Juniors
Seriously I feel for you guys , the media will be all over you . We have been through hell at the Sharks . Good luck.

perverse

Referee
This is going to make the Gidley injury that much more painful.

If there was one bloke in this club that was gonna pull this club out of the sh*t through on-field heroics and getting up the rest of the side it was him.

I'm seriously worried the others will just give up now with this on their mind and Kurt not there to drive them.
he's a natural leader on the field for sure... a big loss. always looked better in the second row than the front row... but could play prop well enough to fill in. it could be very easy for our blokes to just give up before they've started this year. i would be extremely unimpressed with the mental fortitude of our squad if that were to happen, but it's certainly a possibility.

if there was ever a time we needed mullen to step up, now is it. no more "he's got limitless potential"... it's this year or never for mullen.

i'm absolutely super pissed off. he's been sitting on this for months... and he should have fallen on his own sword when wicksy did.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I feel sorry for you guys. As fans.

The club is spiralling down a bad path and it doesn't deserve it.

Best of luck to you guys. Hopefully you can over come all of this crap.

perverse

Referee
Word around town is there are more to come
i'll be tempted to demand a refund for my membership if more players are involved.

i'm not even joking. 1 player getting away on the sly i can understand, 2 i can forgive... 3+ is practically a syndicate within the team. how inept can our club possibly be to have this going on under our noses?

antonius

Coach
Pretty pissed off that he never owned up when given the chance months ago, he's lied to his team mates, fans and the NRL. Piss him off now. I really hope there are no more, but I was told months ago to expect at least 3 or four more players to be involved so lets hold our breath and cross our fingers that proves to be wrong.

macavity

Referee
It's a minor charge on summons and he has co-operated all the way - giving evidence against Wicks - so you would have to think he is a chance at having no conviction recorded.
Probably the end of his footballing and teaching career over what was probably getting some drugs from Wicks for a few mates.
Big, big price to pay - 100 times the punishment most people would suffer for the same crime.

This.

I am shattered.

Except it wont be the end of his footballing career - we will sack him, and he will play for someone else next year guaranteed. My tips are either Raiders or Titans.

If there is any way we can get away with not sacking him, we should take it.

If sponsors were going to leave, they would have already. It will tarnish their brands more to leave than to stick tight.

roopy

Referee
Word around town is there are more to come
House was charged with supplying 3 Es and 1 coke - if they have more charges i'd say they would be for use - and i don't think the cops would bother - but it might come out in evidence.

Yosh

Coach
Crazy... So who's next? We've had a front rower, 2nd rower, so one of our hookers (pun intended)!

Anyways there is also currently 48 people online in our forums right now, most I've seen!

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
Crazy... So who's next? We've had a front rower, 2nd rower, so one of our hookers (pun intended)!

Anyways there is also currently 48 people online in our forums right now, most I've seen!

Man we thought you could give us some inside scoop, I thought they might have been selling you whatever it is you're on :)

DanTheEelMan

Juniors
As an Eels fan living in Newy I like to give you guys some stick..
But what has happen to you guys before the season has started is just rotten. Your club will get through this and come out stronger look at the Bulldogs now...

roopy

Referee
Pretty pissed off that he never owned up when given the chance months ago, he's lied to his team mates, fans and the NRL. Piss him off now. I really hope there are no more, but I was told months ago to expect at least 3 or four more players to be involved so lets hold our breath and cross our fingers that proves to be wrong.
Would you walk into Burraston's office, slap half a million on the table, and say 'fair cop, govner' - if you had a fair chance at getting off.
It's not like he could have salvaged something by being honorable - he would have been hung out to dry just as much.

perverse

Referee
This.

I am shattered.

Except it wont be the end of his footballing career - we will sack him, and he will play for someone else next year guaranteed. My tips are either Raiders or Titans.

If sponsors were going to leave, they would have already. It will tarnish their brands more to leave than to stick tight.
we should sack him on the spot, immediately.

sick of this soft c**k attitude... even i maintained it up until now... but enough is definitely enough. if you're going to be paid to play professional rugby league, stay away from the gear. it really is that simple.

if they want to quit their high profile, highly scrutinized and highly PAID jobs in favour of selling some drugs and doing a few lines, then that's cool, they can invite me too while they're at it, but ffs stop trying to do both. it simply isn't feasible in the game today and they are absolutely stupid muppets for even attempting to get away with it.

it's just happening too much, too often at our club. time to get out an axe and just start swinging it until they learn.

perverse

Referee
Would you walk into Burraston's office, slap half a million on the table, and say 'fair cop, govner' - if you had a fair chance at getting off.
It's not like he could have salvaged something by being honorable - he would have been hung out to dry just as much.
honestly, i have a feeling (and was told as much a couple of months ago, but simply didn't believe it) that house has been implicated to some degree since the start.

i can't back it up, i DEFINITELY can't reveal a source... but something tells me this has been coming for a while now.

Disagree.

P!ss him off, right now.

More than I need a successful club to support, I need a club that I am proud to support.

When mates hung sh!t on me in the wake of the Wicks debacle, I looked them right in the eye and said "He's gone. We don't tolerate that type of sh!t at the Knights". It gave me a reason to hold me head up as a Knights fan.

If they give Houso a slap on the wrist, they take that away. They undo all the good work they have done cleaning up the image of the club. They show that they have lowered their standards. They vindicate the opposition scumbags that shout "Drugcastle" at us at away games.

That can't do that to us.

C'mon, Roops. They're not called the Mollycoddlers. Aren't "Knights" meant to be a tad virtuous?

How are you supposed to cheer for this sh*t?

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
Disagree.

P!ss him off, right now.

More than I need a successful club to support, I need a club that I am proud to support.

When mates hung sh!t on me in the wake of the Wicks debacle, I looked them right in the eye and said "He's gone. We don't tolerate that type of sh!t at the Knights". It gave me a reason to hold me head up as a Knights fan.

If they give Houso a slap on the wrist, they take that away. They undo all the good work they have done cleaning up the image of the club. They show that they have lowered their standards. They vindicate the opposition scumbags that shout "Drugcastle" at us at away games.

That can't do that to us.

You cannot sack him now. At this stage he has been accused of something not found guilty.

If the Knights sacked him or cut his income etc and he is found not guilty then the Knights would be guilty of wrongful dismissal.

The justice sytem has to handle this before the Knights do anything at all

Latest posts