What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

DJShaksta

First Grade
Blake Austin played well today, I'd rather him as our half back than Robson ...

Like I said a few days ago in here, we should make enquiries.
Canberra after him bigtime apparently, just throw some $$ at him and show him the beach.

SadShark

Bench
Well, 2014 is the new benchmark, my felching friendly fellows. We can maintain it from here, anchored in concrete, firmly to the bottom of the ladder & sucking c**k, just like this club's supposed to.

Must say, it feels profoundly elating & ethereal, much like I do after my weekly, couple of mocha enemas. Oh & BTW, anyone responsible for this f**ken disgrace of a basket case club that reads this, can suck the hard particles, out of my bile, you excellent, fun-lovin' creatures.

Click2000

Juniors
It's just incredible how dumb they are, just thick useless f#cking idiots....

Robson kicking the ball straight into the Tigers player and Ayshfords penalty for some reason just f#cking pissed me off so much today, just dumb!! Prior again dropped the ball on the 1st tackle 10 metres out from our line !! You really don't need to be too intelligent to play in the NRL do you, fair dinkum.

Also on a different note can you believe about 4 clubs are chasing that merkin Russell Packer after he almost stomped a guy to death in Martin Place yet we lose f#cking Carney for a practical joke !! I swear if that pr#ck is aloud back into the comp and especially if he plays for Brisbane under that hypocrite Wayne Bennett, then I'll just give it up seriously, I'll walk into NRL headquarters and tell that Welsh merkin to go f**k himself !!

Jono Russell

Bench
How is it when ever we are huge underdogs we play like world beaters. Then we play like shit as favourites or slight underdogs. Something wrong with the mentality of this club when they have no will to back them selves when things start looking good again.

Since 73

First Grade
It's just incredible how dumb they are, just thick useless f#cking idiots....

Robson kicking the ball straight into the Tigers player and Ayshfords penalty for some reason just f#cking pissed me off so much today, just dumb!! Prior again dropped the ball on the 1st tackle 10 metres out from our line !! You really don't need to be too intelligent to play in the NRL do you, fair dinkum.

Also on a different note can you believe about 4 clubs are chasing that merkin Russell Packer after he almost stomped a guy to death in Martin Place yet we lose f#cking Carney for a practical joke !! I swear if that pr#ck is aloud back into the comp and especially if he plays for Brisbane under that hypocrite Wayne Bennett, then I'll just give it up seriously, I'll walk into NRL headquarters and tell that Welsh merkin to go f**k himself !!

Since 73

First Grade
If Blake Austin is the answer.... Pf**k!

No coincidence the only teams would be chasing him would be the bottom two.

taipan

Referee
Quade Cooper looks like being on the market:sarcasm:.The Sharks need a player with a Christian name starting with Q.It adds to the club's mystique.
Else we could try Quentin Dempster, or even Quincy Jones.
Could we do any worse than some of the recent purchases Prior(would be a fumbleball hit),Ayshford?
Every occasion I am about to see Prior receive the ball,I take a deep breath,and wish I wasn't there.

Quigs

Immortal
Quade Cooper looks like being on the market:sarcasm:.The Sharks need a player with a Christian name starting with Q.It adds to the club's mystique.
Could we do any worse than some of the recent purchases Prior(would be a fumbleball hit),Ayshford?
Every occasion I am about to see Prior receive the ball,I take a deep breath,and wish I wasn't there.

I'm available.

If I am shortlisted I will get out in the back yard and start practicing my hop, jump, hold the ball out in front, run a few paces and drop it.

With my D, I will turn my back,wave my arms around and shuffle backwards in the same imaginary direction that I think the attack will be coming from.

I won't have to practice my silky passing skills. All I will have to do is lock the pill under my shoulder, head down and run into a group of 3 waiting players.

Honestly I think I might be a shoe in and I am a 'Q'.

taipan

Referee
I'm available.

If I am shortlisted I will get out in the back yard and start practicing my hop, jump, hold the ball out in front, run a few paces and drop it.

With my D, I will turn my back,wave my arms around and shuffle backwards in the same imaginary direction that I think the attack will be coming from.

I won't have to practice my silky passing skills. All I will have to do is lock the pill under my shoulder, head down and run into a group of 3 waiting players.

Honestly I think I might be a shoe in and I am a 'Q'.

What about Quentin Bryce a,Queenslander ,,and she would be stiffer in defence than Ayshford,more capable in the open than Prior.Age wouldn't matter.Hell we are a retirement home as it is.

You don't need silky passing skills to play for the Sharks.Head down ,bum up and one out.It's written in the Flanno movie script.

You are indeed a Q ( a questionable leftie Quigs).

Special K

Coach
For a club who always bitches how forward heavy we are check out our squad for next year...

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. M.Brown
4. Feki
5. Gagan
6. F.Brown
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Tagataese
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen
14. Arona
15. Heighington
16. Tupou
17. Prior - FFS

18. Ayshford
19. Leutele
20. Politoni
21. Gardner?
22. D.Fifita
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

With Ryan, Carney, Morris and Lichaa leaving our squad it is clear we have cash. Added to that we have Vave, J.Wright, Gibbs, Holdsworth, Robinson, Roqica off contract or either retiring/not up to NRL quality to be moved on.

We need to re-sign Sopoaga imo. With so many guys off contract our squad depth for next year is brutal with the lack of purchases. Jack Bird, Blake Austin if available is a start as they can fill a few holes but we need more depth in prop. Plus both can help us if we get backrow injuries again like this year given Lewis, Tupou, Gallen, Heighno are all 30 +

We have zero prop depth when Fifita/Taga go off the field. Prior is still here next year but is f**king horrible. D.Fifita wouldn't be signed if his last name wasn't Fifita.

We need someone to put pressure of Jeff Robson. He will be 33 next year and there is zero planning for the future now Carney is gone. Robbo works hard but he doesn't suit the backline we are trying to build around Holmes, Gagan, Feki.

Leutele has played 35 NRL games now. He is becoming the new John Sutton of "potential".

Flanno is back in 10 days, I hope he has been doing his homework as we have MANY spots in our squad to fill. We have cap space but who is f**ken left? I hope he has a plan.

Last edited:

Pig Champion

Juniors

Watch Prior take a hit up. After he catches the ball he holds it quickly out in front of himself with both hands before hitting the defence. Very odd and I believe that could be why he loses possession.

taipan

Referee
Watch Prior take a hit up. After he catches the ball he holds it quickly out in front of himself with both hands before hitting the defence. Very odd and I believe that could be why he loses possession.

It's him getting to the point of trying to catch it that worries me.That is part A of his inability to attack.
If he happens to catch it,then as you say ,it's a bleeding lottery or an accident waiting to happen.

webShark

For a club who always bitches how forward heavy we are check out our squad for next year...

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. M.Brown
4. Feki
5. Gagan
6. F.Brown
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Tagataese
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen
14. Arona
15. Heighington
16. Tupou
17. Prior - FFS

18. Ayshford
19. Leutele
20. Politoni
21. Gardner?
22. D.Fifita
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

With Ryan, Carney, Morris and Lichaa leaving our squad it is clear we have cash. Added to that we have Vave, J.Wright, Gibbs, Holdsworth, Robinson, Roqica off contract or either retiring/not up to NRL quality to be moved on.

We need to re-sign Sopoaga imo. With so many guys off contract our squad depth for next year is brutal with the lack of purchases. Jack Bird, Blake Austin if available is a start as they can fill a few holes but we need more depth in prop. Plus both can help us if we get backrow injuries again like this year given Lewis, Tupou, Gallen, Heighno are all 30 +

We have zero prop depth when Fifita/Taga go off the field. Prior is still here next year but is f**king horrible. D.Fifita wouldn't be signed if his last name wasn't Fifita.

We need someone to put pressure of Jeff Robson. He will be 33 next year and there is zero planning for the future now Carney is gone. Robbo works hard but he doesn't suit the backline we are trying to build around Holmes, Gagan, Feki.

Leutele has played 35 NRL games now. He is becoming the new John Sutton of "potential".

Flanno is back in 10 days, I hope he has been doing his homework as we have MANY spots in our squad to fill. We have cap space but who is f**ken left? I hope he has a plan.

Some good points. IMO, prop depth is even thinner. Much as I like Taga , I don't think he is good enough for a starting prop. Adds depth only. Plays for us like he has played elsewhere. The odd bit of brilliance, followed by weeks of nothing. Like Leutele , Taga is living on potential. In Loots defence, I don't think any backs would flourish in our boring, grinding system. Feki has had a great year but scored few tries. It's bad enough being a Sharks fan but having to watch this defensive crap makes it harder. Won't change under Flanno. He will get a further 3 years if we lose a few early. I was sucked into following the Sharks in the Peachey,Rogers era. We never won anything but never failed to enjoy a day at the Footy. Now I rarely enjoy a Footy Day.

Ennis will make it worse. He will lose the captaincy and probably have little to say or contribute before retiring. He is one of the main reasons I no longer like the Dogs. You want entertainment you get Segeyaro. You won't boring, confrontational, grinding stuff you get Gall and Ennis. To make it worse, it has been just as unsuccessful as the attacking stuff. Just watched the 1988 finals game v Balmain. Lost 9-2 but we were a decent side. 2 international centres back then and we still couldn't score. Now Ayshford and Jono. As a side we have deteriorated big time. Ever since John Lang left we have got gradually worse.

Funny place. Take performance enhancers and come 13th.

Latest posts