What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Weaponhead

Coach
Robbo has his moments. But yeah someone like Carney who can kick the shit out of it is missing.
Would like to see Gordon in 5/8 at some stage.

Gordon has a limited passing game. If we don't recruit then it will be Robbo, Brown or Holdsworth. Unfortunately that is not good enough to compete in the NRL.

Gordon has a limited passing game. If we don't recruit then it will be Robbo, Brown or Holdsworth. Unfortunately that is not good enough to compete in the NRL.

I remember Noddy's kick and chase game, thats what we need a half back that chases his own kick and puts pressure on fullback i cant remember Robson chasing his own kick downfield and tackling the fullback

Weaponhead

Coach
Robbo is a courageous player who has done well to build a career from a fairly limited skill set. He served a purpose when we had Carney. Carney is history meaning we are now very weak in the halves, especially in terms of kicking and creating line breaks.

Hopefully, this can be addressed but quality halves aren't that easy to find.

webShark

I remember Noddy's kick and chase game, thats what we need a half back that chases his own kick and puts pressure on fullback i cant remember Robson chasing his own kick downfield and tackling the fullback

I remember Noddy's short kicking game. Nearly all found the legs of the defence. Useless. But he did chase.

What I've seen of Brown in lower grades his kicking is ok.

Plastered

Juniors
Robbo had a great season in 2012, where he actually made quite a difference in attack. Big part of that was having the bubbler next to him with teams double and triple marking Carney. Gave Robbo some more room for his trademark dummy to work. Last year, no Carney, and he was back to rank average. Still a great defender of course. Here's hoping Brown kicks on next year.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I have heard a rumour that Nathan Brown is in the picture for a coaching role at the Sharks . Not sure if its as assistant or possible head coach or it could be total BS, but he's available and just achieved success.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Yes, as a player he was very savvy in attack - like Kevvie Walters - under-rated, but very, very good.

Head Coach (Manager) - Flanno, if we have to have him
Defence - Steve Price, even though I don't like him
Attack - Nathan Brown

Surely we could get some improvement with that coaching team.

We all liked Shep's style, though, so he would be welcome to stay at the top level if we can arrange it!

But could we afford to hire all three?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yes, as a player he was very savvy in attack - like Kevvie Walters - under-rated, but very, very good.

Head Coach (Manager) - Flanno, if we have to have him
Defence - Steve Price, even though I don't like him
Attack - Nathan Brown

Surely we could get some improvement with that coaching team.

We all liked Shep's style, though, so he would be welcome to stay at the top level if we can arrange it!

But could we afford to hire all three?

I don't think the club could afford all 3.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Do you think he would accept an assistant role? Thought he may have got the Tigers gig. He can wait cos someone will get sacked.

No idea Webby. There's been a lot of decent coaches that have bode their time as assistants, till their opportunity comes up. More a question of whether he wants to jump straight into the fire with us...

Flanno has a 3 year deal, if we were to start next year with 4 losses in a row would the board then pull the trigger and sack him, or knowing us will they just stick it out with Flanno.

We seem so disorganised at the moment.

Flanno is he back or not
Brown has he been approached for any role
Price the same as Brown
Sheppard What roles does he have ?
Morris same as Shepp

Honestly who would want to sign with us at the moment considering they coaching situation