What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

chewsta

First Grade
Is that for next year or year after?

Can't imagine the Cowboys not signing him up by now.

Yeah your probably right there Cardy. I heard it briefly on the wireless this morning mate, didnt catch all the details but Id say it is for 2016.

Card Shark

Immortal
@RugbyLeagueNews has tweeted:

" @RugbyLeagueNews: Cronulla Sharks are expected to announce the signings of Jayson Bukuya, Kyle Stanley and Gerard Beale within the next 24 hours. #nrl "

See what happens....

bluefox1968

Juniors
Yeah - agree, Rubiks. So far all we have seen from Beale is potential. We have enough young backs with potential. Hopefully he proves us wrong.

Taumalolo (spell check tries to change his name to 'trauma lol'!!) - he is like Papalii. If he doesn't get more consistent, he will be another F. Pritchard / T. Williams - not worth the money...

ghoti

Bench
Not sold on Beale either...but if you consider him a replacement for Jonno Wright then he's a biiiiig jump up.

Quigs

Immortal
Ashford - smashmord, Johnno -schmono and Beale - schmeal.

I just want a bastard that can find the tryline instead of regularly standing behind it looking back at the halfway line.

jason taylor

Bench
Not sold on Beale either...but if you consider him a replacement for Jonno Wright then he's a biiiiig jump up.

Better than Ashyford, Brown and that Canberra winger you guys signed. I'd say he's better than Leutele as well. Beale would easily be the best centre in your squad, I think you guys are overestimating your back stocks. Honestly Feki and Gordon are the only proven consistent performers that are backs in your squad at the moment. Holmes will be good, but I doubt he'll start the year in first grade and Gagan hasn't played enough first grade games to accurately assess.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I'd agree with that. While Beale isn't the superstar centre we all want, he seems to be an upgrade on what we've got (particularly flake Ayshford and Jonno Wrong). It's a positive step in the right direction IMO.

chewsta

First Grade
Totally agree Cools, Gagan was rock solid in defence, absolutely smashing some merkins over the sideline. 5 tries from 7 games or 7 tries from 5 games is pretty good too considering how badly beaten we were in most games.

Saw a tweet posted on FB from Jack Bird about his first day at training for the sharks. He needs to seriously beef up, Theres nothing of him! I reckon Val Holmes is bigger than Bird.

Weaponhead

Coach
Gagan is an unassuming kid who doesn't show much emotion on the field but he did some freakish things in short first grade career. I rewatched the Roosters comeback win a few weeks ago and he grabbed a Roosters player who was about to put the ball down to score and threw him into touch. He stopped this bloke's momentum from behind and threw him out. It was incredible.

In the Penrith game. Kevin Naquama was around him and about to score and Gagan grabbed him from behind.

This is on top of the 5 tries in 7 games. He sometime looks a bit unco to me but he is fast and bloody strong and needs to be developed.

stevie013

Juniors
Gagan is an unassuming kid who doesn't show much emotion on the field but he did some freakish things in short first grade career. I rewatched the Roosters comeback win a few weeks ago and he grabbed a Roosters player who was about to put the ball down to score and threw him into touch. He stopped this bloke's momentum from behind and threw him out. It was incredible.

In the Penrith game. Kevin Naquama was around him and about to score and Gagan grabbed him from behind.

This is on top of the 5 tries in 7 games. He sometime looks a bit unco to me but he is fast and bloody strong and needs to be developed.

he also genuinly loves the sharks and not because we are paying his bills. he grew up supporting them and always wanted to play for the club.

If we get Barba, that will help players like Gagan & Feki even more.

Clubs will mark Barba more heavily which means little bit more room for outside backs

Quigs

Immortal
You know what. Honestly I couldn't give a rats arse about any signing we make until the said same ink has dried on the contract.

And then, what contracts these days are worth the paper they were written on.

Wake me up when it is all signed, sealed, delivered and confirmed.

Card Shark

Immortal
I thought Gagan was one of the only slithers of light from last year. I'm expecting big things from him tbh.

Made for first grade, Cools. I can't wait to see him start the season after a full offseason with the big boys.

he also genuinly loves the sharks and not because we are paying his bills. he grew up supporting them and always wanted to play for the club.

That's grest to hear, players with passion for the jumper is what we all crave, he feels our pain & has the potential to do something about it.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Beale would be a good signing IMO. He seems to be fairly quick, isn't injury prone and he plays for his country so he can't be too bad.

And I think if we do sign him, Leutele will find it very difficult to make first grade next season considering we already have signed Mitch Brown, and have Feki who was a centre in the Under 20's. We have Gagan in the mix too, and Bird who is being tossed around as a centre, as well as Holmes who no doubt will miss out on a fullback spot to Gordon, but he has definitely earned his spot so no complaints there.

I'm very excited to finally have a good problem- decent players missing out on first grade.

Jono Russell

Bench
Beale would be a good signing IMO. He seems to be fairly quick, isn't injury prone and he plays for his country so he can't be too bad.

And I think if we do sign him, Leutele will find it very difficult to make first grade next season considering we already have signed Mitch Brown, and have Feki who was a centre in the Under 20's. We have Gagan in the mix too, and Bird who is being tossed around as a centre, as well as Holmes who no doubt will miss out on a fullback spot to Gordon, but he has definitely earned his spot so no complaints there.

I'm very excited to finally have a good problem- decent players missing out on first grade.

Agreed however Flanno need to chose players on form rather then experience. Last thing we want is an out of form Mitch Brown holding out Holmes or Bird from a first grade spot and losing these talents due to lack of first grade.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Hearing Jermaine Issako has headed back to home to be with his sick father.

He was our player of the year in the 20's in that very important centre position. I seriously thought he might have got a call up in 2015 if injuries had occurred.

Hope the young fella can make it back if his father comes good

Last edited:

Latest posts