What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Mexico has offically gone as well to Gateshead.

The only unsigned players we have now are Reece Davidson, Bryce Gibbs, Eric Grothe, Daniel Holdsworth, Penani Manumalealii, Michael Morris, Tim Robinson, Patrice Siolo, Scott Sorenson, Jonathan Wright

Off those only ones we should keep are Davidson, Penani, Morris, Siolo, Sorensen & maybe Robinson

Card Shark

Immortal
It's 30 contracts Quigsy.

The two you mention will look decent in a Newtown jersey.
We have to supply a few for the Blue Bags don't we?

Considering we share NSW Cup with Newtown, 30 players seems a lot?

I suppose after the injury toll of this year, we might need 40? ;-)

Pommez

Juniors
I'm not real happy about Mitch brown I would of much preferred to watch some of our young boys like holmes or gagan

coolumsharkie

Referee
I wonder if that means we can just not play players, such as ayshford and not have them count as top 25 or money towards the 400 budget?

Good point. Not sure if there is a cut off time for naming the yearly squad etc.

I agree that Ayshford should play left right out.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm not real happy about Mitch brown I would of much preferred to watch some of our young boys like holmes or gagan

Holmes is very good. The sort of player that won't be in Reserves for too long, they know it, we know it and it's up to him to prove it. Gagan should start imo.

dellul

Juniors

why do people think he's going to be starting, he'll be playing if we have a few of injury's. and he would be handy if it happens.

my bet on the backline for the start of the season is.

1. gordon
2. feki
3. leutele
4. beale (has he even been signed?)
5. holmes
6. barba
7. robson

and from there it'll depend on form, who can hold their spot.

why do people think he's going to be starting, he'll be playing if we have a few of injury's. and he would be handy if it happens.

my bet on the backline for the start of the season is.

1. gordon
2. feki
3. leutele
4. beale (has he even been signed?)
5. holmes
6. barba
7. robson

and from there it'll depend on form, who can hold their spot.

This would be mine too.

However, I think Flanno will swap Holmes for Gagan.

GoatShark

Juniors
The only unsigned players we have now are Reece Davidson, Bryce Gibbs, Eric Grothe, Daniel Holdsworth, Penani Manumalealii, Michael Morris, Tim Robinson, Patrice Siolo, Scott Sorenson, Jonathan Wright

Pretty sure I heard Grothe say he had retired for good on his rugby league week video thing that he does.

Madsharkie

First Grade

There's a fair bit of Mitch Brown hate in here...
I think he will make a great back up. Not a world beater, but very solid and does his job well without many mistakes.
Let's face it, he was good enough to play in Des' grand final team, so that already puts him above a lot of our backs!

ghoti

Bench
Nup. but I reckon he would make one Hell of a 5/8 with a bit of coaching.

It would be insane to try to coach Holmes out of position...he's a perfect fullback. There's no way I'd move him from the back where all his strengths lay.

ghoti

Bench
Lucky they never tried that with Lockyer

Lockyer was shifted to 5/8 with a half dozen seasons of proven first grade performance around the time he was losing his speed at the back. Old fullbacks make good five-eighths when they're pacing out. Trying to turn Holmes into a five-eighth with little experience there OR in the NRL before he's even proven in his preferred position is a fools errand imo...

As for Barba, he was developed as a five-eighth and turned into a fullback for the NRL, so it's a very different situation. I agree that he looked a lot better as a fullback three seasons ago, but I reckon his better performances for the Broncs was as a 5/8.