What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

There's a fair bit of Mitch Brown hate in here...
I think he will make a great back up. Not a world beater, but very solid and does his job well without many mistakes.
Let's face it, he was good enough to play in Des' grand final team, so that already puts him above a lot of our backs!

The plus with Mitch Brown is that when he plays not flash does his basic job and can cover f/b, wing & centre so basically he comes in whenever we have injury, then back to NSW Cup.

And with any luck we can find another youngster come through who then can push him for backup role

Plastered

Juniors
For mine we have 5 wingers battling for 2 spots. I reckon the centers spots will be between Loots, Beale (if he is coming), and Bird. Don't reckon Flange considers Feki a centre. So that leaves Feki, Brown, Gagan, Holmes and Saulima to fight out the wing spots. Reckon Flange will go Feki/Brown.

Tutu

Juniors
Hi all. Lifelong Sharks supporter here, and for a reasonable time a pretty regular observer / stalker of LU. But bugger it , I'm hopping on the 2015 express...

Bit of spark / hope in recent signings, now just hoping for a bit of steely f#*k you resolve next year and a decent run with injuries. Too much to ask ?

Surely

Post Whore
Lockyer was shifted to 5/8 with a half dozen seasons of proven first grade performance around the time he was losing his speed at the back. Old fullbacks make good five-eighths when they're pacing out. Trying to turn Holmes into a five-eighth with little experience there OR in the NRL before he's even proven in his preferred position is a fools errand imo...

As for Barba, he was developed as a five-eighth and turned into a fullback for the NRL, so it's a very different situation. I agree that he looked a lot better as a fullback three seasons ago, but I reckon his better performances for the Broncs was as a 5/8.

So its best to put them there when they are slow.

f**k that i want a 5/8 with speed to break the line and go all the way.

Tutu

Juniors
So its best to put them there when they are slow.

f**k that i want a 5/8 with speed to break the line and go all the way.

Yep, sounds great, though I'm sort of wondering who can even come close to replacing TC's passing / kicking game...

island pro

Juniors
Yep, sounds great, though I'm sort of wondering who can even come close to replacing TC's passing / kicking game...

Welcome Tutu. Nobody currently on the sharks books can match TC's passing or kicking game, so it's probably time to look at other players with different tricks in their kit bag... like speed to burn (Holmes) or great evasive skills (Barba). What other choice is there? For the record, i'd have Holmes on the wing this season, but definately at the back when playing reggies.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I like the idea of flash and Holmes sharing the back, like the Mini/RTS experiment at the rorters.
Oh, and welcome to the madhouse Tutu.

ragzouken

Juniors
i don't get the leutele hype, he hasn't shown much id go with a backline of.

1:Gordon
2.Holmes
3.Feki
4.Beale
5.gagan

Feki is the goods plays with alot of heart, i just hope with all these backs signed we don't leave holmes and gagan in the lurch....

i hope to god there is no mitch motherf**king brown in the starting side next year.

Tutu

Juniors
Thanks pro, mad. The madhouse is all good (well... mostly...).

It's becoming a really interesting collection of backs we'll have now, including lots of young and (potentially) really exciting ones, all with a bit more experience after last year too. How they put them together for best effect, as far as combinations and structure go, is really tricky in my opinion, and it will be interesting (and crucial) to see how they go about it.

coolumsharkie

Referee

No.

Actually I'm kidding. I was wondering that myself, used to follow the little turd through the Schoolboy comp ( when it was on FTA up here) and thought he was a pretty awesome 5/8.

No doubt the dude has the skillz, a two year slump is a b it of a gamble but worth taking in our current playmaker type position.

Tutu

Juniors
i don't get the leutele hype, he hasn't shown much id go with a backline of.

1:Gordon
2.Holmes
3.Feki
4.Beale
5.gagan

Feki is the goods plays with alot of heart, i just hope with all these backs signed we don't leave holmes and gagan in the lurch....

i hope to god there is no mitch motherf**king brown in the starting side next year.

Agree with most of that except the Leutele part. Saw lots to like here and there last 2 years, and reckon there'll be more improvement / consistency to come. I'd stick with him over Beale to start.

For what it's worth, I reckon:

1. Gordon
2. Holmes
3. Feki
4. Leutele
5. Gagan
6. Barba
7. Robson