What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

chewsta

First Grade
I saw the "Barba being shopped around" article on one of the sharks FB pages.
man, some of the reactions from the fans are cringeworthy 90% of them would be against signing him and for some reason think it would only be to replace Flash.
A lot of comments seem to come from people who have head injuries yet I dont know how that would happen because its the fluffiest place known to man!

My two cents, Barba is a gun. and a half. He is wayyyy better than anything we have. ide be happy if we got him.

southland

Juniors
Yeah I'd say yes to Barba and YES to Sezer. Solves our 5/8 and halfback issues right there...

Nu Brown to a 14. Utility for 2015...

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yeah I'd say yes to Barba and YES to Sezer. Solves our 5/8 and halfback issues right there...

Nu Brown to a 14. Utility for 2015...

Absolutely.

That would possibly be a very smart move.

I sure am a Nu Brown but his kicking game doesn't cut it just yet. Come to think of it he has a great kicking game for a hooker. I'm not sure what Ennis would think about playing 50 minutes each week but he ain't get any younger.

If we can jag Farrell like some are suggesting we could possibly be set in reference to your above comment southy.

I just have a gut feeling the club are looking for 1 gun at overs rather than 2 decent halves at a good price

chewsta

First Grade
I think Barba could be a surprisingly good half back actually.

Totally agree. He's a sneaky little bastard with blistering speed off the mark to get through half a gap.
Nu Brown has a decent short kicking game. I remember plenty of little grubbers being put through by him.
Cant recall any long kicking from Nu. (but I'd say thats more him not being allowed the duties of clearance/ field position kicks.)

Kicking can be practiced and improved. Natural attacking flair which Barba has oozing out of him, can't be taught.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Which gun might that be?

If u asked me 7 weeks ago Hunt/Reynolds were prime targets. Obviously things have changed and hunt wants to stay in brissy from all reports whilst Reynolds form speaks for itself. For whatever reason I have not heard anything about us chasing Seizer. I'm not sure why? I think as a player and a person he would be a great fit. It seems every week a different player is looking at what's out there so I guess we have to sit back and put some faith in the club. Hopefully they are a little more proactive than they have been in recent years