What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Quigs

Immortal
rehab-1.jpg

Last edited:

sharknows

Bench
Seriously reckon Barba is past his use by date.....one of those blokes who has a flash in the pan season then fades into mediocrity....just my opinion...

tye

Juniors
There are good wraps on young Jimmy Jolliffe who we have signed from Wagga Kangaroos in group 9. He is 18 and is a starting front rower in 1st grade in what is a pretty good standard of Footy. Another bloke we should look at is Lou Goodwin the brother of Jake who played for Albury in there grand final win yesterday. Good tough player!

DJShaksta

First Grade
Barba comes to the Sharks and his shady past would be exposed within weeks.
The famours Benny Barba rehab clinic only works for players at certain clubs, the Sharka ain't on of those clubs.

fizzgig

Juniors
Wouldn't they have to rename the Benny Barba Rehab Clinic if he joined us as Sharks players are not allowed to attend?

Quigs

Immortal
now didn't Benny Boy Barba come unstuck with a motley crew from down Cronulla way.

A group of individuals that forced Benny into an evil lifestyle.

It was our fault - do you think he would come here.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Epic Bender Crew..like the stone-cutters - mysterious group aligned with the Cronulla region
ie: alledged started the cronulla riots, ran over Harold Holt whilst he was spear fishing down south, implicated in getting Bob Hawke to use Reef oil by the pool and had a hand in the Watergate scandal.

southland

Juniors
Its a long shot but Barba in the Shire would be a huge lift to our Club. People right him off but thats only because of huge expectations for him to provide a spark or a bust every time he touches the ball. What has been overlooked is his general consistency and team play this season which has been solid.

He has certainly not lit up the house at the Broncs but he has looked solid and reliable in D and a few moments in attack since going into 5/8.

I reckon we should do everything possible, that is, if a return south is even an option for him.

Still talking long shots but we do have the cash for next year.... So I hope we are chasing.... pair him with Sezer as the 7. Barba as the 6. NuBrown as .14 and away we go...

I hear the chatter here get Ben Barba and i agree but again this comes back to same situation re Dave Taylor what style are we going to play 1 out for 5 then kick, well neither of those players will be effective.

But if we play with depth and allow players to offload and have ball movement big yes to both

webShark

I hear the chatter here get Ben Barba and i agree but again this comes back to same situation re Dave Taylor what style are we going to play 1 out for 5 then kick, well neither of those players will be effective.

But if we play with depth and allow players to offload and have ball movement big yes to both

Dave Taylor lived in Caringbah before leaving Souths. He wanted back to QLD. Don't think he would be highly motivated down here. Motivation and desire are what he needs to be successful. For that reason, I wouldn't recuit him. Same with Barba. He basically entered rehab after teaming up with the Cronulla dregs. Left , allegedly, to be near his kids. Back here, he would be exposed to everything that led him downwards. Another high risk recruit. At his best, a genius. Now not worth the risk.

When today's superstars come on the market, there are few teams with cap space to afford them. So no point blowing money on high risks like Taylor and Barba. Better to have the free space to pursue genuine game changers like DCE or Foran, he'll even the 3 Knights brothers.

cb4

First Grade
Dragons are refusing Farrell a release at the moment, there is still the very real possibility that Dugan will go back to Fullback and a centre spot opens up.
Dragons have to decide whether they want Peter Mata'Utia or Walker to cover that other centre spot if it opens up.

Club has upped the negotiations on Dave Taylor again, not sure why. Have also made a formal offer for Martin Kennedy.

No Halves to get excited about.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Dragons are refusing Farrell a release at the moment, there is still the very real possibility that Dugan will go back to Fullback and a centre spot opens up.
Dragons have to decide whether they want Peter Mata'Utia or Walker to cover that other centre spot if it opens up.

Club has upped the negotiations on Dave Taylor again, not sure why. Have also made a formal offer for Martin Kennedy.

No Halves to get excited about.

Martin BLOODY Kennedy was the bloke that introduced that Shonky into the Eastern Suburbs Rorters camp according to the article.

The bloke.... the high levels of HGH .... Kennedy .... 6 Rorters....

The Rorters sacked "the bloke" and at the end of that same year Kennedy went to the Donks.

Do we really want him in the Club. Just imagine if the NRL did finally decide to actually investigate another club other than the Sharks and scalps are called for.

cb4

First Grade
Martin BLOODY Kennedy was the bloke that introduced that Shonky into the Eastern Suburbs Rorters camp according to the article.

The bloke.... the high levels of HGH .... Kennedy .... 6 Rorters....

The Rorters sacked "the bloke" and at the end of that same year Kennedy went to the Donks.

Do we really want him in the Club. Just imagine if the NRL did finally decide to actually investigate another club other than the Sharks and scalps are called for.

Not to fussed on your rant, but Martin Kennedy has all the talent in the world to be a class prop.
I couldn't care less if he shat in Dave Smith shoes, he is a quality prop and would make a sound addition to our team.

Latest posts