What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can we give League tests the special feel that Union ones have?

krudmonk

Juniors
Build SOO into the southern hemisphere international competition. England, Scotland and Wales all compete separately, so there's no reason why QLD and NSW couldn't.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
So please tell us who was fighting for the rights here mate? :lol:

2011 World Cup rights were awarded to New Zealand beating out other countries and now England are doing a private investigation saying NZ shouldn't have been awarded rights as NZ cant deal with the amount of people that will attend the country and the games.

2007 Held in France

2003 - Rights were awarded to both Australia and New Zealand and Australia did a backdoor and cut NZ out of the deal. NZ were trying to take the Australian Union Board to court.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
2011 World Cup rights were awarded to New Zealand beating out other countries and now England are doing a private investigation saying NZ shouldn't have been awarded rights as NZ cant deal with the amount of people that will attend the country and the games.

2007 Held in France

2003 - Rights were awarded to both Australia and New Zealand and Australia did a backdoor and cut NZ out of the deal. NZ were trying to take the Australian Union Board to court.

Riiiight...........

1987 NZ
1991 GB
1995 South Africa
1999 GB
2003 Australia
2007 France
2011 NZ

............and then it goes around again to the same places, because outside those nations, no one really gives a toss.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Riiiight...........

1987 NZ
1991 GB
1995 South Africa
1999 GB
2003 Australia
2007 France
2011 NZ

............and then it goes around again to the same places, because outside those nations, no one really gives a toss.

Thats more than the Rugby League World Cup.

Thats not my point though, the point is those countries fight to host the Cup and what Im saying is that isn't done in regards to the Rugby League World Cup. Why? Because theres a stackload of money to be made. Can the same be said of the RLWC 2008 or is that why there was no RLWC 2004?

You dont see NZ or England being gutted they missed out on hosting the RLWC 2008.

Vimpy

Juniors
Riiiight...........

1987 NZ
1991 GB
1995 South Africa
1999 GB
2003 Australia
2007 France
2011 NZ

The Japanese will be surprised to hear that. They put in a strong bid last time and will almost certainly get the 2015 tournament.

Ram Man

Juniors
The Japanese will be surprised to hear that. They put in a strong bid last time and will almost certainly get the 2015 tournament.

To quote Montogmery Burnes:

" The Japanese...those sandal wearing goldfish tenders!"

Kiki

First Grade
hmm ..

RL fan.

hates RU.

good looking (judging from the past picture)

you dont have many bad points do you

yes im pretty much perfect :sarcasm:

Our code?

haha i was thinking the same thing.

its not even about class, its about mentality. i would assume my parents and i are in the same 'class' yet they go to the union. they like it because theres alot of people in their age and mindset there, its a social thing for them. for me its like death.

also my best friend (sass on here) went to a fancypants private school but she loves league more than life itself so its too easy to say its a class thing.

i also just wanna say in the limited experience ive had with union fans they have been judgemental wankers...without any provocation from me. league fans in general are extremely open and accepting and i feel At Home with them. but once again, thats just my own experience.

im not out on a mission to destroy Union. to me it just doesnt hold any importance or relevance to my life.

Sleep

Juniors
The League Tests aren't as good because the competition isn't as good. The Wallabies go into contests knowing it's going to be a tough match. It's not even close when comparing Australia to other nations in Rugby League. NZ is getting closer/better but they're still a fair way off.

Kiki told me she's up for being the pregame entertainment which I'm sure would help. :p

Kiki

First Grade
bahaha. what sort of entertainment will i provide? i can read out my blogs in a low cut top. sufficient?

Sleep

Juniors
Haha. Sure why not. I'd imagine the crowds reaction will be:

"What the f**k is this?"
"Who cares check out that rack!"

We boys are simple ones. Footy, some beer and boobs will tide us over pretty much everytime.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
The League Tests aren't as good because the competition isn't as good. The Wallabies go into contests knowing it's going to be a tough match. It's not even close when comparing Australia to other nations in Rugby League. NZ is getting closer/better but they're still a fair way off.

Kiki told me she's up for being the pregame entertainment which I'm sure would help. :p

And NZ will never get closer or better because as soon as a NZ player emerges with star skill ala Karmichael Hunt the SOO carrot will be dangled and next minute they will be wearing Green & Gold.

I watched a Rugby League profile on Brad Thorne who said he would have loved to play for the Kiwis except he wanted to play SOO and he said said it was a shame Karmichael went down the same track.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Thats more than the Rugby League World Cup.

Thats not my point though, the point is those countries fight to host the Cup and what Im saying is that isn't done in regards to the Rugby League World Cup. Why? Because theres a stackload of money to be made. Can the same be said of the RLWC 2008 or is that why there was no RLWC 2004?

You dont see NZ or England being gutted they missed out on hosting the RLWC 2008.

You do have a point, if it wasn't for the RWC in 2003, the ARU would have filed for bankrupcy by now, because their regular seasons are a loss making concern year after year.

Furthermore, the ARU showed what a bunch of losers Kiwi Union are, because after the monumental stab in the back they copped in 2003, they where happy as Larry.

Kiki

First Grade
Haha. Sure why not. I'd imagine the crowds reaction will be:

"What the f**k is this?"
"Who cares check out that rack!"

We boys are simple ones. Footy, some beer and boobs will tide us over pretty much everytime.

oh i know you are. which is why i always undo a top button to get served at the bar quicker.

Thomas

First Grade
Hey Dally, how many RU games have you been to or watched in the last 5 years?

You said about 5 minutes of a game on TV...yet you disagree with someone who was actually at the Perth test.

Here are the highlights from the Sydney test. Notice how "quiet" the crowd is and how you can hear a pin drop....as well as people discussing their share portfolios. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFHQaE8o8g

Kiki

First Grade
oh please do. its fail safe. well provided the bartender is a man. it also works for me at lesbian bars.

Sleep

Juniors
Well if a guy comes rushing over to serve me because I've got an extra button undone on my shirt, clearly I'm going to be in the wrong kind of club myself.

Kiki

First Grade
hahaha or the bartender is just overwhelmed by the physical beauty of your chest and got sexually confused for a moment. it doesnt matter because u got a drink earlier than the sucker next to you. and thats what counts.

Thomas

First Grade
Yes, but you'll get a drink quickly.

Swallow your pride when you drink in a gay bar....but make sure that's the only thing you swallow.

Latest posts