What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can we give League tests the special feel that Union ones have?

Thats more than the Rugby League World Cup.

Thats not my point though, the point is those countries fight to host the Cup and what Im saying is that isn't done in regards to the Rugby League World Cup. Why? Because theres a stackload of money to be made. Can the same be said of the RLWC 2008 or is that why there was no RLWC 2004?

You dont see NZ or England being gutted they missed out on hosting the RLWC 2008.

by 1 country, wow.

so excluding SA they are the same.

and internationals are all union has

The League Tests aren't as good because the competition isn't as good. The Wallabies go into contests knowing it's going to be a tough match. It's not even close when comparing Australia to other nations in Rugby League. NZ is getting closer/better but they're still a fair way off.

Kiki told me she's up for being the pregame entertainment which I'm sure would help. :p

remind me which 2 nations austalia beat by over 100 in the last RUWC

108 - 0 in adelaide merkin

Haha. Sure why not. I'd imagine the crowds reaction will be:

"What the f**k is this?"
"Who cares check out that rack!"

We boys are simple ones. Footy, some beer and boobs will tide us over pretty much everytime.

yes but footy doesnt mean rugby union now does it.

its like saying you like girls, but really is boys.

footy is league, union is either union or s**t.

Sleep

Juniors
I'm taking Australia Vs NZ and Australia Vs England. In RL neither of those games is anything to write home about because it's a win. It's just a matter of by how much. In Union that isn't the case.

Hey Dally, how many RU games have you been to or watched in the last 5 years?

You said about 5 minutes of a game on TV...yet you disagree with someone who was actually at the Perth test.

Here are the highlights from the Sydney test. Notice how "quiet" the crowd is and how you can hear a pin drop....as well as people discussing their share portfolios. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFHQaE8o8g

ive never paid to a union game in my life. i was offered free tix and told the guy to get f**ked. i then stopped using his company in business as i cant support people that like that sport.

i watched 40 mins of the S14 in total this year.

it was so funny.

foxtel should put it on the comedy channel, its really quite good in that perspective

I'm taking Australia Vs NZ and Australia Vs England. In RL neither of those games is anything to write home about because it's a win. It's just a matter of by how much. In Union that isn't the case.

so you are only comparing the top 3 in either code eh?

getting desperate.

google 2005 tri nations final at leeds, and then explain to me where that fits in.

Thomas

First Grade
remind me which 2 nations austalia beat by over 100 in the last RUWC

108 - 0 in adelaide merkin

How wrong can one person be....

Have a real good think about what you just posted...then find out where the last RUWC was held and edit your post.

Last edited:
the ARU should bookmark this thread.

there are more union fans here than go to wallaby test matches, and the ARU need all the help they can get.

How wrong can one person be....

Have a real good thing about what you just posted...then find out where the last RUWC was held and edit your post.

you know which one i meant thomas, dont be pedantic.

if union is competitive how did australia put 100 past another nation in the WC?

just to remind the union fans

in the last union WC, the top 2 nations were SA and England.

they both played in a thrilling :lol: tryless final.

how close was the previous game between them in the WC?

and these are the top 2 nations in union at the time.

Sleep

Juniors
Union is more competititve than League at a national level. If you disagree with that fair enough. That's my opinion.

Union is more competititve than League at a national level. If you disagree with that fair enough. That's my opinion.

Nation number 1 beat nation number 2 by over 30 points, if thats your definition of competitive, then good luck to you.

international RU being strong is a myth.

soccer has a proper WC and the rest are pretenders. union is the biggest pretender of them all.

Sleep

Juniors
I can't stand Union. But yes their world cup is more competitive than Rugby Leagues. Australia pump everyone.

At least in Union the result isn't set in stone.

*shrugs*

I can't stand Union. But yes their world cup is more competitive than Rugby Leagues. Australia pump everyone.

At least in Union the result isn't set in stone.

*shrugs*

do you know when the first RL cup was held compared to union first.

do you know who won it?

and off the top of my head only 3 nations have won the union world cup, australia, england and SA.

RL has 2 is that really different.

RU is a load of hype, dont believe it.

Thomas

First Grade
Nation number 1 beat nation number 2 by over 30 points, if thats your definition of competitive, then good luck to you.

international RU being strong is a myth.

soccer has a proper WC and the rest are pretenders. union is the biggest pretender of them all.

Huh?

Number 1 beat number 2 by 30 points?

South Africa are number 1
NZ are number 2

You're making things up champ.

You might be referring to NZ beating Australia on the weekend. That was number 2 beating number 3 by 29 points.

The week before that...number 3 beat number 2 by 15 points.

For the record...here are the latest RU rankings:

1. South Africa
2. New Zealand
3. Australia
4. Argentina
5. England
6. Wales
7. France
8. Ireland
9. Scotland
10. Italy

One of the 1/4 finalists of last years WC, Fiji, is ranked 11.

You've had two clangers in about 20 minutes. Go and have a lie down.

Thomas

First Grade
and off the top of my head only 3 nations have won the union world cup, australia, england and SA.

*sigh*

Another clanger, Dally. You are having a bad day.

There have been 4 winners in 6 world cups.

1987: NZ
1991: Australia
1995: South Africa
1999: Australia
2003: England
2007: South Africa

Last edited:
i forgot about the drubbing the wallabies copped on the weekend.

yes some of the top nations in union and the result was a massive blowout.

thanks for that.

SA and england both made the final of the last WC.

they played a pool game before that where SA smashed england by over 30

if union is competitive at an international level, how can all these blowouts between top nations exist.

*sigh*

Another clanger, Dally. You are havign a bad day.

There have been 4 winners in 6 world cups.

1987: NZ
1991: Australia
1995: South Africa
1999: Australia
2003: England
2007: South Africa

wow one more nation, that changes everything doesnt it.

international RU which is supposedly competitive only has 2 extra nations thatve won its WC over RL.

ill stick with the oldest rugby world cup, rather than the immitation

Latest posts