What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How funny is it for Raiders fans...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stranger said:
Nein is supposed to be picking the best games, as the ones that rate the best. Currently, Canberra don't deserve to be in one of those games. They want ratings, and the only way to ensure that is to have the best games on. Canberra aren't up there in terms of playing ability, big names and victories to their name. Face it, they aren't setting the world on fire, infact most people are still gobsmacked about the boring style of play that canberra have used.
Take the chooks for example, 2001-2005 they were on FTA a f**king lot. Now, where are they?

On FTA apparently
as for our boring style, it went with elliot up the hume, if you'd taken the time to watch us last week, we were extremely adventerous with ball in hand.
The rest of your post is uninformed sh*te, no point responding.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
I think it was more the style of play the Raiders had, than there position that ensured they didnt get many TV games.

By your own admission u blokes have played a very up the middle type of game.....when compared to a lot of other teams who really can razzle dazzle,the Raiders havent made really good TV by example.

Rather than blame the media,I would look inward.Im sure if the Raiders start playing some exciting footy,then they will jag a few free to air gigs.

Until this happens.......fox is it.

thats exactly what we've done this year simon, it will take abit of time for the lads to get their heads around it after 5 years of inside balls and forward hit ups, but this excuse is no longer viable. The train track width playing style went with elliott up the hume

Raider_69

Post Whore
Smartman said:
Seriously the raiders have been irrelevant in Football/ratings since the mid 90's. :cool:

proof?

if someone can produce sourced figures that prove canberra dont rate on channel 9, ill happily conceed and excuse 9 for not showing us. Im aware they are powered by ratings, so if we dont rate, then so be it, we'll have to wait a year or 2 when we're premiers to get some FTA coverage, but until until such figures are published, ill contiue to ask the question on why canberra are getting a raw deal from Channel 9

Smartman

Juniors
Raider_69 said:

Proof?

Is that they aren't likely to figure in many free to air games this year compared to the other 15 teams.

Thats why they are irrelevant and have never really seriously threatened for the premiership since Big Mal was captain.

Smartman

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
proof?

if someone can produce sourced figures that prove canberra dont rate on channel 9, ill happily conceed and excuse 9 for not showing us. Im aware they are powered by ratings, so if we dont rate, then so be it, we'll have to wait a year or 2 when we're premiers to get some FTA coverage, but until until such figures are published, ill contiue to ask the question on why canberra are getting a raw deal from Channel 9

Geez you're modest :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Stranger said:
Take the chooks for example, 2001-2005 they were on FTA a f**king lot. Now, where are they?

Round 3: Roosters vs Sea Eagles, Aussie Stadium 3pm Sunday (4pm NINE)
Round 4: Roosters vs Broncos, Aussie Stadium 7:30pm Friday (NINE)

skeepe

Immortal
Cowgirl86 said:
Why don't we see Warriors fans whinging as well?

If they did, they'd have every right.

I suspect that the main reason would be that they live in NZ :sarcasm:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Smartman said:
Proof?

Is that they aren't likely to figure in many free to air games this year compared to the other 15 teams.

Thats why they are irrelevant and have never really seriously threatened for the premiership since Big Mal was captain.

more concludsions based on assumptions
didnt under seige 2 teach you anything (outside of the fact Segal cant act)

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups

Shorty

Staff member
skeepe said:
If they did, they'd have every right.

I suspect that the main reason would be that they live in NZ :sarcasm:
To be honest,I've seen more Raiders games on tv then Warriors games.

Smartman

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
more concludsions based on assumptions
didnt under seige 2 teach you anything (outside of the fact Segal cant act)

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups

You're assuming the raiders will win the premiership within 2 years.

Thats a guaranteed f**k up.

simon says

First Grade
Im petitioning channel nine to give the Raiders more free to air games.

I think Australia shouldnt have to pay a cent to get the joy of watching the Raiders get flogged.I know its the highlight of my week.

Cmon Nine.....anti up.

tiger_nick

Bench
maybe raiders fans should send channel 9 an email instead of whinging on here...just a thought....i know being proactive may be foreign to you

Raider_69

Post Whore
tiger_nick said:
maybe raiders fans should send channel 9 an email instead of whinging on here...just a thought....i know being proactive may be foreign to you

ive sent countless emails to both channel 9 and channel 9 shows like boots and all, questioining this, im yet to get a reply from anyone bar vossy who agreed with me, that canberra deserved more FTA coverage

skeepe

Immortal
Screwed again.

MATCH SCHEDULE – ROUND 8 (May 3 - 7)

Thursday 3 May, 2007

Country Vs City BCU Int. Stadium 7.30pm (Ch 9)
CoffsHarbour

Friday 4 May, 2007

Broncos Vs Rabbitohs Suncorp Stadium 7.30pm (Ch 9)
Dragons Vs Panthers OKI Jubilee Stadium 7.30pm (Ch 9)

Saturday 5 May, 2007

Warriors Vs Sharks Mt Smart Stadium 7.30pm (Fox Live)(5.30pm Syd)
Wests Tigers Vs Storm Blue Tongue Stadium 7.30pm (Fox Live)
Eels Vs Roosters Parramatta Stadium 7.30pm (Fox Live)

Sunday 6 May, 2007

Raiders Vs Sea Eagles Canberra Stadium 2.00pm (Fox Live)
Bulldogs Vs Knights Telstra Stadium 3.00pm(Ch 9)

Monday 7 May, 2007

Titans Vs Cowboys Carrara Stadium7.00pm (Fox Live)

MATCH SCHEDULE – ROUND 9 (May 11 - 14)

Friday 11 May, 2007

Sharks Vs Broncos Toyota Park 7.30pm (Ch 9)
Sea Eagles Vs Eels Brookvale Oval 7.30pm (Ch 9)

Saturday 12 May, 2007

Knights Vs Warriors Energy Australia Stadium 5.30pm (Fox Live)
Rabbitohs Vs Raiders Telstra Stadium7.30pm (Fox Live)
Cowboys Vs Panthers Dairy Farmers Stadium 7.30pm (Fox Live)

Sunday 13 May, 2007

Roosters Vs Titans Aussie Stadium 2.00pm (Fox Live)
Wests Tigers Vs Dragons Telstra Stadium 3.00pm(Ch 9)

Monday 14 May, 2007

Storm Vs Bulldogs Olympic Park 7.00pm (Fox Live)

skeepe

Immortal
Count of FTA appearances in first 9 rounds:

Brisbane Broncos - 8
Penrith Panthers - 6
Parramatta Eels - 6
Canterbury Bulldogs - 5
Wests Tigers - 5
Gold Coast Titans - 4
St George Illawarra Dragons - 4
Newcastle Knights - 3
South Sydney Rabbitohs - 3
Melbourne Storm - 3
Cronulla Sharks - 2
Manly Sea Eagles - 2
Sydney Roosters - 2
North Queensland Cowboys - 1
Canberra Raiders - 0
New Zealand Warriors - 0

So it looks like the Cowboys are getting stiffed as well, based on that. Meanwhile, Parramatta and the Tigers have been rewarded for stunning 0-2 starts with more Channel 9 games. Ridiculous.

mattyg

Bench
ratings ratings ratings...parra/tigers/dogs rate better than canberra, thats the reason behind it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
mattyg said:
ratings ratings ratings...parra/tigers/dogs rate better than canberra, thats the reason behind it.

for about the sixth time this thread
assumptions are not proof, please provide sourceable proof that we dont rate

Smartman

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
for about the sixth time this thread
assumptions are not proof, please provide sourceable proof that we dont rate

Maybe the raiders style of play has got something to do with it?