What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long do we have to wait?

Xsharks

Juniors
Have been an avid Sharks supporter for 35 Years!! The frustration, disappointment and anger continues. Well I am over it! Last night for the first time in my 35 years of following the Sharks I was to say the least embarrassed to be a Sharks supporter. That was pathetic - The Storm didn't play that good it was the Sharks that played school boy football (like 6th grade not Senior high school stuff)- no structure in their play what so ever did they even have a game plan not to mention the humiliating mistakes. The final series had been fantastic and exciting until the sharks stepped up to the plate ............. what a nightmare. Last night was even more disappointing than when I was at the 1978 grand final replay and we lost to Manly. Oh the shame - glad I saved $200 bucks on the GF tickets I was nearly going to buy. Sharks I hate to say this but you really suck!

Quigs

Immortal
Arrhhhhhhhh well Xshark.

First Post hey.

I've battled on since day 1 back in the old 67.

Just roll with the blows because we all know

"Oh well there is always next year"

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Nullajet

Juniors
great first post!!!

Totally agree with the summary of how they played and all but that is your first post on the forum???

On the up side of things....at the beginning of the season had someone said the sharks would make it to within 1 game of the GF....you'd have laughed in their face....bring on next season.

floating pie

Juniors
It's only been 23 years for me.

I was ashamed to get out of my car at the bottlo after work (wearing my sharks jersey), but I needed a little help from some amber fluid. A dear old lady and her man were in the bottlo, she was clearly a bit liquified herself. She walked up to me and said in a sweet voice 'oh dear, another poor sharks fan. My son has been a sharks fan since he was a little boy, and my heart breaks for him every year.'

Then my wife leaves me a facebook message: 'there always next year' ... have you been in her ear, quigs?

So that was nice.

Quigs

Immortal
It's only been 23 years for me.

I was ashamed to get out of my car at the bottlo after work (wearing my sharks jersey), but I needed a little help from some amber fluid. A dear old lady and her man were in the bottlo, she was clearly a bit liquified herself. She walked up to me and said in a sweet voice 'oh dear, another poor sharks fan. My son has been a sharks fan since he was a little boy, and my heart breaks for him every year.'

Then my wife leaves me a facebook message: 'there always next year' ... have you been in her ear, quigs?

So that was nice.

There are a million lines there I could use floater, but I will let them go through to the keeper

Its not a real beautiful day today.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Shorty

Staff member
Can't blame the poor bugger I'd be frustrated too.

I actually felt better about the Cows...LOL.
That's not to say the Sharks didn't do extremely well to get to this point - It's to say a loss like that would have had me wild for quite a while.

Also dismiss all I said about Noddy in the other thread,the Dogs are stuffed!

Considering how you did this year with your cattle,next year looks very promising.

Xsharks

Juniors
Yes and to all those who keep saying " There is always next year" did you know the average life span of a male adult in is country is 70 years old!

To Cityshark your reply was somewhat childish and immature a bit like the sharks played last night - feral and well below average.

Yes and to all those who keep saying " There is always next year" did you know the average life span of a male adult in is country is 70 years old!

To Cityshark your reply was somewhat childish and immature a bit like the sharks played last night - feral and well below average.

Xsharks there wouldn't be a supporter that wasn't disgusted with that attempt to make the GF.

Unfortunately we lost Seymour and Bird and there goes 2/3 of our playmakers. And then Noddy was left with a guy still on his training wheels in 6.

We don't have the rep players that Melbourne have to get you through adversity and if we learn one thing from last night. We have to sign players who have the potential to develop into a rep player or players who currently are.

Signing players like Peek, Covell, Nutley etc. give you a false dawn during the year. They are consistent and steady but they only have one gear. When the big matches come around they get left behind by the class players who go to a new level when the heat is on in the end of season games.

We have to follow Manlys lead in rebuilding there team with the recruitment policy I have just spoken about.

It's all about quality not quantity.

Nullajet

Juniors
we have to get some legit backs!!! We have to cut the ones ...well one...who just isnt up to the standard, despite all his game time.

gregstar

Referee
Arrhhhhhhhh well Xshark.

First Post hey.

I've battled on since day 1 back in the old 67.

Just roll with the blows because we all know

"Oh well there is always next year"

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs
true - but you've seen your original team win titles ;-)

i'm pretty upset i'm not featured in your sig's new addition. there's room there you old turd.!

we have to get some legit backs!!! We have to cut the ones ...well one...who just isnt up to the standard, despite all his game time.

Anderson has to go back to the backs next year as well.

The defensive workload would have done the world of good this year but now we need to see him in attack with more room out wide.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Well I've had 30 seasons of this. I am not happy with the way we ended this season, but I wont be jumping ship just yet. I am hoping we win one before I pop my clogs.

Dolph

Stonecutter

First Grade
At the start of this year I was saying to my mates that we'll make the 8, but i'm much more looking forward to 09 to be our big push.

Seymour has carried Noddy, with Barrett he won't need carrying thus improving both their games. He also isn't a speed bump for opposing players and give away stupid penalties in the ruck by being a pest. Topou and Williams will be great, Gallen will be consistent and if Bird comes back we'll be boasting one hell of a lineup.

Dave Q

Coach
I turned it all off at half time. By then there was no evidence that anything was going to go your way.

Otherwsie, a tremendous season to get as far as you did with the players at hand.

Plenty of grinding gutsy wins with the odd razzle-dazzle. Very good game plans for most of the year, hard defence. A lot to admire and respect.

It just wasnt to be last night.

The good news is that a lot of your frail, seriously sick and elderly fans will live for another year for death itself .....wont stop your day of glory.

Commiserations.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Unfortunately, Trent is going to give you bucketloads of Choke next season.

Barrett and Seymour - neither can organise or kick particularly well, I think Sticky has farked up pretty badly, time will tell.

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
I've only been following the footy and the sharks for 7 years. Oh well, there's always next year. I was always aiming for 09 to be our year since Sticky took the reigns. But you have to say, everything was against us this year with the loss of Thompson, Williams, Bird and Seymour and the added burden of carrying Simmons/Noddy.

We didn't do that badly this year. 09 looks promising.