What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many games will Cronulla win this year

How many games will Cronulla win

Votes: 30 27.5%

Votes: 9 8.3%

Votes: 16 14.7%

Votes: 24 22.0%

Votes: 30 27.5%

• Total voters

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are referring to the NRL record consecutive losses.
It's 3 letters. NRL records aren't seperate to those when the game was being played under the banners of ARL and NSWRL

Gaba

First Grade
the sharks should beat the eels in round 11

They play the eels weekend before the first state of origin game

eels will be without hayne

Last edited:

Talanexor

Juniors
Man I'd love to snag Blake Ferguson. He's the only good thing in that horrible ragtag bunch of nobodies they call a team.

Stonecutter

First Grade
el zilcho

I can't believe 11,000 turned up on a rainy Monday. I guarentee though it'll be around 5,000 on saturday and I doubt we'll break 10,000 for the rest of the season unless we get a sunday game. Yesterdays game broke the hearts and spirits of us fans. Even the long time Ricky supporters like myself and its bloody round 4. The clubs effort to raise funds and keep us alive until this point will be undone by the players and especially the coach.

Goddo

Bench

Am I seeing things right? Did Gaba just give Hayne a wrap?

:crazy:

RufusRex

Post Whore
finally this year we could return to the glory of pre 67 where StGeorge was everything south of Redfern ...

Loudstrat

Coach

Which according to you would make Parra stronger :lol:

TRhis "Sharks won't win a game" crap smells like a big abyss of shame that many will jump into.

This is round 3. Last year - 10 rounds further into the comp, Parra were one of the spoon favorites. No one has lost all games since 1966.

You know what I reckon? Seeing how unpredictable our game is, I wonder what Centrebet are offering for the Sharks to finish higher than the Dragons by round 26?????

kurt faulk

Coach
Trent Barrett is and has always been, a talentless overrated, arrogant, dopey f**king wanker. The sooner they f**k him off completely the sooner they'll start winning.

he's only been there a season.

how do you think saints fans felt for 8 years with him at 5/8? with farrar and brown as coach?

f**k, it was like a never ending nightmare.

Ladmate

Bench
Sharks for top 8 IMO.

I need a shark fan to answer me this question:
Why have the sharks fallen down so much since 2008, where they finished one game away from the Grand Final and 3rd on the ladder?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I need a shark fan to answer me this question:
Why have the sharks fallen down so much since 2008, where they finished one game away from the Grand Final and 3rd on the ladder?

not a sharks fan, but i believe they massively overachieved in 08. they bored teams out of the contest with the stuart tried and tested strategy of boring footy. they would get to a lead and strangle the other teams out of the contest. by 09 when other teams realsied what they had done they compensated for it. similar to parra, they overachieved last year and look at their form so far this year when teams have accomodated their style of play and it turns out hayne isnt the messiah the media want us to believe

Goddo

Bench
^ I think there were some rule changes comming out of 2008 to affect grapple tackling, two refs, et cetera to speed up the ruck that didn't suit the Sharks agressive defence style.

Comparing 2008's best defencive side to 2009's, Sharks 2008 were very different to St George 2009.

Of all the clubs, they adapted to the changes the worst. That, along with losing some of the strengths in the side built around Kimorely ment they found themselves in nowhere land. Couple that with all the off-field drama and they didn't stand a chance.

What must be terribly depressing for the Sharks is that now, 12 months down the track after a long off season and shake ups at the club, they still are struggling to do much in attack and there are still holes in defence. Couple that with a weak kicking game, high error rate, and failing to dominate field position at all, and you have a formula for failure. I guess this is why a lot of blame is heaped on the coach (probably justified).

Even with the cattle they have at the Sharks, they should be able to string a few wins through the year. It comes down to attitude, coaching and trainning as to wether they will or not.

Shorty

Staff member
I love how Dragons fans are starting all these threads as well.
It never ceases to amaze me how some of their fans become so arrogant after being grounded with a thud, not long ago.
Minor premiers out in straight sets, remember that? And defeated by two teams, mind you, that would have both been picked to miss the finals that year.

It'd be pretty funny to see the Sharks seal their finals berth after defeating the Dragons in a must win clash.
I think Tim Smith will add some spark and if they get a win it might change their attitude.

Latest posts