What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

macnaz

Staff member
So many sooks on this forum! What does it matter if every fullback jumps like that? Klemmer ran into him. Once the bloke is in the air catching the bomb, let him do whatever he pleases - because is you make contact with him in the air, you're the one to blame. If you're jumping to contest the bomb against the fullback, the foot position won't be a factor. The moment Slater or whoever else hits the ground, he can't do that - but in the air it's fine.
Good old tall poppy syndrome. Have fun sniffling into your tissues.

And what about a player trying to centest the bomb. Should he also deserve a kick in the head.

Spot On

Coach
Slater has carry over points from his illegal play last week. He could be out for a couple of weeks if they want to make an example of what they don't want a fullback doing with his feet when taking a bomb.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not good on the slo mo, watch Slater's eyes

after he catches the ball he sees the player coming and puts his foot in Klemmer's face, hardly an accident

LESStar58

Referee
890188-slater.gif

Nothing in it in fast motion and the Dogs player looks to have his arms out and gets Slater with the leading point of his shoulder. Slater has a case to beat whatever charge they decide to throw at him IMO.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Kicking is the process of swinging your foot in a forward motion to strike somebody, Slater extended his leg as far as he physically could before Klemmer reached the strike zone, it's like me holding my fist out in front of me while I'm standing still, and claiming I punched anyone who's stupid enough to walk into me. As silly as it may seem, Klemmer was the moving force that initiated contact, simple as that. If a player was to dive directly at a defenders feet kamikaze style head first and cops a boot in the head, is it the other guys fault? Of course not. Klemmer and Slater have both said it was accidental, end of story.

macnaz

Staff member
You cant run raising your knees, you cant run and raise your forearm... so u shouldnt be alowed to dangerously raise your foot either. Pehaps you can run down field throwing hay makers and if anyone gets hit its there fault for getting near u.

Last edited:

Sphagnum

Coach
I really can't believe anyone is surprised. This is the kind of dog act Melbourne and Queensland are both known for.

Slater has been doing this shit for years. He knew what he was doing and I hope he gets what he deserves.

QLD dog.

Meth

Staff member
Klemmer said it was an accident.

Slater has done this every time he plays for years

This is the only time he has made contact with someones head with his leading foot.

They cannot confirm intent to kick because of this.

They cannot confirm it is reckless when Klemmer said it was an accident.

People are so biased & hate Slater/Storm that they have no objectivity.

this.

0 weeks

ns7

Juniors
What Klemmer says is irrelevant.

Yes, it was an accident. One waiting to happen due to dangerous & reckless play.

Meth

Staff member
I didn't watch the game and when I heard about the incident I assumed he'd come in with one of his famous slides after Klemmer had scored a try. This just looks like one of those things that happen in sport.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'm not saying it was intentional to make contact with the head, but anyone who says "It's not his go!" has clearly only been watching RL for 90 minutes or less.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Where is that law written?

Post facts instead of your emotional drivel.

Facts of what? There is no one here that can honestly say that sticking a boot up towards invoking opposition is safe. Slater has already stated he does it to protect himself from the advancing defenders.

Cam smith came out and after rinsing some sand out of his vagina stated that its used as a protective measure. He also said it keeps the other team away. Slater or anyone have th right to force teams away, everyone has a right to contest the catch, sure they can't make a tackle but if contact is made whilst attempting te catch it is play on. In this instance, nobody can say for sure whether klemmer was going in for the tackle or simply preparing to tackle slater upon his return to the field. All we do know is slater moves his up towards the opposition which gives him space to take the catch.

I don't hate Melbourne. I find this whole thing puzzling though. People can't defend an action because it had never happened before. You guys can't justify this by saying klemmer ran into the boot. As mentioned above klemmer is allowed to run in. He is playing within the rules.

I'm sorry the nrl doesn't have rule 'jump with boot to face' but have a look through the rules of the game. The incident falls under man sections, reckless, illegal contact, dangerous conduct.

Kicking is the process of swinging your foot in a forward motion to strike somebody, Slater extended his leg as far as he physically could before Klemmer reached the strike zone, it's like me holding my fist out in front of me while I'm standing still, and claiming I punched anyone who's stupid enough to walk into me. As silly as it may seem, Klemmer was the moving force that initiated contact, simple as that. If a player was to dive directly at a defenders feet kamikaze style head first and cops a boot in the head, is it the other guys fault? Of course not. Klemmer and Slater have both said it was accidental, end of story.

And do you think if a player did this and an opposition player ran into it and went down that the player raising his fist wouldn't be suspended?

Reminds me a little of an incident last year with Jeremy Smith ( I thjnk). Smith was on the ground with the ball and saw that he was going to get smashed by a tackler so raised his arm/forearm and clocked the tackler in the head. No intent in terms of wanting to hurt the guy, but it was a reckless act that could cause damage to the opposition player.

Should get charged for the reckless act , but suspect clean skin Billy will get off

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
If Drury Low did this to a chasing through Cam Smith it wouldn't even be an issue for anyone, Tall poppy syndrome is rampant on LU towards the Storm and our future immortals/current world champions.

Meth

Staff member
He won't get any. It was completely accidental. It shouldn't have even been a penalty to be honest.

The original penalty went to the Bulldogs, didn't it? Which, Smith rightly pointed out, was ridiculous. Either Slater was in the wrong, or Klemmer was. Either the penalty should have been reversed, or Slater has no case to answer.

Latest posts