What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

G.I.

Juniors
Does anyone consider that Slaters (every fullbacks) bomb catching technique is actually beneficial in a footy point of view. By outstretching one leg it means you delay the landing on it, thus you hit the ground with your first leg and stabilise yourself so then can pivot off your second leg instead of hitting the ground with both feet at the same time and landing like a sitting duck. This might sound crazy to a few people, but slaters technique is actually beneficial to him in that thing i think they call.... rugby league?

Evenflow

Bench
We didn't ask Billy to go Kung Pow on that Dogs player, so get ready to bend over and take it like a bitch at the Cauldron.

Is that the very same 'cauldron' that the Storm have a 7-3 winning record at? Wooooo I'm sure they're shitting themselves :lol:

redvscotty

First Grade
Does anyone consider that Slaters (every fullbacks) bomb catching technique is actually beneficial in a footy point of view. By outstretching one leg it means you delay the landing on it, thus you hit the ground with your first leg and stabilise yourself so then can pivot off your second leg instead of hitting the ground with both feet at the same time and landing like a sitting duck. This might sound crazy to a few people, but slaters technique is actually beneficial to him in that thing i think they call.... rugby league?

Planes fly in the rain too you simple jack.

Sticking your studs out like that makes your jumping action less efficient, the only purpose is to ward off challengers from the opposition. It has nothing to do with protection from getting tackled in the air illegally. He does this to minimise legitimate contest/pressure for the ball before he gets to it and just after he lands.

I haven't seen anybody else who does this in the NRL.

redvscotty

First Grade
Pretty sad/funny when you know your team isn't good enough to beat another and blindly hope like hell one of the opposition are out. Good luck with that lol

What is sad is thinking that Cammy Smithsonion didn't knowingly sign 400 different contracts.

Everything about the Storm is scum.

Patorick

Staff member
890188-slater.gif

afinalsin666

First Grade
Doesn't matter about intent, it was reckless as hell. He gets off to a quicker sprint when landing a catch, and it keeps defenders away, and yadda yadda yadda. It doesn't matter, if you play with fire, you need to expect to get burned, eventually.

You would imagine he would get a grade 2-3 kicking, a 300 - 400 point penalty, so 3 - 4 weeks, OR Grade 2-3 Dangerous Conduct, 250 - 400 point penalty, so 3-4 weeks. Hell, they could slap him with both, if they feel like raking him over the coals. I am worried as hell.

_Johnsy

Referee
That's why it's intentional. His intent to have the boot out is designed to keep them back, therefore if they get close he knows they will eat a boot sandwich. It's a thug move.

Hate to see him do this kick move when his periods kick in..

This is where Slater has a real problem.
If his sole intention is to protect himself by thrusting his leg out @ 90 degrees from his body, he must cop the consequences of his actions.

Is it a likely consequence that his foot may strike a player in the head? Of course it is. Exactly the same as a player raising a forearm when running the ball. If he makes contact with an opponents head he will be suspended ie (he receives punishment for a decision he made). How many other fullbacks thrust their leg out ?

It's time for Billy & Melbourne to man up & accept the consequences for his actions.
Let's look at the likely scenario that Slaters foot connected with his jaw & broke it, would those saying nil suspension change their tune?

I am guessing they may. 2 weeks will suffice.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broke a jaw?

Haha.

He didn't kick. His foot was just hanging out there.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Klemmer said it was an accident.

Slater has done this every time he plays for years

This is the only time he has made contact with someones head with his leading foot.

They cannot confirm intent to kick because of this.

They cannot confirm it is reckless when Klemmer said it was an accident.

People are so biased & hate Slater/Storm that they have no objectivity.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Doesn't matter if he does it all the time. It's still wrong. It's a dangerous play regardless of the past.

You can't use your boot to keep the opposition at away from contesting a catch.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where is that law written?

Post facts instead of your emotional drivel.

Latest posts